It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis/Huckabee may be sued using eye of the tiger.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Gothmog

A civil suit from the people she denied their rights too will soon take that money away.

Uhh no. Again , FEDERAL LAW trumps state law ( I know , but the upper case/lower case was on purpose for some that dont understand for some reason) Yes the protected groups apply to all,not just the ones you pick and choose.

And I just realized how off topic this has became.Plus I am very tired of explaining the laws that guide in these situations....to folks that dont understand .
Maybe instead of being vague about it, you should explain exactly why she should be allowed to deny others their rights?

Ok . I am not going over this again...this is what , the 4th time for you ? I will go a step further (or 2)
1) she was denied her rights under Federal Law that would have prevented this . Now , after all this the state has realized they messed up and are now making accommodations.
2) Not only did they violate federal law , but this could go to court as a "hostile work environment charge" under that same federal law.

Please explain to me how her rights were denied, was she prevented from going to church and worshiping? Was she tazed every time she said god bless you, was some kind of device attached to her to prevent her praying to her imaginary friend in the sky, how were her rights denied?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I bet the military (government employees) has a hell of a time getting Jewish soldiers to fight on Saturdays, Christian soldiers to fight on Sundays, or any soldiers to kill another human being. I guess Muslim DMV employees need to be allowed to refuse to issue driver's licenses to women. I suppose any law enforcement officer who is religious ought to be allowed, if it is their belief, to stone someone to death if that's what the Bible says the appropriate punishment is for a suspect. I suspect Rastafarian schoolteachers ought to be allowed to smoke marijuana in their Kindergarten classes.

Do you see the problem yet?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

It's the Amish you should worry about

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
it will come down to who had the liscense to use this song. If no one at the rally had the permission or liscensing to do such, then alot of people are in trouble for violating copyrighted material. As it can be claimed that they pirated this song, that is a federal offense.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
it will come down to who had the liscense to use this song. If no one at the rally had the permission or liscensing to do such, then alot of people are in trouble for violating copyrighted material. As it can be claimed that they pirated this song, that is a federal offense.
Federal law? That doesn't matter, they were using it for religious freedom.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes
Really? Then Mike Huckabee is in a lot of trouble for having a political rally in a religious setting.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You do know in a place of business of any class , private , state , or federal you HAVE to make accommodations for personal beliefs under this law , right ?

So if my "personal belief/religion" is that everyone must take off all their clothes and kneel down when they see me you claim is that belief must be followed? You obviously did not think about your post, did you!

The state REFUSED to make accommodations in a timely manner and thus she was sent to jail

Wrong, she was sent to jail for contempt of court - and will be sent back there if she does not do her job.

Her fault, there is no one else to blame for her going to jail.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What is so difficult to understand that there is Federal Laws out there to protect from discrimination of any form . As we say Federal Law TRUMPS state law .

So this Federal law is used to protect homosexuals who want to get married from religious nutters who want to discriminate against them!

You are very confused.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

As for Jim Peterik, this may remind some of the oldies here who he is. He wrote and sang the old seventies hit 'Vehicle' for his group 'Ides of March', and apparently is still singing it. Lots of horns (not the devilish kind, although you never know, but the brass section):

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

a reply to: buster2010
Pitiful counter points all . You do understand there are (and I say it again) FEDERAL Non - Discrimination Laws that covers certain groups even State employtees . And it applies to ALL protected groups . not just your choice....Sad....

You have been spewing this same crap across multiple threads, what if it was a muslim refusing to issue women a driver's license, or a jewish USDA inspector refusing to certify hog farms, or a hindu inspector refusing to certify butcher shops?

These questions have been asked by others and myself multiple times, and no one spewing your line of crap will answer them, how about you?

That sounds about right...I blame Genesis as being at fault, that started it all..for all of us, and if anybody believes in Genesis as an aspect of religion, who is anybody to preclude all aspects of Genesis.

edit on 9-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text to clarify.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: boymonkey74

A civil suit from the people she denied their rights too will soon take that money away.

Uhh no. Again , FEDERAL LAW trumps state law ( I know , but the upper case/lower case was on purpose for some that dont understand for some reason) Yes the protected groups apply to all,not just the ones you pick and choose.

And I just realized how off topic this has became.Plus I am very tired of explaining the laws that guide in these situations....to folks that dont understand .
Maybe instead of being vague about it, you should explain exactly why she should be allowed to deny others their rights?

Ok . I am not going over this again...this is what , the 4th time for you ? I will go a step further (or 2)
1) she was denied her rights under Federal Law that would have prevented this . Now , after all this the state has realized they messed up and are now making accommodations.
2) Not only did they violate federal law , but this could go to court as a "hostile work environment charge" under that same federal law.

I am betting you are not able to actually source the law you are referring to and explain clearly how it applies and how it was violated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join