It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man walks free after alleged rape leaves 2-year-old girl in pool of blood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

sanangelolive.com...

sorry for my crude links.

Even the local Rape Crisis Center joined in on the protest of this man. You can read the comment sections... it is pretty much 1 note.. he will never be ok in the community but that doesn't make their choice for a slap on the wrist any better.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Having listened to as much of the report as I could stomach, I have to say, that people like this...disease on legs, make me want to forget everything I ever knew about restraint and proportionality, and just find them all and butcher them, stake them out in the street, nail gun the bastards to trees and telegraph poles as a message to everyone and everything, that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated, and that those who partake in it, will suffer before they die, and cannot escape that fate.

However, what makes me equally angry, is that the DA allowed the man to plead out. The fact of the matter is, that the sort of offender who does this sort of crime, is not the sort of person who benefits from being let off with probation. The sort of offender who victimises a defenceless child, is the sort who needs to be locked away for as long as the law can possibly allow for. I hear the reasoning that the DA used, but the fact of the matter is, that the reasoning is flawed. Victims do not need to grow up knowing that the people who have caused them harm are still at large, and not even being traced by the sexual offenders register. That is a travesty.

If we cannot kill these bastards, then the least we can do is keep them away from those they prey upon. For the love of all that is decent and wholesome, can we not, as a species, learn how to keep the animals amongst us away from children?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is a messed up situation, and I am as mad as anyone. What makes this "plea deal" even worse is he was not placed on Probation, per se, but actually received "deferred adjudication. IF he should complete his 10 years without violating any terms given him, his case would be dropped, with no criminal offense on his record.

The offense he plead guilty to is a 3G offense, meaning it is especially heinous. Since he plead guilty, the judge cannot give community supervision (probation) as the sentence, but can impose deferred adjudication along with other sanctions. He was fined and given community service as well.

On the other hand, should he violate any of the terms laid down by the judge, the DA may file for revocation, and if accepted by the judge, he could be sentenced to the full term the offense carries. Up to 99 years in prison, of which he must serve at least half, before being considered eligible for parole. And no, it is not double jeopardy, it is part of the criminal code of procedure in Texas, and has been used many times with no backlash.

Now if someone could convince him to go out and do a break in or other crime, case closed.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Given all that, this could potentially be a master stroke by the DA. The guy has already pled guilty to the charge. Given his behavior just on the night of the incident, he seems to have a bit of a drinking problem and other behavioral issues.

I doubt he makes it 10 years without crossing any lines, and at that point he gets revoked and the hammer drops.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly. Not the outcome some want, but in the long run, it could mean some serious time for this germ. I doubt he will make it either. Please, please screw up!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If he's plead guilty to the crime what the heck was the plea? Must have been something rather impressive for the DA not to slam him in jail, child rape wins look good on the ol' resume.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

That's when you go take a walk to the park, or a local arboretum. As you walk around, watch parents who love their kids playing and laughing with them.

...and just remember, 99.99999%+ love their kids more than life itself, and would never hurt, or allow them to be hurt.

Stories like this horrify, terrify, and anger us. They should. But don't allow it to hide the fact that most, the vast, vast majority are just like you, and me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Women... PLEASE quit bringing your "boyfriends" around your children. PLEASE.

This happens far too often. Many walk, some don't. Love your children enough to not bring every Tom, Dick, and Harry around them. I understand sometimes things happen with folks we never imagined would do things like this but it happens all too frequently because mom just wants her boyfriend around.

This makes me sick and sad and angry.

Why not place the blame where it should be placed? Do you advocate keeping children away from church because a Priest molest them? Stay out of school because a teacher molests them? Kick them out of the home because a sibling molests them?

Stop blaming women for what men do. It is disgusting.

I notice that you did not say "dads stop abandoning your children it allows strange men to molest them".
edit on 2-9-2015 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is a "local town" for me (within a 2 hour drive). My son was born in this town. I visit the Starbucks there every time I drive there, and have eaten at the McDonalds on the north end of town more times than I can count. I cannot imagine there will not be social justice meted out.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good.

I hope his friends skip the backslapping for avoiding prison and...do other stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

With this happening in Texas, I'm just glad the girl was not raped.
If she was and had become pregnant, she would have to carry the baby to term and possibly die during it's birth.

Yes, some laws just make no sense at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Dude, Tinymind, She was two years old. Read the article and say she wasn't raped.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

Dude, Tinymind, She was two years old. Read the article and say she wasn't raped.

