It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 Antelopes Died in 4 Days — And No One Knows Why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Weapons test?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Cause it's ... stupid? or would you prefer ignorant?

I mean, seriously... you try to bring reason to this issue over and over and over again, and people choose not to listen just cause...

This site is a trip.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I mean, seriously... you try to bring reason to this issue over and over and over again, and people choose not to listen just cause...
This site is a trip.

Everyday scientists find something new.. they realize a mistake.. understanding things differently on a daily level is how we evolve.

I'm amazed at how arrogant humans are.. we believe we know everything about everything. What degree in radioactive aspect do you have? Which scientist to you know intimately to be telling the truth?

I'm concerned at how gullible and naive people are too - so eager to take their governments words for things. They cant even come to an agreement on climate change, yet we believe how ''non-serious'' Fukushima is?

News flash, we have no technology capable of cleaning up Fukushima. Every day it gets lower and lower into the water table while flushing tonnes and tonnes of radioactive water into the ocean and we still have no idea how to fix it.

So yes, go for it - be my guest.. Be as ignorant as you wish and pretend like Fukushima isnt an issue and isnt changing things in the environment.

(post by pl3bscheese removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So you lied right here. We have the tech

what tech do we have that will go and clean up the radioactive slurry at the bottom of the reactor, mate?

edit on pm1010308032015-09-03T22:10:58-05:00102015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Ask Arnie Gunerson. You can probably email him and get a response. Seems like a decent fellow. Profusion made a thread where I tried to bring some reason, she had some decent points, and some way over the top ones. Here's a video from that thread.

Look about the 3min mark. Arnie mentions how the current "solution" is doomed to fail, yet the tech exists. Meh, I think Japa will have to wisen up eventually. It's as easy as, intelligent people see potential for solutions in problems, and wackos stick to absolute nonsense. Don't be a wacko. We're a clever species, and more minds now than ever. We keep "beating the odds" cause we're just that damned clever... keep your chill, bro.

Here's a quick vid I found claiming to have some new tech solutions as well.

All those bleeding hearts, and entrepreneur's out there, and you don't think we're gonna figure something out? Gotta have a bit more spirit in the species! Just astounding how far we've come this century alone with dazzling new technologies!

Yes governments lie, no there's not enough radiation to kill everyone, and it makes no damned sense for radiation floating in the atmosphere several years ago to be killing off 60k right now just cause. Do I have to go through exactly how nonsensical that is... really?

Chill.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I dont think any of what your saying makes sense

'' their solution is doomed to fail, yet we have the tech ''
so... do we have the tech to beat this or we don't? if we have the tech why are we ''doomed to failure''
why has no one stepped forward with the tech? whats Russia/Ukraine doing building a new sarcophagis is we have the tech?
even your Gunderson scientist says the fairy tail of cleaning this mess up in 30yrs is purely political and nothing to do with science.
Get that? : There's no scientific way for us to clean this mess up in 30yrs.. this is what I'm saying - we don't have the tech to clean up!

Also, Gunderson makes some pretty specific statements about Fukushima which make me think this isn't just something minor

The plant, Gundersen said, "is leaking into the Pacific Ocean extensively" and that thyroid cancers, deformed fish and radioactive animals were being discovered.[20] Gundersen suggested that the contamination could be contained by building a two metre thick Zeolite wall around the reactors, which would absorb the cesium.[9]
In early October 2013, Gundersen stated that due to newly discovered leaks and impending tropical storms, the potential existed for a release of radiation 15,000 times that of Hiroshima.[8]

He also explains

no one knows where the 3 melted cores are but its definitely in contact with the ocean

I never said there is enough radiation to kill everyone, i simply responded to your flippant remark t:

as being totally ignorant/arrogant you take your pick. Even your scientist says

''plutonium, strontium and cesium will bleed into the ocean for decades''

you know how bad that is right?

ps - no need to be a jerk either. if you cant debate a topic like a mature adult maybe you should go to GLP or something. I was after a good chat about it, not a girly hairsplitting fight, Bro!
edit on pm1041308032015-09-03T22:41:58-05:00102015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
hold up
edit on 3-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

your posts are right on...
i have been following this from the beginning.
people dont want to see...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I dont think any of what your saying makes sense

I know. You can't make sense of it. That's okay. There is sense in it.

'' their solution is doomed to fail, yet we have the tech ''
so... do we have the tech to beat this or we don't? if we have the tech why are we ''doomed to failure''
why has no one stepped forward with the tech? whats Russia/Ukraine doing building a new sarcophagis is we have the tech?

