It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Right! Like I said what she did in the USA was minor. To force her back to her country is a crime.

I know you are angry. I am angry too. I am here for you to chew out lol.

I am not angry in the least. Try saying "I think" instead of "I know". You do not know what goes on in my head. Only I know that. Ok?

My apologies if I misunderstood. I ask the posters directly because they are the ones who made the comments, and I am trying to get their meaning straight from the source. It is never a good idea to speak for others...you might find yourself in an uncomfortable situation by doing things like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

My apologies if I misunderstood. I ask the posters directly because they are the ones who made the comments, and I am trying to get their meaning straight from the source. It is never a good idea to speak for others...you might find yourself in an uncomfortable situation by doing things like that.

I apologize. I just wanted to let you know that the poster you replied have already replied to similar questions and posts. But for the others including the OP? Who the hell knows?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

We aren't going to have an influx of illegal aliens in drag unable to be shipped back home. Frankly it wouldn't bother me if that happened sometimes if it kept people from being tortured or returned to a place notorious for human right's violations.

So basically they are worried about guys like this?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And you think those people will listen? Like I said that person you replied to understood and admitted it.

Listen? To what? If someone comments on a thread, the rest of us have every right to respond to that. Why are we still having this discussion? I am addressing the person who made the callous remark. Period. No one else. And I have yet to see any post where the person admitted anything. Had I seen such a thing, I would not have asked him/her the questions in the first place. Your personal assumptions about what he/she meant are not an acceptable alternative to hearing it from the actual person.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

No, he WANTED to go home.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

They have asserted, earlier in the thread (and so did the OP), that this incident will cause a flood of people pretending to be transgender and suffering torture as a ticket into the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Listen? To what? If someone comments on a thread, the rest of us have every right to respond to that. Why are we still having this discussion? I am addressing the person who made the callous remark

Yes you do have that right. I just wanted to tell you that he have already understood. You can tell him to f off all you want it's your right. I am just updating this thread for you. Don't worry. I am with you.

Had I seen such a thing, I would not have asked him/her the questions in the first place. Your personal assumptions about what he/she meant are not an acceptable alternative to hearing it from the actual person.

Probably. We have answered and he have admitted. I just wanted to mention it. No harm done.

Now let's focus on the OP and those other uh not so understanding people lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

No, he WANTED to go home.

In the OP they WANT to do anything and stay.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

They have asserted, earlier in the thread (and so did the OP), that this incident will cause a flood of people pretending to be transgender and suffering torture as a ticket into the country.

No. This is about people already in the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

They seemed to be saying people would fake being transgender after committing a crime that would normally see them returned because if they were transgender there was a chance of torture. I don't think many actually understood what had already happened. I don't think everyone was being a jackass, just misinformed, including the OP.

I think what most people were worried about was having everyone that was going to be deported suddenly "discover" they were transgender and claim asylum because their home country treats transgender folks poorly in prison/general. If that were the case, I can understand the concern, and I would think actual transgender folks would hate that sort of thing too since it would further the narrative of a transgender person being a man in a dress.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

They seemed to be saying people would fake being transgender after committing a crime that would normally see them returned because if they were transgender there was a chance of torture.

Thank you.

I think what most people were worried about was having everyone that was going to be deported suddenly "discover" they were transgender and claim asylum

Yeah all of sudden some men want to dress up like a woman like Jamie Farr and expect them to send them back. That's the point I was trying to make. Some people here in this thread seem to think after this there's gonna be a influx of people faking it.
edit on 9/17/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

That's what I got from most of the comments that could be taken as offensive, they just seemed to be only reacting to the OP, who clearly didn't understand the situation fully. If he did understand it fully and was trying to craft a narrative he did a terrible job of it.

I think most reasonable people wouldn't want to see someone shipped back to a place where they had been tortured. I also think it's very easy to get lazy and post emotionally.

For the record I appreciate that you tried to show someone may have said something that was being perceived in the wrong way, and that they may have recanted (I'm too lazy to hunt through the thread). The internet is not an easy place to communicate, we lose so much without the human component.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

For the record I appreciate that you tried to show someone may have said something that was being perceived in the wrong way, and that they may have recanted

I apologize. I must have been thinking about someone in this thread that recanted. Can't remember the name of the poster. Doesn't matter anyway.

and that they may have recanted (I'm too lazy to hunt through the thread

TOS won't let me name that person.

I think most reasonable people wouldn't want to see someone shipped back to a place where they had been tortured.

Yep that makes sense. Most people here in this thread don't get it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No. This is about people already in the country.

No, it really isn't.