DUDE! I did read the article.

I am also aware of the laws in Texas which would cover the case of a pregnantcy even as a result of rape and incest.
This is the point I was making.
Even a child could be "raped" twice under the laws as they now stand. The fact of her being a baby herself, does not sway the enforcement of the law.
Something needs to change
edit on 2-9-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

While I agree Texas abortion laws are abysmal(I love that word today), that is off-topic.

Also a two year old cannot get pregnant.

Youngest reported I think was five.

Not that it's any better.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

This happens far too often. Many walk, some don't. Love your children enough to not bring every Tom, Dick, and Harry around them. I understand sometimes things happen with folks we never imagined would do things like this but it happens all too frequently because mom just wants her boyfriend around.

Why not place the blame where it should be placed? Do you advocate keeping children away from church because a Priest molest them? Stay out of school because a teacher molests them? Kick them out of the home because a sibling molests them?

I notice that you did not say "dads stop abandoning your children it allows strange men to molest them".

What's disgusting is a society that no longer feels like it is a parent's duty to keep their child from harm. I place blame on the man, but I also place it on the mother. Go back and read the article and listen how this mother said this man acted.., then come here and proudly state that this is the way you would raise your children.

Be for real. They share the blame. So far children do not belong to the communities or government. Until they do it is up to you to try and protect them the best you can. That does not include having a drunk, abusive man around your children. He should have never seen the light of day again. But the mother saw behavior of abuse and while not sexual, her children should not have been living with it period.

Get real angry about who should shoulder all of the blame here. Ignoring all involved is making sure that it keeps happening. And this wasn't a story about a man who had another man/woman shacked up with him who abused his children. If it were my sentiments would have been the exact same on his end.
edit on 9/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'm so sorry for that little girl...

This is just heartbreaking I don't have anything to say.

This is horrible.

Super max prisons were created for warped people like this.

That child is never going to be the same because of that psychopath.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

What's disgusting is a society that no longer feels like it is a parent's duty to keep their child from harm. I place blame on the man, but I also place it on the mother. Go back and read the article and listen how this mother said this man acted.., then come here and proudly state that this is the way you would raise your children.

Be for real. They share the blame. So far children do not belong to the communities or government. Until they do it is up to you to try and protect them the best you can. That does not include having a drunk, abusive man around your children. He should have never seen the light of day again. But the mother saw behavior of abuse and while not sexual, her children should not have been living with it period.

Get real angry about who should shoulder all of the blame here. Ignoring all involved is making sure that it keeps happening.

Still, you show only disdain for the mother. Where is the disdain for fathers who abandon their children?

If she knew that her child was being abused then I agree.
You make a blanket statement that when boyfriends molest children then the mother has to carry blame. Why do the father's of these children carry no blame?

I have no idea what your point is about government involvement...I guess it is a rant and I will pass on replying to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Absolutely she bears some blame.

I've always thought it was up to the parents to protect their kids... Mine sure as hell did. When did this change?

I'd kill, even die, to protect the kids in my life. ...and I watch the people around them like a hawk.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
From what I understand this is deferred adjudication probation. If he violates his probation and a judge revokes his probation he can be put in prison for the full duration of the prison sentence with NO credit for the time on probation.

I would imagine the judge in this case is going to require the strictest probation terms possible. I would also think the Police and probation officer are going to keep a very close eye on him.

One small infraction and the probation officer can violate him and a Judge can revoke and impose the entire prison sentence.

I am thinking his freedom is going to be short lived, as probation terms can be quite strict and it can almost guaranteed that this POS will violate his probation somehow. Just one small violation is all that is needed to get the ball rolling and I doubt any judge would be lenient as the burden of proof is quite different when it comes to probation.

I would not doubt he will have police officers following him everywhere...Tail light out?? Police contact...you get the picture.

We can hope

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spav5

Only disdain for the mother? Can you read?

I have disdain for everyone in this child's life that failed them. Obviously you want to only blame the man. That's fine. That seems to be the SJW code.

As for the father? Was the child at the father's house? Was the father key in putting this other man in his child's life? Do you know that he left her? Did she kick him out and not allow him to see his child because he wasn't paying monthly ransom to do so? Is he even still alive to blame? Does he even know he has a child?

If he's dead I suppose we can just blame him for being so selfish...

I'll tell you what. I'll blame who I've been blaming the whole time. You blame who you blame and that will likely cover most everyone in the circle that needs the blame.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join