It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Misrepresentation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: tanka418

you do understand that for your argument to have any merit at all this "map" must be random.

It is random. At one point Betty was convinced that it showed a region of the sky where the first pulsars were discovered. It did not match and the pulsars are now known to be a natural phenomenon. In other words, the best attempt to prove that they had a correspondence in the real world failed. They are the random products of Mrs. Hill's imagination.

Then please explain the template match, and probability!

The "best attempt" that was made by either Betty, or Ms. Fish are not as significant as you may think...firstly, all they had was the Gliese catalog, not quite as accurate as we might hope, and not very complete wither. Today we have Hipparcos and 2MASS...both far more accurate, and complete. When previous attempts at matching the "map" were made they did not have benefit of modern computer and AI aided methods...today we do. Today it is possible to not only find probable matches, but to rank them as to the accuracy or "fitness" of the match.

Secondly; there are features contained within that "map"...template that other analysts have not reported on, at least to my knowledge.

So...you show us just how this template is random...and please do not rely on any old data...old myth or fantasy.

Oh, and please...as I have provided real world science, hard data and numbers, please afford me the curtsey of not using conjecture and opinion.

edit on 18-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: ultimafule

No, I don't see. I do see you beating the same drum and not addressing any of the other points I made that are relevant to this thread. The "never mind" was meant to be partly sarcastic, hence the word "intimation" in my reply. Once again, I never said debunkers will become true-believers simply by reading reports. I was implying that if one has read enough, they would have come across the concept of hierarchies. I'm 100% positive I said all this in my reply. Are you reading the entire post?

How does the concept of hierarchies mean anything to those that don't believe people are being abducted or we're being visited by alien beings? In order for your statements to have any meaning and are worthy of serious discussion, you first need to prove the existence. The existence of decades and thousands of claimed physical beings that physically interact with humans. The evidence should reflect this. When you go to the outer fringes of this phenomenon, I really have no interest. So you're safe from me participating in a thread with you on this. When you comment seemingly using the same weak argument as other believers do- "we just don't know the cases" it's worthy of a comment.

You say you don't reply to posts of stories with no verifiable evidence. Did you read the OP? If so, then why are you participating in this thread?

I suggest you look at my first post in this thread and what I'm responding to. A member who has posted photos previously on this forum with a claim of an alien hiding behind a rock. I believe that falls into commenting on photographs. Any "derailing" from the topic was a comment from his believer side. If you missed it, it starts HERE.

Plenty of members post and stand righteous in their conviction that alien beings are here. If that's through their own personal experience, fine. I don't usually participate in "my experience" threads. Having your own experience however, doesn't mean every other UFO case is true. But it is treated so by many. When a discussion becomes about photos or public cases, I do chime in.

Hey bud...I'm not a so-called "believer" --- I know that aliens have arrived here from another star system/systems, off an on at least from the last 70 years or so. As for myself...I'm not "derailing" this OP's topic at all, because the title of this thread is called "Alien Misrepresentation" --- So I consider my posts on this thread as completely on topic, including poster's like yourself, who tried to portray my alien photo as a rock.

As for who is misrepresenting whom? I'll let you be the judge.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 18-9-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Please show me the sense of false security in that value...

...most of you only use slurs upon another's mental health, or some other wholly inappropriate issue

Why don't you go back and re-read what I posted about "false sense of security" and "mental health" and maybe it will dawn on you who actually said it. Yup, that comes from a member on your believer side of the fence. That's only part of the nonsense posted and vented towards those who don't share the same belief. Someone with similar verbiage also said people who don't believe this phenomena, possibly show symptoms of OCD. These are the type of laughable resorts taken.

You virtually NEVER use science...even your interpretations aren't your own, but rather comments made by another person about some wholly unrelated issue.

Perhaps IF you did what you suggest I do...and; "took the time to research beyond the popular lore"...as I have...you might begin to gain a real understanding...But, alas; that would mean that you will actually have to look at the real data...as opposed to someone else's interpretation...something you have NEVER done!

