It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you suggesting that seeking refugee status and asylum for some purpose other than citizenship? If so, please tell me what that is and where you found that information. I am going to hold you to the same standard of exacting proof you demand of others. What is the reason they are seeking refugee status and asylum, and how do you know for a fact that it is not meant to lead to citizenship? Please be specific and cite your sources.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And this doesn't apply to your argument as well? You cant admit that the potential for more people to follow this lead as a means of deception for personal motives even exists? And you call my argument a slippery slope?

Nothing is ever as clearly one-sided as you would like to think.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
To those whom I may have offended or angered:

It is very obvious that you have an agenda. It is very obvious that anyone who disagrees with you is, in your own words, ignorant, unenlightened, derisive, phobic, etc. You seem to be able to see these defects in people quite clearly. Yet for some reason you completely fail on the introspective examination of your own rabid determination to seek out and destroy any and all who do not immediately bow to your personal opinion, even when supporting your opinion requires the actual re-definition of the words used to describe the core of the conversation. More than one of you has openly stated that the dictionary is wrong, and that you are right.

It must be an incredible feeling to be so omnipotent. Enjoy your narcissistic imaginings, the limitations of your own ability to understand and accept anything that does not originate in you. You have argued for your limitations heartily. Congratulations. You get to keep them.

"Truth", for the win Alex...
edit on 7-9-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
This is what you said:

Not that it wasn't a source of persecution, but it wasn't one that would get you legal citizenship in the US. Now it apparently is, or at least someone is trying to make it so.

Are you suggesting that seeking refugee status and asylum for some purpose other than citizenship?
Yes. The purpose is to be able to remain in the country legally.

What is the reason they are seeking refugee status and asylum, and how do you know for a fact that it is not meant to lead to citizenship?
I don't know. Maybe they do want to become citizens eventually. If so they will have to follow the procedures to do so. But gaining asylum status does not make them citizens. In this case, it is not for her to become a citizen at all, due to her arrest record.

Please be specific and cite your sources.
For what? You want a source which says that asylum does not confer citizenship? You want me to prove a negative? How about a source which says what asylum actually does confer?
www.uscis.gov...

edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: EKron
I saw differing opinions for some terminology so, to avoid speaking from a platform of being uninformed, I went to a dictionary and used the definitions I found there. And for that I am ignorant? Why? Because the definitions don't fit your politically correct perspective that anything gay is automatically ok and anyone who disagrees to even the slightest degree is, "transphobic". as you put it?

I'm sorry you used an inaccurate or out of date dictionary and did I call you or anyone here transphobic? I am not gay and how dare you assume anything about my politics. My definitions were and are accurate even to the point of describing transvestites as erotic fetishists rather than just cross-dressers which is anything but PC.

Might want to have a look this Media Reference Guide. In your future discussion it may help you not sound so uninformed and be taken a little more seriously?

I really don't feel the need to defend myself against your ignorance and bigotry but heck, why not? Except for some BS things that can only observed under the microscope and the inability to have children like a lot of women are unable to do, I just happen to be one of those born different women that never was or ever lived as a man and without your scientific instruments to quantify me, would have no idea I was any less female than your wife, girlfriend or mother.

Now that you mention it, your posts to me and JadeStar do seem to be quite confused and transphobic which tends to nullify any argument you may have expressed in the on topic discussion of this thread. See how much fun it is when someone invalidates you? Any credibility you did have has been completely washed away by your last few posts. Sad.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't want to get into a prolonged discussion about this. I'm posting on my phone as I was enjoying the holiday with my family until I was forwarded your fairly ignorant transphobic post.

I have no "agenda" but as a scientist I can't argue with someone who doesn't accept the wealth of peer reviewed research which since 1995 discovered and since then has confirmed the difference in brain structures. That is research which shows that transgender people are the gender they say they are due to being born with a brain physically the same as the gender they assert they are.

Don't believe me? Read this article in New Scientist:
www.newscientist.com...

