It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Claims Religious Discrimination - Company Refuses to Print Fliers.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Reallyfolks

If it was me I would just use the self serve. 500 copies wouldn't take long. I would set it to print then browse the store for the next 5 minutes till they were done. It would probably save a few bucks as well.

Agree, if you felt discriminated against she could have gone to another store and rewarded them with her money. Made a Twitter feed, gave an example of going around the problem..done

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Liquesence

I made my point. Several times over.

Good night.

As did I and I stand by it, you people may not like it But oh well. Did you see what I did there? You people , I gave some more bait to get defensive about. You can thank me later.

So now you admit you're baiting people. I see what you're about.

Have fun on ATS.

Peace out.

If that's the vibe your getting. Cool. I enjoyed posting with you. Come again

Once again, you SAID IT:

I gave some more bait to get defensive about

That's called baiting.

You're a real piece of work. Say something and then deny it. You'd a make a great politician.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I made my point. Several times over.

Good night.

As did I and I stand by it, you people may not like it But oh well. Did you see what I did there? You people , I gave some more bait to get defensive about. You can thank me later.

So now you admit you're baiting people. I see what you're about.

Have fun on ATS.

Peace out.

If that's the vibe your getting. Cool. I enjoyed posting with you. Come again

Once again, you SAID IT:

I gave some more bait to get defensive about

That's called baiting.

You're a real piece of work. Say something and then deny it. You'd a make a great politician.

Don't deny anything actually you might have a point if you also posted a denial. I said it and stand by it. I simply asked if that's the vibe you were getting. We can keep going it may hit you one of these posts. And yes I am a piece of work.

Is this really the best you have?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If she felt like she was discriminated against then she should make an issue the problem is the store policy states certain crude language is not exceptable. That isn't discrimination. If she had issue with that then take it to a higher level of management.

I don't think she tried to solve the issue by going through normal channels. I think she saw an opportunity to become an attention w#@^e.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If she felt like she was discriminated against then she should make an issue the problem is the store policy states certain crude language is not exceptable. That isn't discrimination. If she had issue with that then take it to a higher level of management.

I don't think she tried to solve the issue by going through normal channels. I think she saw an opportunity to become an attention w#@^e.

Don't even think store policy came in. There was a link to the flyer on page two of this post. didn't see crude language. Agree attention seeker. Agree scan yourself, or as I suggested go to another business. Problem solved, less time consuming. Let friends know, problem identified, problem resolved.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Cold cocking someone isn't the only kind of violence and physical harm that discrimination perpetrates. In 31 states it is legal to physically harm and threaten the well being of LGBTQ people by firing them for being who they are, by evicting them for being who they are. Doctors can legally refuse to see LGBTQ patients, cab drivers can refuse to drive them, pharmacists can refuse to fulfill their prescriptions.

Pink pistols aren't going to solve those problems which translate to physical and mental harm.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Cold cocking someone isn't the only kind of violence and physical harm that discrimination perpetrates. In 31 states it is legal to physically harm and threaten the well being of LGBTQ people by firing them for being who they are, by evicting them for being who they are. Doctors can legally refuse to see LGBTQ patients, cab drivers can refuse to drive them, pharmacists can refuse to fulfill their prescriptions.

Pink pistols aren't going to solve those problems which translate to physical and mental harm.

Those other problems have a chance of being overcome, worked around, addressed.

If your dead you have no chance. If you are beaten to a bloody mess you have no chance while healing and recovering. Do not try and confuse physical harm with other harm you will fail every time. Live to fight another day??? Seems to be the better option. Pink pistols can help make that happen. Crazy right.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Whether or not the wording on the fliers was crude, derogatory, and against store policy is not for me to decide and really beside the point.

I will never expect someone to simply accept that they are being discriminated against and simply move on. I have respect for those who stand up against it, but I do expect them to try and handle the issue in a responsible way and feel that if it can be remedied through normal channels it should. Such as notifying corporate if a suitable resolution isn't found at that time then further action can be taken.

I do not respect those who go screaming to the media right away.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If your dead you have no chance.

Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among LGBTQ young people.

LGB youth are four times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
Nearly half of young transgender people have seriously thought about taking their lives, and one quarter report having made a suicide attempt.
LGBT people have significantly higher rates of depression, generalized anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, and substance use disorder than heterosexual people.
LGBT people experience stressors like social stigma, prejudice, and individual and institutional discrimination.
www.afsp.org...

LGBT youth deal with bullying in the form of harassment, violence, and attacks. Mental Health America conducted a study in 1998. They found that students constantly heard bigoted verbal abuse from name-calling like “homo”, “fag” or “sissy” more than two dozen times per day, which is one derogatory comment every fifteen minutes of each day.