Someone else's interpretation? Why don't you examine what little I've said about the Hill case in this thread as an example, and tell me where I'm using someone else's interpretation. Link me a website, blog, or video that says the same as I do about the spots on the Hill's trunk and the lack of photographs or any supporting evidence from anyone over a span of months. Or show me where anyone has listed Betty's odd behavior in relation to her UFO sightings, as I have. A list that's only a portion of what she had said. Show me where I'm following anyone's lead, opinion, or interpretation.

Countless members have gone through the same star map charade with you with the same results. You've yet to prove anything to anyone except yourself and perhaps a few impressionable members. As I've repeatedly said to you, why don't you get on the horn with Stanton Friedman, who loves data, and share this "fantastic" mathematical discovery? A large part of his lecture is the Hill case. Maybe you can get on the UFO lecture circuit with Friedman and travel the country with this new information. Plenty of followers of these UFO lectures will gladly accept your findings. I'll email Friedman the link to your page if you want.
You can also share the story of your telepathic communication with aliens and their meeting at the G8 and G20 summits. Or your claimed ability to summon UFOs at will. You'll find people in that group who will wholly accept that information based on you word as well. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The essence of this thread, in my own mind is the real lack of certainty we have of the physical reality of these supposed aliens.

Are they human like or a combination of humanoid or what?

There are various schools of thought here:

The standard grey types and related to them by (some considered serious) researchers and the Insectoids and reptile like.

The Nordics and early--considered ridiculous by most---Adamski type very human-type aliens

Now the notorious Steven Greer (who I know gets very little credibility here) claims the grey's are all fake and deep government creations to deceive.

Others say these grays are demons all the way to being a part of an interbreeding program…who knows.

The fact is we KNOW nothing

You know like we know the sun rises and sets everyday and will arise tomorrow or know like we know the world is a globe or we know other axiomatic phenomenon…like monkeys and bugs and squirrels.

In other words the misinformation, disinformation, delusions, illusions, and just a lack of information and the information that IS true but can we confirm any of it…makes this field pregnant with possibilities.

In other words what DO WE REALLY KNOW?

edit on 18-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Indeed!

So that would be a complete rejection of science, logic, and sense then...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

You can also share the story of your telepathic communication with aliens and their meeting at the G8 and G20 summits. Or your claimed ability to summon UFOs at will. You'll find people in that group who will wholly accept that information based on you word as well. Good luck!

That's your problem isn't it; you think that all I've said is just "my word"...

You are free to do the same "experiments" I did, and compare your results to mine...after all that is the essence of science.

So...please, do the science as I did, and then decide what is true...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The standard grey types and related to them by (some considered serious) researchers and the Insectoids and reptile like.

The Nordics and early--considered ridiculous by most---Adamski type very human-type aliens

If we were to base the visiting species, and indeed virtually everything else ET on long standing legend; then there are only 3 species visiting.

These species are the "Nomo" or Naga of Dogon / Hindu fame. A gray, blue, sometimes a bit green. An amphibious species from a water world, orbiting NU(2) Canis Majoris...this is a real planet...

The second are the Pleiadeans, though they are probably from 39 Tauri, a "G" class star old enough to support colonization. They are the Annunaki of Sumer...

The third are the Grays of Zeta Reticuli; my draft paper provdes more than enough data to extablish a very good probability they are indeed real, even if not quite how they are "cracked up" to be.

Others say these grays are demons all the way to being a part of an interbreeding program…who knows.

Logic, common sense would suggest the grays are pretty much the same as Terrestrials, in that they are an independent species that evolved on another wrold. They are not terrestrial, and therefore most terrestrials allow their imaginations to run a bit wild; after all they are..."alien".

Y'all shouldn't allow that word to get in your way...don't allow it to twist your sense and logic.

