It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis ordered released from jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The "Christian" thing is a dilemma.

Even Obama, when taking his oath of office, said "So help me God."

Some people might just be following the words of the President to the "T".

File:Barack Obama Oath of Office.ogg

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I think it is a shame if she can really legally get away with that.

Here is the thing. If she was not such an outspoken homophobe and she just pawned off the marriage license signing to the other clerks you and I would not have known. So, yeah, legally she can do it, it is the fact that she verbalized it that is upsetting many people.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Even Obama, when taking his oath of office, said "So help me God."

That is not officially part of the Oath of the President of the United States and is instead a tradition, not always observed, but supposedly started by George Washington.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
I do respect her for standing up for her beliefs, but I just can't see how working for our current form of government is okay in her God's eye either......

Who did Moses work for?

What about Joseph?

The visible government isn't the problem.

The problem is with the invisible one.

It's about those who are hiding behind the facade.

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." -- Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

A Satanic cult has colonized the earth. This is the key to understanding history and avoiding the pitfalls of modern "cult--ure."

Humanity is Satanically Possessed

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Is there any reason she can't just be fired for not doing her job?

Yes. She's elected. She must be impeached by the state legislature and they don't meet until January.

Like AM said.

Can't they call a special session? Our state legislature does it all the time. It's gotten to the point where I wonder why they even call it a "special" session anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Humanity is Satanically Possessed

Really? Satan? Is that what we have to attribute her shortcomings on the job to? The Devil?

How about what just attribute it to what it really is? She is a bigoted, anti-Constitutional homophobe.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't care about her getting out of jail. I'm more disappointed that she wasn't fired or forced to resign and instead they are going to allow her to selectively discriminate provided that others in her office are allowed to issue the certificates. That is a bad call all around, and is RIPE for being abused in the future.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"Kim Davis will NOT violate her consciousness"

That's what her lawyer is saying, right now, on the courthouse steps, during a press conference. Kim Davis is in tears, with her head on his shoulder as the lawyer repeats the phrase over and over.

edit on 8-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The thing she claims to NOT WANT is her name on the license.

At least I think that’s the issue.

As the official county clerk her name goes on the documents from that office.

It shouldn’t matter whether the documents have Mickey mouse on them as long as people get their legal marriage licenses

So all this is about whether her signature is on the document

link   
a reply to: windword

Oh for Christ's sake.
I hope all the gay couples DO make a run on the Rowan County courthouse.

And I think it's funny that her attempt to emulate the Sweet Cakes people was shut down by GoFundMe.

sheesh.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ya I get that part, and I guess for the sake of sanity it works out. She doesn't do it but doesn't stop others either.
Just don't think she should be allowed to not do her public service because of religious beliefs, new found religious beliefs at that.

We have some threads about people doing that in the private sector and seems the common response is quit or get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I think it is a shame if she can really legally get away with that.

Here is the thing. If she was not such an outspoken homophobe and she just pawned off the marriage license signing to the other clerks you and I would not have known. So, yeah, legally she can do it, it is the fact that she verbalized it that is upsetting many people.

It's pretty weird she's a Democrat. Of course you won't catch CNN/ABC/CBS/Comedy Central/MSNBC etc ever mention that on air. So yeah, jail her, impeach her, then elect in a Republican.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Probably because they don't see how it matters?

Do the supporters of here ever mention that?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Then this should be clear evidence that Democrats aren't just singling out Republicans for Constitutional transgressions. I'm sure that's why you felt compelled to let us know she was a Democrat right?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think it will be sad for her when she dies and alas, there is a lot of nothingness....too late to realize god and christianity are but folklore from years past....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Grimpachi

...To stand up against the government whether right or wrong shows character.

She *IS* the government.

The judge hasn't done her any favours. In addition to being thrown in jail for not doing the job she swore an oath to do as she was the first time, she now runs the risk of being jailed for Contempt of Court if she persists.

Smart Judge.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
We haven't seen the last of this case. There will likely be more shenanigans from "Saint Kim's" office. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few employees in her office replaced before long. There's more than one way to interfere in the process.

And it won't be the last case either, the 'law firm' involved in her case is shady to the least. They seek out people of Christian faith that are anti-gay rights or some other thing along that line and coax them into 'martyring' themselves.

Benevolent Heretic seems to have some info on them.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Good point. I'm rather amazed that the "lawyers" at WBC aren't jumping up to defend her and all these other people digging in their heels.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Huckaby is the Al Sharpton of this issue.

Even Fox is denouncing Huckaby for using this as a political aid to his dying candidacy…

There calling it a Huckaby campaign rally

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
That is the interesting point.....she is an elected official appointed as the county clerk. Will she follow the judge's order or her sworn oath?

I would be interested in seeing the verbiage of her sworn oath as if it is similar to other public servant's oaths it specifically mentions supporting the Constitution of the United States.

Which she happened to have a rather big fail doing.

I suppose it all comes down to what you believe in the most...your country and the principles it was founded upon, or your ethereal, deity of choice.

If it's her god, then she should resign her public position immediately and be sanctimonious on her own time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join