New Scientist too "liberal" for ya?

Then read this Wall Street Journal article on that: www.wsj.com...

You have a political reason to discount all of that though. I don't know why. My family are politically conservative and I myself am independent. This is not a left/right issue. Its a human rights issue which transcends left vs right nonsense.

Just realize that this "agenda" you think is going on is nothing more than a recognition by private industry and governments of the facts found about the cause of this over the last 20 years. That's why you're seeing the shift you are.

Think about it logically. Transgender people are less than a half percent of the population. Do you honestly think the "transgender agenda" is so wealthy and powerful to get laws changed on its behalf for everything from local school policies to the U.S. Dept. of Defense?

Are transgender people so powerful a political voting block that politicians fear for their lives going against them?

Of course not. It's just that something discovered 20 years ago has finally "trickled down" to the average well educated, reasonable person and these people are policy makers so policies have changed accordingly.

It's like a birth defect with the roughly same occurance as others such as autism.

That's not opinion at this point. Maybe to knuckle draggers but not to medicine or well educated reasonable people.

That is why gender reassignment including surgery is covered under health insurance. Because treatment for birth defects usually are:

I see you don't believe in science or modern medicine for that matter. Your loss. You're very wrong and the science supports exactly what I said.

You may fear the way society has changed while you were mostly unaware of the real reasons but just remember.....

Every knuckle dragged eventually gets old and requires medical attention.

The health care field is full of Transgender people so god forbid you ever need a transgender nurse to take care of you.

Ps: Calling me man just makes you look crazy to anyone today. I can't argue with cray cray.

in reply to.....

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: JadeStar

The definitions are 'overly simplistic' only because they don't support your agenda. Think about what you just said. "Those definitions are overly simplistic..." If he definitions don't support your argument, change them until they do. That is the very core of the liberal political rationale. You don't get to redefine things until you win. Or if you can have that bizarre entitlement, so can I.

LIke Phage saying "gender is complicated." Its not complicated unless you are trying to make it something its not supposed to be. One is male, the other is female. That is pretty simple. It only gets complicated when you have men who think they are women and women who think they are men trapped in the wrong body. If you are in a man's body guess what - you are male. You may not be manly, but you are male.

The reality is that you aren't a woman trapped in a man's body. You are a man who would feel better acting like a woman. You are NOT a woman. You may think you feel like one, but you don't know for sure because YOU ARENT FEMALE. That would be like a man saying he KNOWS what it is like to give birth. Even if it was described to him absolutely perfectly he still wouldn't know what it was like. For that matter, he wouldn't know if it was described perfectly or not since he has no FEMALE perspective to use for comparison. Its a bunch of crap.

Just because you think you are more female than male, you identify with women more than men, you want to be female, you like to pretend you are female, you imagine yourself as female, you 'identify' as female (the new gender buzzword), that does not make you female. It makes you a guy with an identity issue.

Oh, comparing transvestites to historical re-enactors is just sick.

edit on 7-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Everyone familiar my views will be shocked. Let them stay, feed and house them in prison but no hormone treatments. This person will be destroyed if they are returned and therefore, deserve sanctuary. Sanctuary (protection from harm) doesn't include gender adjustment measures or a new car or an iPhone. But sanctuary is justified in my opinion.

It is only right.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is a shamelessly Progressive agenda. It serves two purposes...1) to bring more illegals or keep more illegals in the States regardless of whether they are criminal or not, and 2)further promote a transgender agenda which is another one of their pet projects.
Glenn Beck has a charity going for Christians who are persecuted in Syria.... but the Progressives hate Glenn too much to give him any credit.

www.glennbeck.com...
In fact the Progressives claim Glenn Beck has a messiah complex for wanting to help Christians in Syria....why is that? Talk about pot calling the kettle....
This Salon.com article is promoting taking Syrian refugees, but the State Dept apparently only takes muslims...
Salon complained about Rand Paul:

But if more U.S. politicians start echoing the sentiments of Kentucky senator and presidential candidate Rand Paul, a challenge may turn into an impossibility. Speaking to CNN on Thursday, Paul said that because America “can’t accept the whole world” there must be “limits” placed on its willingness to accommodate refugees.

www.salon.com...
Of course Rand Paul is right. So why are the Progressives in this fight for one transgendered illegal who is a felon but not for Syrian Christians?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

she is protected under international anti-torture conventions, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Thursday.

