It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk vaporizers. types? accessories? etc

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver $5 for 200 strips of japanese cotton, each strip will wick 5-10 coils. $5 for 30 feet of Kanthal wire (about an inch of which is used per coil) This is a bi-annual purchase at most, but I anticipate at least a decade out of my 30 foot bundle.
$10 a week for ejuice, down to $1 a week for ejuice if you make your own.

How exactly does that match $10 a day for smoking cigarettes? I have dyscalculia and I can see that it's cheaper. What's your excuse?

edit on 29/8/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/8/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Mugly

You will always have to buy coils and cotton. This is def not cheaper than smoking. Lol. The devices you are using are pretty simple. When the coil or the wick wears out, you just replace that whole unit.

The RDA style is also a lot of work and you need a working knowledge of ohms law to build your coils properly, which scares most people off.

i think it is cheaper. i didnt know i had to replace coils and such but i looked at the eleaf coils and they are like 4 bucks. the starter kit is 70.
even if i had to buy a couple coils a week and a couple 10ml bottles of juice, it is cheaper.
i was spending like 40 a week on smokes.

cant see spending 40 a week on juice and coils/cotton

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You will always have to buy coils and cotton. This is def not cheaper than smoking. Lol. The devices you are using are pretty simple. When the coil or the wick wears out, you just replace that whole unit.

The RDA style is also a lot of work and you need a working knowledge of ohms law to build your coils properly, which scares most people off.

i think it is cheaper. i didnt know i had to replace coils and such but i looked at the eleaf coils and they are like 4 bucks. the starter kit is 70.
even if i had to buy a couple coils a week and a couple 10ml bottles of juice, it is cheaper.
i was spending like 40 a week on smokes.

cant see spending 40 a week on juice and coils/cotton

I spend a grand total of about $15 a week and thats vaping 10ml every three days. The kits and prebuilt coils are usually pretty low end, and also extremely expensive. It's worth investing in any tank with an rba, my favorite of which is probably the kanger subtank mini. It'll pay for itself in 2 weeks, even when comparing with other ecigs.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you're happy to wait a few weeks for delivery, it's worth checking out Fast Tech.

Their ego T batteries, generic clearomizers & USB chargers are as good as gold.

They're also as cheap as hell... I buy 10 from them for the same price as 1 over here (UK).

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

what is an rba?
like the eleaf kit?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

No, your right. If you do what you're doing it can be very cheap, but if you spend any time in a vape store, you'll see people spending $20 for a 30ml bottle and paying $10 for the cashier to build their coils. I am a DIY'er as well. People without the knowledge will over spend. When i get done with work today, i'll post some cheap spots to source materials.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I started with a starter kit. But because i work in an under ground mine, it would fall out of my pocket and get beat up. About 3 weeks in i bought a kanger tech battery, an emow tank and use the 2.0 wicks. Great little set up. Use it every day with out any issues. I go hard on it and the battery lasts about 8 hours.
One thing i have noticed tough is every morning i wake up a cough up damn near black phlem. Dont know if thats a product of the vape flavours or if its something else, possibly serious. I wake up every morning with an almost arthritic feeling back. Cant move properly for at least 2'hours after waking. I think it started about a month after begining to vape a year ago. Damn well scared to goto the dr's

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I started with a starter kit. But because i work in an under ground mine, it would fall out of my pocket and get beat up. About 3 weeks in i bought a kanger tech battery, an emow tank and use the 2.0 wicks. Great little set up. Use it every day with out any issues. I go hard on it and the battery lasts about 8 hours.
One thing i have noticed tough is every morning i wake up a cough up damn near black phlem. Dont know if thats a product of the vape flavours or if its something else, possibly serious. I wake up every morning with an almost arthritic feeling back. Cant move properly for at least 2'hours after waking. I think it started about a month after begining to vape a year ago. Damn well scared to goto the dr's

yeah. the black phlem is definitely from the vaporizer.
nothing to do with spending hours a day in an under ground mine

