It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Will Be Shocked And Amazed By This Fact...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I agree.

once a person decides to leave the Country they are born, they should leave their beliefs and religion behind.

They still dont know what freedom is do they?

Freedom is when you can live your life according to yourself, not by some book... they will never be free!

edit on CDTWed, 09 Sep 2015 16:54:15 -05000000003004x115x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

America would be boring as F if people did that. You don't need to leave your culture behind, you just need to accept and participate appropriately in your new adopted one.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I mean sure? But turning a blind eye to someone's race and therefore racism is wrong. Acting like it doesn't exist won't help anything but let racism be perpetuated.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I agree. To tell someone or a group of people to abandon their culture because what? They came to their land? It's idiotic. If I come up with a nicer term I'll edit it out, but that's exactly what it is. Then why didn't the European colonists abandon their culture for that of the natives? And if we are to think merely of the present or recent world then accepting different cultures will unite us as a species whereas telling people to forget is to divide is as a species. Live and let live.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You speak of freedom, but mention forcing people to abandon their beliefs and religions...You didn't use the word force, but it was certainly implied.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: intrptr
We should drop the race suffix to human as well. I'm not running a race against my fellow humans, I'm just trying to be human.

Just for information (extracted from a dictionary);
"Race" in the sense of "contest of speed" comes from the Old Norse and Old English words RAS and RAES.
"Race" in the ethnic sense is a French word derived from the Italian RAZZA "of unknown origin".
They are actually different words which happen to have the same spelling.

Not "of unknown origin", according to this…

The noun “race” came into English in the mid-1500s from French, which got it from the Italian word razz (meaning species or kind).

Razza

If asked though, people will split between running a race or racism, i.e., skin color. The Paradigm carried it further by dividing skin colors along 'racial' overtones. Which most are smart enough to see through when they get older.

Thats how I had been taught, like every other conditioned person.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Your link says

The source of razza has never been determined

That's exactly what I said (quoting the Oxford Concise). The word "razza" is "of unkn. orig.".

Your link also says;

Whatever its origins, this sense of “race” is unrelated to the identical English word for a rushing forward (as in a footrace), which comes from early Scandinavian sources.

Again, that's exactly what I said.

edit on 9-9-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Your link says

The source of razza has never been determined

That's exactly what I said (quoting the Oxford Concise). The word "razza" is "of unkn. orig.".

Oh, got it. Damn dude, I didn't meant in the context of origins, just the modern interpretation of it meaning.

Race, racism, racial segregation. The OP wanted to remind everyone we are all human and I agree, all lives matter. I wanted to also include that we shouldn't compete like in a race either. Instead of pulling in all different directions, we should all pull together as a team. This planet is too small to cover for our mistakes anymore.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Funny...

It was literally yesterday that i looked up the difference between 'race' and 'species' on google... specifically with this question in mind.

I said it many times in my ATS posts, "that there is only one race, the human race"! you can check for yourself... so imagine my bemusement at finding a new thread asking exactly the same question. Synchronicity!

I see it like this:
Race is a precursor to advancement/evolution into what can be classified as new/different species.
Humans have manipulated their environment to fit their needs to the point where we stop evolving to fit the environment.
Humans no longer have a need to physically evolve. Humans are therefore no longer separated by developing races, but by breed.

The term 'race', within human perception, has become a social construct, rather than biological definition.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The OP's point might have been better emphasized if the words "Human Race" were typed in multiple colors; as it stands, it makes red look to be the superior color, potentially undermining the spirit of the post on a subliminal level.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Semantics. Would you prefer the word "breed"? Most do not. But yes lets pretend that all "colors" are equally at fault in all cases.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Why should we drop it, for as long as we have been taught, we are IT.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

Unfortunately, that is all we do is talk about doing more.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Stating the obvious there, the state of this planet is heading for the "finish line".

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Misnomer, huh? For who? We are always being called the Human race, and now you are telling me we are not? Call it what you want, we still are a bunch of racist pigs that think the color of our skin is what defines who we are, among other things, and I will call every animal a race if that makes you feel better.

Whale race, Dolphin race, Monkey race, Feline race, whatever race they are etc. They are not the issue here, they do not claim this planet for their own, they do not kill each other because of the color of their skin, only this stupid inferior HUMAN RACE does that.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well thanks, but we are souls first, humans 2nd and the 1% are still part of the human race even if most of them are evil and part reptilian. I for one am color blind when it comes to skin, that does not mean I condone the behavior of other aspects of society that pertain to greed and selfishness, merely saying that ultimately we do all bleed as humans, regardless of the color of our skin.

We have enough differences to separate us without making racism the forefront. Ultimately, we are all attached whether we accept it or not and it starts with forgetting about the color of our skin first, then we can concentrate on fixing other problems, like religion and gender equality and police brutality, etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: seeker1963

Race is only as divisive as the person discussing it.

Just like hair colour, eye colour, think Adolf.
How many others have tried the hair and eye colour to divide.

It's just a case that more people want to divide us by colour for the wrong reasons.

In the right hands, it's not divisive, it can be used to unite.

But yes we are one and bleed as one.

I'm reminded of an anecdote my friend told me...

A little Chinese/African/Native American boy could be the blood donor to a little white girl...
But that little white girls own family might not be able to....

From that hypothetical, it's easy to realise we are more dependent on each other as a species than we are as a race.

Why do you insist on separating the two? We are a species and we are a race. And you referencing that nazi here, you know the one called Adolph, he was the ruler of the Aryan race was he not? He supposedly thought whites were superior making him the ultimate racist of our species and thereby proving my OP...we are not the color of our skin and the aryan race is not superior, if anything they are inferior.

And what does your anecdote do but also prove the insidious behavior of the HUMAN SPECIES?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Wait I thought the point is that th3 human race is one and none is superior or inferior and yet you state a specific group, the Aryan race inferior...also it's Adolf not Adolph. I have to say you're a tad confusing. Or hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
The OP's point might have been better emphasized if the words "Human Race" were typed in multiple colors; as it stands, it makes red look to be the superior color, potentially undermining the spirit of the post on a subliminal level.

A very good post indeed, this just clearly shows that people just want to see color, that's all, and they try to justify whatever reasons they can conjured up to suit their argument.

It has never been about the color of our skin, it's got everything to do with a narrow minded old perception that still linger in our minds.

If we really want to move on to the next level of conscious evolution, we outta stop this kind of racial discrimination talk and let alone, even mention it at all, because all we are doing here, is adding more wood to the fire and eventually it gets out of hand.

Yeah, there are uprisings and crises going on in the world, and it's no surprise to some here, that it's part of the design and is meant to happen, so we as humanity can move on to the next phase of conscious evolution. We're moving in high gear as the world prepares for the SHIFT.

Peace
edit on 9-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'd like to know what makes Aryans inferior as a collective.

That's an interesting notion you put forth & I struggle to comprehend what you mean by it.

Everything else went over your head.
Not worth the data it would take to get you up to speed in my thought process.

TL;CBA
Races are separate, species are not.

I'm not an African.
I am a Human.

I'm not Oriental.
I am a Human.

I am Celtic.
I am a Human.

I belong to one race out of many.
I belong to the whole species among many.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join