Isn't that supposed to mean like...waterboarding and sleep deprivation and stuff like that?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Isn't that supposed to mean like...waterboarding and sleep deprivation and stuff like that?
No.
www.nolo.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. I never realized rape was on a par with waterboarding and electric shock as a definition of torture.
Well certainly Syrian Christians are as deserving of asylum under those definitions.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I never realized rape was on a par with waterboarding and electric shock as a definition of torture.
Been raped a lot, have you? No big deal?

Well certainly Syrian Christians are as deserving of asylum under those definitions.
Probably so.

edit on 9/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I never realized rape was on a par with waterboarding and electric shock as a definition of torture.

Oh yeah and some countries do use rape to instill fear and to torture.

And yes what Phage said. Rape is a traumatic event and is as bad (actually way worse) as waterboarding and other forms of torture.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Thanks for the clarification. I never realized rape was on a par with waterboarding and electric shock as a definition of torture.

Rape is perhaps the oldest torture method in the world! I can't believe you didn't know that.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That's what a TS is pre-op.

No.

Biologically speaking...Yup, no different than a Transvestite except perhaps the desire to go through with the transition.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yup, no different than a Transvestite except perhaps the desire to go through with the transition.

What desire? You are either born with the brains of a male or a female. Transvestites are usually straight men who like to dress up as women. I truly doubt the "cross-dressers" want to go through with the transition.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Many cultures 'self-police' sexual deviants. Without an organized and effective legal system, there aren't any other ways to discourage taboo behavior.

So does this mean the US is now a refuge for the world's undesirables? Send us your pedophiles, zoophiles, polygamists, and whoever else freaks you out. These people are to be protected - even if they violated federal law just to get here, and then broke a few silly local laws just to get by.
edit on 8-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Many cultures 'self-police' sexual deviants. Without an organized and effective legal system, there aren't any other ways to discourage taboo behavior.

So does this mean the US is now a refuge for the world's undesirables? Send us your pedophiles, zoophiles, polygamists, and whoever else freaks you out. These people are to be protected - even if they violated federal law just to get here, and then broke a few silly local laws just to get by.

If I had a dollar for every time someone who is supposed to be intelligent compared someone GLBT with pedophiles and zoophiles on ATS.

Deny Ignorance? ATS seems to be an ignorance magnet.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yup, no different than a Transvestite except perhaps the desire to go through with the transition.

What desire? You are either born with the brains of a male or a female. Transvestites are usually straight men who like to dress up as women. I truly doubt the "cross-dressers" want to go through with the transition.

Exactly.

An MRI of the white matter microstructures in a cross dresser's BSTc region would show up as being no different from other males.

An MRI of the white matter microstructures in a male to female transsexual would show up as being like other females.

Thus a transsexual is significantly different from a cross dresser at a basic physical level in the brain.

A couple of relevant papers:

The microstructure of white matter in male to female transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A DTI study - Giuseppina Rametti, Beatriz Carrillo, Esther Gómez-Gil, Carme Junque, Leire Zubiarre-Elorza, Santiago Segovia, Ángel Gomez, Antonio Guillamon - (Journal of Psychiatric Research)

White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging stud - Giuseppina Rametti, Beatriz Carrillo, Esther Gómez-Gil, Carme Junque, Santiago Segovia, Ángel Gomez, Antonio Guillamon - (Journal of Psychiatric Research)

edit on 8-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
don't want to be tortured?

obey the law!

simple...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join