The fact is we KNOW nothing

Actually much more is known than many think...y'all simply have to allow yourselves to accept simple truths...y'all are making it harder than it needs to be.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
Logic, common sense would suggest the grays are pretty much the same as Terrestrials, in that they are an independent species that evolved on another wrold.

I disagree. I would say that logic and common sense would suggest that "the grays"(sic) are nothing more than fictional entities, at least until definitively proven otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Logic, common sense would suggest the grays are pretty much the same as Terrestrials, in that they are an independent species that evolved on another wrold.

I disagree. I would say that logic and common sense would suggest that "the grays"(sic) are nothing more than fictional entities, at least until definitively proven otherwise.

Well then...get past my "chopped liver"...

I've put forth data (evidence) that indicates they are indeed real...nobody has been able to show that it is in error...in fact, nobody has done anything with it except pretend it doesn't exist...

edit on 19-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I've put forth data (evidence) that indicates they are indeed real...nobody has been able to show that it is in error...in fact, nobody has done anything with it except pretend it doesn't exist...

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

Full Definition of DATA

: factual information (as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation
: information output by a sensing device or organ that includes both useful and irrelevant or redundant information and must be processed to be meaningful
: information in numerical form that can be digitally transmitted or processed

www.merriam-webster.com...

evidence

Tweet noun ev·i·dence ˈe-və-dən(t)s, -və-ˌden(t)s
: something which shows that something else exists or is true

: a visible sign of something

: material that is presented to a court of law to help find the truth about something

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I think the words mean exactly what I think they do...

IF you wish to address the data, please do...otherwise stfu...your comments will only distract from the matter at hand. (which is what you want, since you can't really deal with the data...)

Anyway, address the data, or keep silent.

edit on 19-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is your data and draft on your website? I probably won't be too open minded about it but its worth a shot. And that's only because I am stuck in my own visions of what this is.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
Is your data and draft on your website? I probably won't be too open minded about it but its worth a shot. And that's only because I am stuck in my own visions of what this is.

The paper is here

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
As far as evolutionary theory goes, I believe that across the universe there's a set number of ways life can evolve to the point where both intelligence and the ability/creativity to leave your homeworld are set into motion, I doubt you would see beings from gas worlds like Jupiter or worlds with -200 degrees F temperatures go out and expore the Galaxy, creatures with mammalian, amphibian, reptilian and avian backgrounds seem to have the best chance of succeeding. Outliers like with cases of insecticids are what I would call "convergent-like", they may be "bug-like", but are not actual insects in any sense of the word.

The beings we see in ufo/abductee lore are what they are because they are the kinds of forms of life that would be successful.
edit on 20-9-2015 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nothing is a true alien unless it is un carbon based I say. Anything els is simply an animal etc. also I don't believe in any of the aliens you said but I'm not here to talk about that.
The fact that people tell you about the types of alien civilisations is way off the only aliens there are do not have the same type of worlds type we do, we are water and carbon related they are what we call I guess " everything not particle " which is something.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The paper is here

You should at least warn people when you post a direct link to a PDF....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The paper is here

Why?
PDF is a standard for documents...one that is compliant with all platforms...and is actually intended for document communication...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The paper is here

Why?
PDF is a standard for documents...one that is compliant with all platforms...and is actually intended for document communication...

Correct, but the PDF format also has vulnerabilities that can allow code to be executed simply upon opening. I'm not saying that's the case with your PDF (it isn't), but it's nice to know what you're clicking.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The paper is here

Why?

Correct, but the PDF format also has vulnerabilities that can allow code to be executed simply upon opening. I'm not saying that's the case with your PDF (it isn't), but it's nice to know what you're clicking.

Okay...but the issue I would have is that I can't include images and other "non-text" items/data in a text file...Any other format, and the same security issues are present...and I can even embed those issues in a text file...it just a wee bit more difficult.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

My point is we don’t know.

And even if we did know we wouldn’t know since we only would know them from who they sent on a UFO mission

Would somebody from another planet know all about what creatures are on the earth, all the different kinds of races from who the 5 or 6 white males on that mission?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join