It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexual Rights Now Infringing On Christian Rights ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ever since the term 'marriage' was coined centuries upon centuries ago, Gay folk where never allowed the privilege of marriage, but the moment that gay folk are allowed to marry some pious folk say 'well what about us? where's our rights?'

It's hilarious.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I may show up personally....

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I agree with your "special rights" idea. I want to show this story that is about Sweden where a Swedish Nurse refuse to do abortions when it is mandated from the start when she gets the education that it is part of the job.

www.thelocal.se...

In Sweden abortion is a non issue so she had to get help from American Christian legal organization since the majority of people in Sweden are pro women's rights.
edit on 29-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

i agree with everything you said but i would put it different.
i say screw that dude.
thats about it.
so tired of the religious 'right' in this country whining about #

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
i say screw that dude.

Unless you also happen to be a dude. Then someone else will have an issue with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reassign the driver and stop turning a molehill into a mountain. the theatrics are completely unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If you cant do your job just quit, would jesus drive the bus, im sure he would.

Can someone find in the bible where it says a christian cant drive a rainbow coloured bus.
edit on 29-8-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

If everyone agrees that a caterer who is Muslim MUST cook and serve pork if requested by a non-Muslim, and Muslim taxi drivers can not refuse customers with alcohol

What are you going on about? A caterer can't be compelled to serve any particular kind of food. You're not even making sense. As for taxi drivers refusing to pick up people with alcohol, whose rights are being infringed upon or who is being discriminated against? If the taxi driver refused to pick up a person wearing a cross or a yarmulke or something you might have a point. You're not even trying to be reasonable.

If a Black caterer, baker, florist, photographers must serve a KKK event and can not refuse by penalty of law and fines

If a Jewish caterer, baker, florist, photographer must serve a Nazi event and can not refuse by penalty of law and fines

Firstly, the KKK isn't a race or ethnic group and Nazism isn't a religion. Secondly, what do you mean by "serve?" There's a HUGE difference between a florist not selling flowers to somebody because they think that person might be a Nazi and refusing to make an arrangement in the shape of a swastika. This seems to be something you're not grasping and the rest of your list of "examples" are equally illogical so I'll stop quoting them individually.

Here's some logical comparisons:

A black baker refusing to sell a wedding cake to a white or interracial couple because of their race. That's discrimination.
A gay baker refusing to sell a wedding cake for a straight couple because they're straight. That's discrimination.
A Muslim florist refusing to sell flowers to a Jewish person because that person is Jewish. That's discrimination.

It's really not that hard to understand:

If a business refuses to do business with a person because of that person's gender, race/ethnicity, religion affiliation or sexual orientation — that's discrimination. The particular gender, race, religion and sexual orientation are irrelevant. A business cannot be compelled to provide a good or service that they don't provide to anyone else. This is dead simple.

As for your pro-life/pro-choice nonsense, neither side of that particular debate has protection against discrimination under any law that I'm familiar with but perhaps you'd like to point one out?
edit on 2015-8-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Please explain to me what "Homosexual Rights" are and what "Christian Rights" are if you would. Because I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as either one of those. Last I checked it was Equal Rights which means the same rights we all have and share. Nobody gets any special rights that others don't have.

Some Religious people out there sure want some special rights for themselves however. But screw them. Sorry, you don't get special treatment just because you choose a certain religion. You're not any better than others just because you "believe" it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Gay folk have always been around and is at the same levels as thousands of years ago..There are 7 billion of us so your view on it being bad for the survival of the species is just wrong.
How is it harming the species?.
You do not choose to be gay, it is not a belief system.

I specifically did not say it was wrong
and went out of my way to say I don't
care at all who anybody "does". It's not
my business to judge and not my business at all.

Harming the species?
It is counter to evolution of the species because
it leads to extinction of the species.
Darwin and evolution as a biological and natural
process find homosexual procreative activity
to be extinction behavior.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
Christians don't shouldn't have any rights

Ok, why not?
What do you want to do?
Genocide?

What if someone is in power who doesn't like your thought process.
Would it then be ok for them to decide because they don't
like the way you think that you should have no rights?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

But homosexuals are NOT extinct, and homosexual behavior is NOT responsible for their extant populations. Heterosexuals beget homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But homosexuals are NOT extinct, and homosexual behavior is NOT responsible for their extant populations. Heterosexuals beget homosexuals.

Of course homosexuals are not extinct, duh.

I said that homosexual behavior is extinction of the species behavior.

That means: if everyone were a homosexual the human race would die out, become extinct.

I KNOW that everyone is not a homosexual
before you think that for heavens sake.

Heterosexuals beget both heterosexuals and homosexuals,
where do you think homosexuals come from?
A great stork in the sky covered with glitter?

edit on 4Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:43:53 -0500pm82908pmk296 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well, that certainly isn't correct, though, where humans are concerned, now is it?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

That means: if everyone were a homosexual the human race would die out, become extinct.

So are blowjobs but I don't see anyone rallying up all the religious folk to outlaw those.

Celibacy would qualify under extinction level behavior too but the church encourages that as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You have completely missed the point as you did with your discriminatory list.Your then surmised homosexuality is not normal(wrong) because “it” (homosexuality) is harmful for the survival of human species.You said:

“But yes, calling “it” normative goes against basic biology especially Darwinism and evolutionary theory, as it is harmful to the survival of the species”.

This is not correct.You are jumping to unfounded conclusions based on facts you do not know and failed to expand upon.Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean they cannot reproduce.There is abundant proof that many male and female homosexuals have produced offspring.As stated homosexuals have existed from the beginning but the human species population is growing at an exponential rate.You are moving the goal posts to support your illogical intellectually dishonest argument.

You say you could care less what people do in their privacy but obviously you care very,very much because you believe they are causing harm to the survival of the human species as you made in your statement.That is called being double minded and speaking with a forked tongue. I won’t even address the ludicrousness of your belief that homosexuality is a belief system.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Not true. The reproductive organs of homosexuals work just fine. I knew a lesbian who used a sperm donation from a gay man to have a baby. True story. There are many, many homosexuals who want children, and they will find a way, even if everyone in the world is a homosexual.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Not really. Homosexuals have children all the time. Homosexual does not equal infertile. Right? The will to procreate is as strong in homosexual pairs as it is in heterosexual pairs. Both sometimes need help from outside. (Aw, kayla beat me!) LOL!

You say, "If everyone were a homosexual the human race would die out" and "I KNOW that everyone is not a homosexual"... So, what's your point?

If the moon were made of cheese, we could eat it... I KNOW the moon isn't made of cheese. What point have I made?

edit on 8/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

HEY - what about responsibilities.

I'm sick to death of hearing about everybody's *)&%$^&*(& rights. Be (*&%##%^ responsible.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Too many hurt feels these days, hard to keep up

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join