It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 CEOs Called Out By Bernie Sanders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not entirely true.
A company pays income taxes on profits not revenues. When they don't make a profit for the year they don't pay taxes.
general motors lost millions before their bailout and likely didn't pay taxes for those years.

Yes, and we 'human' people pay taxes on our 'revenues' not our 'profit'. And this is fair how? If coporations have the same 'rights' that I do, then I should have the same 'tax' law that they do and be able to deduct my 'cost of doing business' from my 'revenue' before paying any taxes.

(as an aside - I would exclude Social Security and Medicare from 'costs of doing business' for either indiviudals or businesses.)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

How about if you just explain to us, then?
I watched your video about the NWO and Germans and Russians and all that.

I understand what you are saying......

but insisting that I (or anyone) "read this!" or "watch that!" or "listen to this other thing!" isn't really delivering your message. Many readers/members can't watch videos, or aren't allowed to click on links outside of wherever....

I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm just saying....
can you please just present a transcript or some text that shows your point?

Thanks, undo.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

sounds interesting. and fix the court system. i was ashamed to learn that most countries don't allow plea barganing as they recognize it as coercion. ohmygosh how did it get this bad!?!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
OK, so we know about these problem companies and we know about the tax system problems.

Now what's the solution start-to-finish?

Asked you a similar question in one of your own threads and I'm still waiting on an answer.

Bernie seems to have some answers. The questions are hard ones and the answers are equally tough, but how can we propigate an economic system based on cutting the heads off of chickens and kazoos when "too big to fail" fails?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

18 CEOs Called Out By Bernie Sanders For Taking Trillions In Bailouts, Evading Taxes, and Outsourcing Jobs

Well then Sanders needs to call out himself and HIS OWN ideology.

The ONLY reasons jobs leave this country is because WE ARE ALL paying for the labor to produce goods, and services than it costs to actually make them.

THAT is why jobs leave.

Also I guess Sanders didn't pay attention nor anyone else because TARP was paid back.

The TARP bailout fund, which pumped nearly $500 billion into the nation's leading banks, automakers and insurers, is getting closer to the break-even point.

But then again the ONLY reason automakers were 'bailed' out was because the UNIONS were getting paid MORE than it cost to make vehicles.

People are paying attention ?

The only thing they are doing is listening to lies.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Good for Bernie. We don't agree on everything but he is doing and saying the right things.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now, Bernie is exposing the "problem" of overseas tax havens right?

How does the U.S. end that loophole?

It's rather obvious, isn't it? Rewrite the tax code. Eliminate the loopholes. Damn the lobbyists. It needs to happen....and not tomorrow. TODAY.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

here it is in a nutshell:

we are living in a tyranny. it's being run by a bunch of thieves. they claim the right to do all kinds of awful things to us, for no reason at all. they no longer need to prove anything to arrest and incarcerate you or even kill you. they force most people that are in prison, into the prison system via plea bargaining and then make those people into slaves for corporations. do you know what plea bargaining is? they tell you what you can put in your body, where you can and cannot work, how much of your labor belongs to them and whether or not your business will be allowed to succeed. they stir up race against race to threaten us and make other nations want to see our demise.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes, I liked that part too. My wife and I were just talking about that the other day. Our Justice system is so unbelievably screwed up and NOT Just whatsoever. In fact, I can honestly say I would rather be sent to war just about anywhere than be subject to bureaucratic nightmare of the our justice system.

There is nothing, no amount of control or leverage for anyone once caught in our system. Other than wealth or inside connections that is. If you're a regular individual and get snared for any reason there is no telling what's going to happen to you. It ranges in scale from being completely innocent and spending life in prison to being a psychopathic child rapist and getting off without even a slap on the wrist. We've all seen examples of each of those and everything in between.

When you have a system that repeatedly shows such results you must conclude that it is not only failing to provide the security it was built for, but has actually become the danger you need protection from at that point.

Scary Sh*t!!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

neo.....after 2008, millions of people (TENS of millions of American citizens) lost their jobs, lost their homes, lost their 401ks, lost all of their savings.

The "too big to fail" and "too big to jail" fiends (Yes, FIENDS, not "friends") (who were bailed out BY US), earned ALL of their 'assets' back and then some -- to the tune of, like, exponentially more than 2008 cost them. Do you not realize this??

But the rest of us continue to suffer. The CEOs hide their assets off-shore. They get inordinately 'special' treatment under the tax code that allows them to do this.

Do you not really, in any way at all, CARE that this happened?
That the unemployment rate is persistent, and even if people DID find work, it is largely part-time....?
That the "unemployment" numbers are rigged to only include those people "applying" for 'unemployment benefits', and does NOT include the workers who have given up entirely, or who are now working two (or more) part-time jobs but STILL not able to make ends meet?

edit on 9/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: greencmp

Who is the real criminal here? Is it not the federal government?

