It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the increasing use of Cremation in the west behind the UFO phenomenon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

sigh

you could claim that UFO activity is linked to the rising use of automobiles , or batteries or lightbulbs or aluminium pans or literacy

got evidence to make your causation claim ?

ETA : or aircaft - how could i have missed aircraft of the list

edit on 28-8-2015 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I chose to be cremated because it`s cheaper. simple as that.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I don't doubt there is a correlation with cremation, but cremation likely also correlates with the industrial and technological revolution, which also correlates with increased ufo sightings.

Basically as people's belief in the religious paranormal subsided, their belief in the need for cremation also subsided, as did their likelihood to identify a ufo as an angel/demon as opposed to an unidentified conveyance of some type.

EDIT: not trying to shoot you down, just pondering.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Sharpobjects because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Reply to the OP. By your words, are you tying me to your beliefs when I don't have a belief system? I've had six excellent sightings in the west and the east coasts. I'm also having my body cremated. Is there a connection? I think not. I think your post should be in the religion forum for you talk about the soul as if its existence has been proven as opposed to just being a topic of conversation. The gullible believers don't make policy.

Your theory sounds like an "Ancient Aliens" episode with the "hair guy" ending the segment by saying "It's aliens!" What other far out theory is going to see the light of day here at good ol' ATS?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Interesting idea indeed. Keep in my ufos have been described by people throughout the ages!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

So of course there is also the Gurdjieff thing about the Moon and how we are food for it.

According to Gurdjieff's story, part of us returns to the earth when we die, and part of us feeds then Moon.

Maybe the scheduled cremation of human beings interrupts some other schedule we are not aware of.

Why do we seem to have an intuition (other than out of necessity for sanitation) for burying our dead?

For instance, long ago, for a short time, I was an Odd fellow, and one of the duties that I swore to perform was to "bury the dead". I am pretty sure the same thing is part of the pledge for more than one European fraternal organization.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not to derail the thread, but as a side note... I once read from someone in the funeral business, that although they lead you to believe otherwise, you have a right to buy a casket anywhere you choose. They will try to convince you their product is the best and guilt you for cheaping out on your dear deceased loved one, and they are good at it. But you can order a nice casket at Walmart for between roughly $900 - $2700 and have it delivered to the funeral home the next day. That's just a fraction of the jacked-up price the funeral home will charge you.

Yep, Walmart actually sells caskets

So if your soul prefers to stick around for resurrection, instead of flying around all willy-nilly, shop Walmart, where you can "Save Money Live Better" and die cheaper.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
a reply to: beansidhe

The Emerald Tablets, maybe. The Book of Enoch... Not 100% sure... Something about it just rang a bell... Maybe another member will come along that recalls what I am mentioning... Lord knows if I have something wrong, someone will correct me, seems ATS is good that way. Lol

They will, no doubt!
I'll maybe find it one day, I'll keep an eye out.

Reply to Oannes:

It has been said that demons only can travel in straight lines. In feng shui this is why screens are put up.

I think that's a bit strange that across the other side of the world, different cultures speak about straight lines for the dead/ demons. I wonder where that idea comes from?
If you think about it, cremation is as old as the hills.

Pottery urns, dating from about 7000 BC, have been found in an early Jiahu site in China, where a total of 32 burial urns are found,[2] and another early finds are in Laoguantai, Shaanxi

en.wikipedia.org...

Unless the idea started in China and made it's way around the globe? Anyway, that's a different thread. So maybe we have been recently disrupting an ancient process or system by burying? Because stories of lights and unknown beings are part of the fabric of our time on earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Here is some more info as it relates to Ley Lines. I currently reside on the water and near the intersection of Ley Lines. This is the rainy season here in Flori-Duh so every afternoon when the thunder/lightning shows up it cracks it's whip right outside My front door. If I do My meditation contemporaneous, I can tell when the 'energy' is increasing and hold My avatar (MagWai) because Herm doesn't like it, at all. At the golf course home it wasn't a matter, but I moved here FOR that energy..

www.sciencechannel.com...

ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com...

namaste

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

But there is a correlation between the use of cremation in western countries and the emergence of the ufo phenomenon. There may be nothing to it but it just stands out as something that went hand in hand in the west at the same time

What's the evidence to show this "Correlation" you've mentioned a few times now?
You gave a link to a Wikipedia page which discusses cremation, that's it?
Are you sure the "Correlation" between supposed increase in cremation and increase in UFO sightings isn't something you've just decided exists?
If that is the case then you should have a read of this Wikipedia page because it seems appropriate at the moment.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
correlation does not imply causation.
there is a sort of folkloric connection between orbs and spirits, but we have nothing tangible to talk about it as a real phenomena. For it to be at all related to the rise of cremation, going by your own numbers, you'd really expect the number of orbs to be multiplying exponentially by now. we should be up to our necks in spirits. shame, i'd dig that.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Is the increasing use of Cremation in the west behind the UFO phenomenon?

The reason cremation has been increasing is that it is cheaper than being buried...

www.neptunesociety.com...

As for the UFO phenomenon...I doubt being cremated has anything to do with it.

But there is a correlation between the use of cremation in western countries and the emergence of the ufo phenomenon. There may be nothing to it but it just stands out as something that went hand in hand in the west at the same time

I think a more plausible explanation, would be advancement in technology and military experimentation. Heck, Tesla was playing with electricity / towers / orbs a hundred years ago. I can't imagine what they are toying with now! But I'm sure most of what we see and cannot explain is a result of that!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Nice topic, sounds like something I would think up when I'm recreationally meditating.

First - about burial options:
Caskets are very expensive. They are put into concrete vaults in the ground. There are "drain holes". The body is flushed of blood and filled with formaldehyde instead. Jaw is wired shut, velcro or superglue for the eyelids. Make up. Clothing (often synthetic). It's a sickening process to imagine, which is why I don't want to be "embalmed."

Bury me in a "green" casket of paper products (no glues or whatever) or a pine box. With no embalming, processing, or chemicals to 'prevent spoilage' or 'preservatives' (thank you very much). Also, in cotton or linen, if not just nude (plus, I'd rather be buried in the fetal position or on my side, not flat on my back in my "Sunday best" (don't have any "Sunday best" anymore, anyway) with pins and velcro holding me together after a cadaver makeover).

So for me, and pursuant to my own principles - a totally green burial, or cremation. The chemicals used to embalm are extremely toxic. The body will turn to liquid and drain out of the vault anyway. Gross.

Orbs could well be 'spiritual plasma friends' - but we are earthly beings, and like my dead animal companions, who are buried in graves in a shroud (usually of their own bedding) being allowed to nourish the earth and "push up daisies" seems most natural. Cremation, too, seems natural, and a viable alternative to green burial. Burial at sea could be another 'green' option.

But I have to go with the "correlation does not equal causation" (post hoc ergo propter hoc).

Didn't know about the Feng Shui thing origins, but the ley lines, yeah.

There's just so much we don't know. That's what keeps life interesting....!!

edit on 8/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: format and vocabulary

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You know.. this is very interesting that you mention this. I have a video of a close friend that sky dives. His brother died but had requested that he release his ashes in the air while sky diving over a particular location. My friend honored his wishes. This event was video taped by another sky diver. The interesting thing is that when he opens the lid to the canister that holds the ashes, you can clearly see a small/baseball sized orb leave the canister along with the ashes. Its a pretty amazing piece of video. I think your theory has merit.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

a reply to: MrCrow

Hahaha that's funny. For sure cremation is a choice................ Since that choice has been made legal in Great Britain the increasing use of cremation has gone hand in hand with an increase of ufo sightings

No YOU think it has that doesn't mean it's true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join