It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexual Rights Now Infringing On Christian Rights ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Christians don't shouldn't have any rights

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

It is NOT a belief system, one does not "Believe" they are Homosexual...

Just for fun, based on your Unbiased opinion, are you willing to admit you are Bisexual and have the ability to have a sexual relationship with the same sex?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Caterers provide meals, and if they have a specific written menu that they do not vary from for anyone, then yes they may refuse and be non-discriminatory. However if they personalize menus for clients or allow a variance from the preset menus then they must provide pork (regardless of their religious beliefs) if requested or be fined and penalized for discrimination.

Not unless they ALREADY provide pork to other people. This "specific written menu" stuff is in your imagination. A business person is allowed to decide what they provide to the public. If they don't want to serve pork, they don't have to. Discrimination isn't about the PRODUCT, it's about the CUSTOMER. You cannot force a business owner to decorate a cake with something he finds offensive (product) . Some states laws DO force a business owners to serve to a Jew, as well as to a gay person (the customer).

However, if the baker does personalized decorations of any kind or routinely varies from the "book" decorations, then the baker must by law under penalty of being heavily fined, make anti-gay or dead baby decorations, because it would be discriminatory not to do so. Same for florists.

As regards US law, you couldn't be more wrong. You clearly don't know the law. It's useless to talk with you about that.

But keep in mind, this is in Calgary, CANADA, you know... all those nasty progressives.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just to keep the conversation going, what if the Bus had a cross on it, and the person wasn't Religious, or practiced another Religion, would you feel the same?

what about People who work in business Like Hobby Lobby, or other business that are outspoken in their beliefs, should they have to change to fit the person?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In this case if anyone is violating this man's "religious freedoms" - it's this man himself. His behavior is entirely and absolutely antithetical to the teachings of Christ - who painstakingly taught the lesson of non-judgment... who upset his followers, at times, by insisting on spending time with sinners, lepers and the people that society had judged and cast out.

Thus this individual is using religion as a smokescreen and scapegoat for his own bigoted views. That's between him and God. I'm thinking he's probably going to be surprised come the day he faces his maker, though.

A lot of people will be IMO.

Ignoring the religious specifics... Isn't this the same argument that enabled Jim Crow? The "It's not right that I should have to associate with them garbage? The "I have a right to choose who I mix with in public!" nonsense.

While he absolutely has a right not to choose to have homosexual sex himself, he has no right at all to treat others as second class citizens based upon his own opinions. He does, however, have the right to express his views and to make a stand over them.

Just as him employer has every right to terminate his employment should he choose to do so. Their freedom of expression is equal to his.

edit on 8/29/15 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Homosexuality is a belief system.

Did .... did you really just type this?

OMG
No, it is not.
It is an inborn trait.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If you say "Progressive" Three times, one shows up and Turns you into a GLBTQ+, takes away your religion and forces you into baking Gakes...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm not making a judgement here. Really.

Oh, PLEASE!!! The twisted machinations you go though to make your position sound reasonable are laughable! Homosexuality is NOT a belief system, any more than left-handedness is!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The compagnie could avoid so much question in simply changing the driver. And why not just put a homosexual drivers? I'm sure they got some and that could be fun for the new driver to!
edit on 29-8-2015 by PersonneX because: su -> so

edit on 29-8-2015 by PersonneX because: changin -> changing

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If this upsets the driver so much, then why doesn't the driver request another route?

Not all drivers will have their skin crawl when faced with a situation like this, but then again they are paid to drive a bus.

Either request a different route or shut up and drive.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt

Well, that kind of shoots to hell the whole concept of equal rights.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Personally, I would assign the poor persecuted Christian soul to another bus if I could, and not make a big deal out of it. But if I didn't have that option, it would be drive the bus, or find another job. I would expect the same treatment if I was hired to drive a bus, and the only bus they had for me to drive was a Church bus. I either drive it, or I find another job. That simple. Actually, I would probably enjoy being the devil that hauls your asses to church every week.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well, that kind of shoots to hell the whole concept of equal rights.

Agreed. Equal rights are right up there with the inquisition.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not making a judgement here. Really.

Oh, PLEASE!!! The twisted machinations you go though to make your position sound reasonable are laughable! Homosexuality is NOT a belief system, any more than left-handedness is!

It isn't? Thanks BH. My old man sure tried to convince me it was when I was growing up. Must be why I'm so ambidextrous today. I can drive that bus with either hand. lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Both hands on the steering wheel Klassified, both hands...

edit on 29-8-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

That doesn't even make sense. Of course everyone is entitled to their religious rights as long as it doesn't break the law, like discrimination.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I agree with this statement, in that "Christians" shouldn't have specialer rights than the rest of us. I mean, why can't an atheist be just as creeped out by a gay person as a religious person is? If we're going to legislate bigotry then we have to legislate bigotry for all people, not just Christians!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX
The compagnie could avoid so much question in simply changing the driver.

Actually, the company hasn't even asked him to drive a rainbow bus. THE DRIVER made this an issue. He says that IF he is requested to drive the bus with the rainbow, he will quit.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They should have the same rights as everyone else. Not special rights.

I think it's insanely humorous that just a year ago, people were complaining that gay people wanted "special rights" (to get married). They said that "No Group should have special rights"!!!

But now, that's all changed! It's the religious people who are demanding "special rights"! But where gay people wanted to get married (a right everyone else had), religious people want (and are getting) TRUE special rights. Rights that no one else has! Only the religious can use their "belief system" to refuse to do something like this. If I said I don't want to do something at work because of my beliefs, it wouldn't work, because it's not a RELIGIOUS belief. So, of course, special rights are now OK, AS LONG AS they are related to religion.

Hrmph! "Special rights"...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
If you say "Progressive" Three times, one shows up and Turns you into a GLBTQ+, takes away your religion and forces you into baking Gakes...

If they also redecorate my house while singing show tunes I may say it myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join