Point well taken; but there's plenty of blame to go around. Let's not deny the corporate oligarchs the credit they deserve for destroying our economy. Many of those CEOs and their upper management belong in prison for right alongside the fed critters who aided and abetted their crimes....

I am certainly not absolving the cronies who accepted the illicit booty.

These companies should have folded up and their assets, physical and intellectual, would now be nourishing better companies and, maybe even entrepreneurs. Instead, we have a president who lauds this act of legal plunder which served only to concentrate power when the opposite was indicated even so far as to take credit for it though, he shares that dishonor with Bush, their predecessors and both houses of Congress.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

we are living in a tyranny. it's being run by a bunch of thieves.

Yes, and yes.

they claim the right to do all kinds of awful things to us, for no reason at all.
Well, there's a reason, though - they get richer and no one holds them accountable.

they no longer need to prove anything to arrest and incarcerate you or even kill you.

that's a bit of a stretch.....

they force most people that are in prison, into the prison system via plea bargaining and then make those people into slaves for corporations.

No argument from me on that point. The prison system is diabolocial.

do you know what plea bargaining is?

Oh my, did you really ask me this in earnest???

Yes, undo, I know what plea-bargaining is. Please don't talk down to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

what he's saying is the globalists set us up. they encouraged the rise of unions who took it too far (and encouraged that as well), then got laws passed that allowed them to expand this # globally. younger, less well established corporations that were under too much financial pressure to compete with the globalists, abandoned the ship as well. the unions are vanishing because they have served the globalist purpose. and what is that? to bankrupt the whole world and force us all into global communism (not the good kind either, not the text book kind of communism, but the kind that has killed more people than any other form of government in history).

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

neo.....after 2008, millions of people (TENS of millions of American citizens) lost their jobs, lost their homes, lost their 401ks, lost all of their savings.

Most of which has recovered. Hell that is what Wall Street does.

It goes up, and it goes down.

Home prices have recovered somewhat, but then again ALL of that was suppose to change with 'Mr. Hope, and Change'.

So Sanders is basically saying the current administration has been an EPIC failure.

But the rest of us continue to suffer. The CEOs hide their assets off-shore.

Again that isn't true, and Sanders would have known that if he actually bothered reading Frank Dodd, and the FACTA.

www.forbes.com...

Sanders has not uttered one word of truth.

What he is doing is playing to peoples ALREADY preconceived notions, and the REALITY be damned.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

We've all known about that for years and years. Its not a 'bombshell revelation' like if Kim Kardashian has a large derriere and on and on......

Tax reform.

edit on 9/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Metallicus
How many jobs do these companies provide? How many families rely on these jobs? How much do those employed by these companies pay in taxes? These companies provide a benefit to the economy and the people and families employed and supported by them. Our Federal Government can't say that.

Actually the Federal Government is one of the largest employers in the nation. So yes the Federal Government can say that.

The United States tax payer is one of the largest employers last I checked. Government is not a for profit business.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Okay. Well, I'm clearly nowhere near your league of savvy.
That's really about all there is to say between us, I guess. I gave it my best shot to understand you.

I read all of your posts when they appear in threads in which I am invested or involved....it's just - your opinions (and posts) are simply not sticking the landing for me...your rhetoric is just not, to my mind, realistic. It's conspiracy theory stuff, and more often than not comes across as histrionic.

I'd be more than happy to have a handle on your deepest beliefs, neo. But in the years I've been here, regardless of how I try, I just can't take your posts seriously. They're too - well, out there - and sensationalist.

If you could please "dumb it down" for me, it might help.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
have you noticed all the divide and conquer themes? that's the kinda crap they have been running against foreign governments and now they are trying to bring it on home. they literally, do not care about us. that's all pretense. if they did, they wouldn't be using our taxes to dominate other countries but instead apply them for what they claimed they were for: helping minorities, the infirm and the elderly, the upkeep of our roads and public services

instead, we get blamed when there's not enough to go around. we have already as a nation, paid them so much money in taxes, every minority could have a beautiful home, the best food, a nice car and streets paved in gold. instead, they are suffering, deliberately abused to keep up the cycle, and then their resultant emotional trauma is blamed on some little old man sitting on a park bench with holes in his shoes and dog food for dinner.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Most of which has recovered. Hell that is what Wall Street does.

Umm,,,..... no.
The RICH PEOPLE have recovered their assets and then some. The REGULAR PEOPLE have not.
We are still hurting.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We've all known about that for years and years. Its not a 'bombshell revelation' like if Kim Kardashian has a large derriere and on on......

Tax reform.

When Apple stock dropped a week or so ago, people acknowledged that they have almost $2 billion in off-shore accounts in CASH...what is their tax bill?

It's a corporation so I guess I shouldn't be nasty against another person.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join