It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis ordered released from jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Kim Davis was released from jail on Tuesday afternoon. Davis was jailed after repeatedly refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses in Rowan County, Kentucky, because of her personal religious beliefs. As a county clerk, Davis is obligated to issue marriage licenses and a Supreme Court decision this summer struck down gay marriage bans.

On August 26th, a U.S. appeals court ruled she must issue the marriage licenses. She refused once more and was sued by the ACLU. The ACLU requested she be held in contempt and fined. The judge agreed Davis should be held in contempt but felt a fine was not a harsh enough punishment for Davis. She was jailed on September 3.

As many of ATS followers have predicted Kim Davis is to be released from jail soon..... try today. The court order can be viewed here.

here

Will she return to her post and start issuing marriage license or will she refuse and be rearrested?

What do you think?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The release order also includes a mandate from the judge that she not interfere in the issuance of marriage licenses by anyone in her office.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The release order also includes a mandate from the judge that she not interfere in the issuance of marriage licenses by anyone in her office.

That is the interesting point.....she is an elected official appointed as the county clerk. Will she follow the judge's order or her sworn oath?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
That is the interesting point.....she is an elected official appointed as the county clerk. Will she follow the judge's order or her sworn oath?

I would be interested in seeing the verbiage of her sworn oath as if it is similar to other public servant's oaths it specifically mentions supporting the Constitution of the United States.

Which she happened to have a rather big fail doing.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'm predicting she will not be following that order and be going back to jail. There is no way she'll be handing out marriage licenses and will probably be invalidating those given out by her staff.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm predicting she will not be following that order and be going back to jail. There is no way she'll be handing out marriage licenses and will probably be invalidating those given out by her staff.

Well, then Saint Kimberly the Incarcerated can continue her path to martyrdom in a 10x8 and I say good riddance.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

She is ordered to not interfere with the other clerks issuing marriage licenses and if she doesn't that is fine. That was the problem to begin with, her stopping others.

If she does though then she may be in even hotter water because she would be in violation of the 1st amendment.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Following her oath would be following the judges order would it not???

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not sure how I feel about it one way or the other, I am glad they released her though. I think she would have enough sense though to allow the other clerks to issue them. In this scenario she is not forced to so, but is forbidden from blocking others. I would say happy medium???

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We haven't seen the last of this case. There will likely be more shenanigans from "Saint Kim's" office. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few employees in her office replaced before long. There's more than one way to interfere in the process.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't think she cares about violating the judge's order, she went to jail to prove her point and did not give in. I think when she returns to work she will once again direct the clerks to stop issuing any further gay marriage certificates.

She is not afraid to go to jail. Whether she is morally right or wrong....I do not judge but at least she stands her ground in what she believes in which is more than most people I know.

To stand up against the government whether right or wrong shows character.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is there any reason she can't just be fired for not doing her job?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yeah, that. Only issue is she is the government and the 'standing up' she is doing is to the Constitution which, quite frankly, far too many government officials have done already.

link   
I'm glad they released her, too. Huckabee and Cruz didn't get to visit her in jail and the planned rally would be moot now.

I tend to think she'll be going back, because she won't be able to keep from interfering in the deputies jobs.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Elected officials need to be impeached and the Kentucky Legislature only meets once every two years. Their next scheduled meeting is January from what I recall.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes. She's elected. She must be impeached by the state legislature and they don't meet until January.

Like AM said.

edit on 9/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Her character seems to be one that doesn't give a damn about the constitution, but wants to try and hide behind it.

Maybe her character is one that is simple too ignorant to understand the constitution.

Neither case is one that I feel should be worthy of praise.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Grimpachi because: fix

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I smell pungent lawsuits a'come'in.

link   

Elected officials need to be impeached and the Kentucky Legislature only meets once every two years. Their next scheduled meeting is January from what I recall.

Strange. Can they call an emergency meeting to work this out, or is this a case of them having the same thoughts on it and deciding to just wait until the next actual scheduled meeting to let it roll on as long as possible to see what the outcome is prior to having to make a decision?

link   

Kim Davis was released from jail on Tuesday afternoon. Davis was jailed after repeatedly refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses in Rowan County, Kentucky, because of her personal religious beliefs. As a county clerk, Davis is obligated to issue marriage licenses and a Supreme Court decision this summer struck down gay marriage bans.

On August 26th, a U.S. appeals court ruled she must issue the marriage licenses. She refused once more and was sued by the ACLU. The ACLU requested she be held in contempt and fined. The judge agreed Davis should be held in contempt but felt a fine was not a harsh enough punishment for Davis. She was jailed on September 3.

As many of ATS followers have predicted Kim Davis is to be released from jail soon..... try today. The court order can be viewed here.

here

Will she return to her post and start issuing marriage license or will she refuse and be rearrested?

What do you think?

She should of lost her job.

But dam yeah she should be released from jail.

Talk about a OTT response!

Jail especial in the so called "land of the free" should only be used for serious crimes!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join