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would recommend getting a box mod if this is something you're going to do everyday to replace smoking. A good box will run between $50 and $100 usually. They usually use two batteries and will last all day. Also a coil building kit is nice if you're not using a tank. Coils are pretty easy to build and actually kind of fun if you like that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

thats what im leaning towards.
i really like that provari but i dont have a lot of patience and i dont know about dropping 139 bucks.
the smoke shop in town has tons of #. i was there today but didnt really get a chance to look. i only bought some juice.
i know they have the box style and i called them an hour ago just before they closed and they said they carry the eleaf brand as well as a lot of others.
they open at 10 so i am going to cruise up there tomorrow.
i have a ton of juice so i can probably get away with dropping 70 or so. thats about half as much as the provari.

also, what is the deal with the cotton? every site i look at advertises japanese cotton. someone in this thread mentioned japanese cotton.
what is so special about that? i know it is all cheap but i am curious

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You want unbleached organic cotton. Not the stuff in balls they sell at walmart. I have Japanese and Egyptian. I prefer Egyptian.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Japanese cotton is all organic and it's the best to use, us builders recommend it.

I also build my own coils and don't spend anywhere close to what I did on cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Also, unless you want big clouds, you don't need anything over 70-80 watts. My box does 200 watts but I keep it at 70 for everyday use. Find a good box, a good rta or rda ( rebuidable drip atomizer or rebuidable tank atomizer ) and a good set of batteries and you'll be good to go.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Also, unless you want big clouds, you don't need anything over 70-80 watts. My box does 200 watts but I keep it at 70 for everyday use. Find a good box, a good rta or rda ( rebuidable drip atomizer or rebuidable tank atomizer ) and a good set of batteries and you'll be good to go.

can you look at this and tell me if this is everything i need?

i dont care about big clouds and big rips. i dont hit it hard at all. the 35 dollar pen type i am using now hits hard enough. i just want better quality.

i dont know anything about this and i just want to open the box, put it together and go.

www.eleafus.com...

^^^the local shop sells this brand but if it is cheaper online i will get it through this link. again, not worried about the watts. i just want to know if this is a complete set.
i think it is but the wording is confusing.

i dont think that comes with the batteries

then this one

www.eleafus.com...

says

includes istick battery(without cell)
sony vtc4 battery

i think that is the whole deal

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
another big choice is with the atomizers.
the eleaf atomizers are 14 bucks but the kit is cheaper up front.

the provari is more up front but the atomizer is cheaper.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That all looks good except the sony batteries. From what I understand Sony no longer makes those batteries so beware of fakes

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
CLRD 18650 35amp batteries are the best I've come across. I recommend them to anyone with a box mod

With the yellow wrap
edit on 29-8-2015 by Toolman18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
running a mutation x atomizer and mutatin x mod normaly use mxjo 18650s 35a with are samsung r25

www.amazon.com...

there are not many batt makers out there most are rewraped i always cut the wrapper of and rewrap them clear so i know my exact bat

also own some athentic vtc4s if you can find them nothing tops sony vtc4/vtc5 but most are fake

i run a .08 ohm coil on flavorless 24 mg juice

beware of fake batts if ur subohming or uceing any rda the results are explosive if u got a fake and push the amps

oh and dont forget ur charger the cheap ones are grate to start campfires

i recomend Nitecore
www.amazon.com...=pd_bxgy_23_img_y
edit on 29-8-2015 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
That all looks good except the sony batteries. From what I understand Sony no longer makes those batteries so beware of fakes

cool. thanks
the batteries shouldnt be a biggie right. even if it comes with the sony and they dont make them anymore i should be able to get some use out of them.
they dont have to replaced with sony....
the link markovian gave looks ok

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The links I posted where mainly for reference amazon will refund all fakes but illumination supply garentees no fakes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join