Who is "we"? Do you realize there are many players in this world? Japan's Tokyo power plant corporation is not responding to proposals to implement the tech available. The video makes this very clear. It's about monies, at least that's Arnie's take. What does Russia have to do with this? You're lumping things together in a very bizarre way.

even your Gunderson scientist says the fairy tail of cleaning this mess up in 30yrs is purely political and nothing to do with science.
Get that? : There's no scientific way for us to clean this mess up in 30yrs.. this is what I'm saying - we don't have the tech to clean up!

Woa woa woa! Please tell me you realize what you just did there. You first said it's political and not about the science, then try to say this proves there is no tech available. That's incredibly illogical! You can't think this way, can you?

Also, Gunderson makes some pretty specific statements about Fukushima which make me think this isn't just something minor

The plant, Gundersen said, "is leaking into the Pacific Ocean extensively" and that thyroid cancers, deformed fish and radioactive animals were being discovered.[20] Gundersen suggested that the contamination could be contained by building a two metre thick Zeolite wall around the reactors, which would absorb the cesium.[9]
In early October 2013, Gundersen stated that due to newly discovered leaks and impending tropical storms, the potential existed for a release of radiation 15,000 times that of Hiroshima.[8]

I question his figures there. The calculations I came up with a few years back don't seem to match that estimate.

He also explains

no one knows where the 3 melted cores are but its definitely in contact with the ocean

I never said there is enough radiation to kill everyone, i simply responded to your flippant remark t:

as being totally ignorant/arrogant you take your pick. Even your scientist says

''plutonium, strontium and cesium will bleed into the ocean for decades''

you know how bad that is right?

I do, but you don't seem to. I'd kindly ask you to show me where this leaking is showing up in significant amounts around the world. In a recent thread, I clearly showed that independent analysis (not government) showed 1-2 becarrels of cesium, if it even shows at all, per cubic meter along many areas of the world's oceans. Do you know what that does to the ocean's wildlife? You might want to look back on that thread, and educate yourself. Also check my recent posts for estimates on natural radioactivity in the world's oceans already present for some perspective.

ps - no need to be a jerk either. if you cant debate a topic like a mature adult maybe you should go to GLP or something. I was after a good chat about it, not a girly hairsplitting fight, Bro!

Such an unjerkly thing of you to say. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I question his figures there. The calculations I came up with a few years back don't seem to match that estimate.

Let me get this straight..

Arnold "Arnie" Gundersen (born 4 January 1949 in Elizabeth, New Jersey[1]) is a former nuclear industry executive, and engineer with more than 44 years of nuclear industry experience who became a whistleblower in 1990. Gundersen has written dozens of expert reports for nongovernment organizations and the state of Vermont.[2] His curriculum vitae [3] shows Gundersen is a licensed Critical Facility Reactor Operator from 1971-1972.[4]

You question his figures on Fukushima, because your calculations don't match?

Wow, that's a whole new level of something - excuse me if i eject myself from this conversation.

@autopat - thanks! good to see people appreciate this is a bigger problem than some want to believe.

edit on pm1112308032015-09-03T23:12:48-05:00112015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Understood, you have lost like all the rest, and choose to not address the points brought up.

It's okay.

I would suggest anyone who actually cares about this issue and is concerned that there might not be a solution contact this esteemed Mr Gunderson their selves. His email should be easy to acquire.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
It's those damn Sasquatch!!

Don't talk about Sasquatches like that! They have nothing to do with that. They mind their own business.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

This is very disturbing:

This reminds me of those incidents here in the U.S. where a mass of birds just fell out of the sky for no apparent reason. Almost like they were zapped or flew into an invisibe barrier.
Scientists who have examined the carcasses and blood samples did not find anything peculiar. My theory is something technological. Like some type of radiation or sound wave. But why target these innocent animals is my question?

edit on KThu, 03 Sep 2015 23:34:25 -0500pm3020152540 by Kratos40 because: forgot a word

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Here's another interesting fact for some perspective... wonder why I still bother *sigh*

.1 PBq of cesium-137 was released from the Hiroshima bomb.

1,500 PBq of cesium-137 was released into the atmosphere by above ground nuke testing.

Chernobyl released about 89PBq of cesium-137

Funny that Gunderson's figure is the exact same as the second fact above.

Link

I guess it's worth mentioning there's thousands of times the amount of radiation already in the oceans from uranium alone.

Link

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

It sure is, imagine living in an area like that, waking up and seeing that out of your front window. I might panic. I forget who brought it up but they had a simple yet good theory. El Nino, perhaps the warming weather affected this microbe in some shape or form causing it to "mutate" into something much stronger. Or like someone else said, It could be nature balancing itself. Nature balancing itself has been proven to happen. I don't think it's ever occurred this fast though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join