I am really beginning to believe that you are one of those people who will argue with a fencepost. Please, take the time to actually read the OP. It is right there, plain as day:

Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, said on "Fox and Friends Weekend" that this is an ideological decision that's not actually based on U.S. immigration law.

"It's just another reason for more illegal aliens to come in and claim this type of protection," Fitton said.

FROM THE OP:

edit on 30354America/ChicagoThu, 17 Sep 2015 16:35:41 -050030pm30259America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think what most people were worried about was having everyone that was going to be deported suddenly "discover" they were transgender and claim asylum because their home country treats transgender folks poorly in prison/general. If that were the case, I can understand the concern, and I would think actual transgender folks would hate that sort of thing too since it would further the narrative of a transgender person being a man in a dress.

The OP article specifically and in plain English mentioned this possibly resulting in an influx of illegals coming to this country. Additionally, several members have echoed that opinion, all through the thread. I don't know what "most people" may or may not think. I am talking about the members on this particular thread and the quote in the link provided, right there in large print, in the OP article.

The transgender populace are not just men wearing dresses...in fact, as has been stated repeatedly here, fashion choice has nothing to do with gender reassignment. That would fall under the category of "crossdressing", and is not exclusive to just the males of Planet Earth, and is not actually indicative of anything, so why would they hate that sort of thing? What "narrative"? Who is narrating what? There are both men and women who choose gender reassignment too, and that is a well-documented and well-publicized fact.

This individual has proof, going back many years, of what happened to her. My point to those who are raising the concern that this will motivate people to cross illegally into this country pretending to be transgender is that it is highly improbable. They would have to be able to prove that they are in fact transgender and that they have been tortured and violated to the degree that returning to their country of origin will be life-threatening. They're not just handing out asylum, as has been repeatedly suggested here, to every "man in a dress" that enters the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think you need to take a break. I get that being transgender makes this sort of thread more emotional for you, but you seem to be completely misunderstanding the tone of a number of posts.

The transgender populace are not just men wearing dresses...in fact, as has been stated repeatedly here, fashion choice has nothing to do with gender reassignment.

This is a little example. I said that transgender people would be upset because this would further the narrative of a trans* person just being a man in a dress, something that is false and detrimental to your acceptance.

I agree with you, but you seem incapable of actually understanding what people are saying to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think you need to take a break. I get that being transgender makes this sort of thread more emotional for you, but you seem to be completely misunderstanding the tone of a number of posts.

The transgender populace are not just men wearing dresses...in fact, as has been stated repeatedly here, fashion choice has nothing to do with gender reassignment.

This is a little example. I said that transgender people would be upset because this would further the narrative of a trans* person just being a man in a dress, something that is false and detrimental to your acceptance.

I agree with you, but you seem incapable of actually understanding what people are saying to you.

First of all, why on earth would you make such a blind, silly, baseless, condescending assumption about my (or anyone else's, for that matter) gender? I am very much straight and very much female, and I was born that way and wouldn't want to be any other way. I am not transgender. However, I seriously doubt that if I actually were what you so incorrectly assumed me to be, that you would "get" it in the least. The fact that you seem to think that they would place another person's ignorant assumption in such importance to their lives that they would waste even one second of their time and energy on hating it shows very clearly how little you actually "get it". Your assertion that people being ignorant about the difference between crossdressing and gender reassignment is somehow "detrimental" to anyone's "acceptance" is further proof of that.

I am aware of what you said. I read it. And I responded to it. I asked you what you meant by "narrative". Who are you talking about? No one is "narrating" anything. This is a typed conversation, not an audio book or presentation, so I have no idea what you're referring to when you say "narrative".

If you are experiencing difficulty with people understanding what you are saying, perhaps it would be helpful if you did a little fact-checking before editorializing on their personal lives and discounting everything they say based on blind assumption and personal bias. Not everyone would be as polite about that as I was...it's better to be careful before you accidentally insult someone, jumping to baseless conclusions like that.

It would seem that you are the one who is incapable of actually understanding what people are saying to you. Try really paying attention instead of grandstanding.

edit on 30515America/ChicagoThu, 17 Sep 2015 17:51:11 -050030pm30259America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't think you really have to worry about the influx of illegals because of this. It's hard to pretend to be a transgender person, don't you think? That's what many posters here have been trying to say.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I don't think you really have to worry about the influx of illegals because of this. It's hard to pretend to be a transgender person, don't you think? That's what many posters here have been trying to say.

It is also what I have been saying. Their concern is silly and completely unfounded. Which is exactly what I was addressing in the first place.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It is also what I have been saying. Their concern is silly and completely unfounded. Which is exactly what I was addressing in the first place.

Oh ok I apologize. I was very drunk. I don't even remember what I said LOL. Glad we agree. This thread is one of those fearmongering threads.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join