A pink pistol isn't even a bandage for these problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If your dead you have no chance.

Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among LGBTQ young people.

LGB youth are four times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
Nearly half of young transgender people have seriously thought about taking their lives, and one quarter report having made a suicide attempt.
LGBT people have significantly higher rates of depression, generalized anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, and substance use disorder than heterosexual people.
LGBT people experience stressors like social stigma, prejudice, and individual and institutional discrimination.
www.afsp.org...

LGBT youth deal with bullying in the form of harassment, violence, and attacks. Mental Health America conducted a study in 1998. They found that students constantly heard bigoted verbal abuse from name-calling like “homo”, “fag” or “sissy” more than two dozen times per day, which is one derogatory comment every fifteen minutes of each day.

A pink pistol isn't even a bandage for these problems.

Are you now going to try and link suicide and a lgbt person getting murdered or beaten to a bloddy pulp? Paper thin at best, major fail in reality. Someone wanting to die and taking their own life isn't in the same ball park let alone state as someone wanting to live and having it taken from them. Are you really this desperate?

Edit: better yet how about we hookup the lgbt members who want to die via suicide with people that would hurt them. The people who want to die get what they want. The haters get what they want, work out aggression maybe leave the lgbt people who want to live be. Seems like a win/win to me.....ridiculous...yes. no more than trying to equate suicide with murder..absolute desperation.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

No. I'm saying that the abuse and the violence that discrimination breeds can manifest in more harmful ways than a fist fight. More LGBTQ young people are dying from suicide than murder.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No. I'm saying that the abuse and the violence that discrimination breeds can manifest in more harmful ways than a fist fight. More LGBTQ young people are dying from suicide than murder.

That opens up a very deep subject.

Lots of psychiatry involved.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Not worried about a fist fight. It's good for everyone to get knocked on their a$$ at some point. Helps them learn how to pick themselves up. I'm talking about murder and brutal beatings.

If the murders that do occur are not an issue then your right, forget pink pistols. One member took a beating and it can help there too. If this doesn't concern you then yeah won't help. But pink pistol can also help with the abuse and violence aspects which oddly seem to be aspects of murder and beatings. Call me crazy but it seems the violence and abuse ties into murder and beatings that pp can help. But it's not that big of a deal compared to suicide which can result from abuse and violence so pp can't help?????? Ok
edit on 12-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As long as it's still legal to discriminate against these people in 31 states, it will continue to be a social problem.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

As long as it's still legal to discriminate against these people in 31 states, it will continue to be a social problem.

Which discriminations are you referring to?

There's several right?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that brutality and murder doesn't bother me. But it bothers me more that more LGBTQ people are dying from suicide more often than from brutal beating and murders.

A pink pistol isn't the answer to LGBTQ discrimination and bigotry. It certainly isn't an answer to suicide.

edit on 12-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Gun laws don't stop gun crime, rape laws don't stop rape, murder laws don't stop murder, drug laws don't stop drugs, and I could go on all night laws. Laws do not prevent and arent intended to. But regardless the examples you gave can still be dealt with, overcome, and addressed....But not if you are dead or severely beaten.

You seem to take the approach no we just need to make it so these things don't happen. I'm a realist and if you had 25,000 laws on the books like you do with guns it will still happen. So you want to rely on laws, I like to rely on reality. Things like protect your physical self, financially hurt those who discriminate, don't ever let another hard earned dollar of yours in their hands, don't complain and wait for something to change, go around and solve it, someone always wants your business.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

In 31 states there are no laws that protect LGBTQ people from discrimination. In every one of those states rape, assault and murder are already illegal.

We don't need new laws. We need the Civil Rights laws we already have to extend to LGBTQ.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that brutality and murder doesn't bother me. But it bothers me more that more LGBTQ people are dying from suicide more often than from brutal beating and murders.

A pink pistol isn't the answer to LGBTQ discrimination and bigotry. It certainly isn't an answer to suicide.

Then you have a real problem because laws won't stop them either . Name me one law that has stopped it's identified crime? All these years, all these laws on the civil rights front, do you believe all bigotry and discrimination is gone towards black people? I will admit I don't think a lot of what is chalked up to it is accurate but I'm not crazy enough to believe it doesn't happen

So again is your solution to rely on laws, raise a stink complain and rely on a system that has never succeeded, or change the approach, go around the problem and overcome? Pretty simple choice. I have stated my opinion on the topic repeatedly. As have you. I'm putting my money on my approach.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Then you have a real problem because laws won't stop them either .

You're a troll. Let's just live in a society where the biggest gun is the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join