It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats On Abortion Providers Spike In Wake Of Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe it's just people who lost power in the old relationship dynamics retaliating to try and gain back some power over women's bodies?

Still doesn't explain the participation by the women themselves in trying to control these women's lives though. Many of the people attacking these places are female.

Wonder what the change was between 70's and now. People used to support a woman's access to safe abortion.

I'm thinking it's just been a really successful campaign of guilt and threat of hellfire as usual. You can't drive five blocks without another billboard condemning you to hell for women having the right to "choose".
edit on 4-9-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

University of Pennsylvania political science professor James Piazza has studied the predictors of extreme rightwing violence, including against abortion clinics, in a study surveying 1970 to 2011. He believes there are several factors that could aggravate extremists, other than the videos. Among them are female workforce participation and a Democrat in the White House – signs that he believes point to political frustration.

www.theguardian.com...

so women working somehow causes extremists to want to blow up abortion clinics? interesting.......

I thought so too. I think the professor has been hitting the hash pipe too hard. Don't think it matters who is in the white house or the gender of the workers in the clinics. Abortion extremists will still do this. Plus the last major person I remember being gunned down was a man named tiller. But whatever theory blows your hair back

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
it seems to me that what he is saying is that women, in the workforce- the offices, the factories, the stores, ect, well, they are part of the problem in that they are causing men frustration and they then react thinking that if the women would just have kids, they would be out of their workplace and their job would be safer...
but maybe I am reading too much into it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ya know, it doesn't help when the gov't officials are editing and mincing the reports either....

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott's office scrubbed a press release written by his own regulators that found there was no "mishandling of fetal remains" at clinics run by Planned Parenthood and, at the same time, said it would refer doctors who worked at those clinics to the state Board of Medicine for possible disciplinary action.
www.capitalnewyork.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Ozsheeple

What affords the unborn those rights? I would like to know the source of those rights if they exist.

Well we're forced to accept that mexicans are people...turn about is fair play right? Lol

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I remember this from YouTube. They "used" to put babies in their drinks and we'd drink it. Almost as a preservative.
I will say simple words.
It was the mother's choice. Who is the person responsible for this choice? The mother. Who decided to have sex without a condom? The mother. Who can give life and also take it? The mother. Doesn't the mother also have to sign some legal papers to go through the process? There might be a fine print and she overlooked it but what can she do?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah but no one knows who you really are where you live/work so you're safe.

This story reminds me of the so called "Tiller the baby killer". O'reily loved to preached that on his Fox show so much so that someone actually killed the doctor.

edit on 4-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So some death threats are more "death-threatening" than others.

Okay.

I can get behind that.

We'll just arrest those that threaten abortion clinics, but give a pass (and call it free speech) to those that want cops dead.

To those that wanted me dead for not having a leftist opinion on different topics, I never worried too much, though I found it annoying.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Reallyfolks
it seems to me that what he is saying is that women, in the workforce- the offices, the factories, the stores, ect, well, they are part of the problem in that they are causing men frustration and they then react thinking that if the women would just have kids, they would be out of their workplace and their job would be safer...
but maybe I am reading too much into it.

Maybe but if his theory were even remotely true I believe the threats from these people would be directed in a much different manner than the clinics. Again I think the guy hit the hash pipe too many times but whatever theory he likes.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

My point is, everyone knows where to find these PP employees while nobody on this message board knows who you are, where you live, or where you work. Your totally safe from any yahoo U2Uing death threats. In sure you reported those members who threatened and they were banned.

It's literally illegal to make death threats so whoever is threatening whom by all means call the cops.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I always imagined hell as waking up from a night of heavy drinking only to find yourself sandwiched in between the reverend Al Sharpton and Ann Coulter after a horrible threesome gone wrong.

Only to find them arguing loudly with one another as your cheap bourbon headache comes back for a vengeance.

Might have to add Bill O'Reilly to that.

What an annoying instigator.

eople that yell over others in arguments are the lowest denominator in my opinion. They deliberately create a scenario where the other party can only get a "no" or "yes" in to their barrage of statements, forcing the other party to "agree" to something because they aren't actually allowed to speak and are being buried under the other person's "yelling".

What an asshole.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

My point is, everyone knows where to find these PP employees while nobody on this message board knows who you are, where you live, or where you work. Your totally safe from any yahoo U2Uing death threats. In sure you reported those members who threatened and they were banned.

It's literally illegal to make death threats so whoever is threatening whom by all means call the cops.

Do you think it's illegal to call for cops to die as well?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Or make sure your t' s are crossed I's are dotted, sights are aligned, and don't call the cops. Which ever someone prefers.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Abortion is legal. It's been that way since 1973

Slavery used to be legal. Gay marriage used to be illegal. Can something be legal and morally wrong? Do attitudes and laws change?

V

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

What a woman does with her own body is between her and her doctor.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
Evangelical Death Threats Against Planned Parenthood Are On The Rise

Is there any actual rock solid proof that the few "incidents" are coming from known "Evangelical" groups?

The article seems to elude from that.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Ozsheeple

What affords the unborn those rights? I would like to know the source of those rights if they exist.

Well we're forced to accept that mexicans are people...turn about is fair play right? Lol

You are forced to accept that Mexicans are people? No one is forcing me to accept that Mexicans are people. I accept that they are people naturally and without question. If you are being forced to accept this then you are probably a racist.

Though, honestly, no one is forcing you to accept anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Abortion is legal. It's been that way since 1973

Slavery used to be legal. Gay marriage used to be illegal. Can something be legal and morally wrong? Do attitudes and laws change?

V

But this issue isn't ABOUT the legality of abortion. It's about Planned Parenthood supposedly breaking the law. Though the pro-life crowd likes to conflate the two issues into one overarching issue that just shows that they don't really care about whether or not PP broke any laws. They really just want to attack abortion. Posts like yours are proof of that, otherwise we'd still be talking about Planned Parenthood or CMP and not about the morality of abortion (which is a red herring).
edit on 4-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Is it illegal to say all cops should die? If it were some rap artists would have been behind bars.

Is it illegal to target a specific cop and make death threats? What do you think?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join