It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the increasing use of Cremation in the west behind the UFO phenomenon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't know if there is any sense to this theory, but it's been playing on the mind for a few weeks. The new and increasing use of cremation in the west, combined with the emergence of the ufo phenomenon.

Cremation as we know it today was not legal in Great Britain until 1885, but interest in this form of disposing of human remains emerged during the second half of the 19th century from ideas that reached the country from Italy.

As the use of cremation in the west became more popular, we have also an increase in the sighting of the ufo orbs. Some religions state that we should bury the dead, ,maybe they are correct if we are to keep the soul in the ground and allow it to slowly die long after the body is placed there. Maybe by burning the body the soul is allowed to wander and live on.

Many ancient burial sites have ufo orbs associated with the, were these also the sites of age old cremations and the souls lived on and what we see today are those in the form of the ufo orbs.

"By the end of the 20th century, over 240 crematoria were in use in the United Kingdom. In 2000, over 70% of the deceased were cremated (437,609 out of 611,960 deaths), making this one of the highest percentages of cremations in the European Union."
(Wiki)

Ancient India used cremation to dispose of the human body. Ancient India is full of ufo style stories.

It just plays on the mind that as the use of cremation became popular in the west there was an emergence of ufo activity. It happened at the same time. By not allowing the body to be left in the soil of Planet Earth and sending it into the sky through cremation are we unwittingly creating the ufo phenomenon?

edit on 28-8-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Added source link and external tags.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
my stance would be cremation likely severs the soul's tendency to linger around looking down at its body.

theres the potential for much electrical energy output when the soul is disconnected from the physical body rather than the body just lying there and the soul lingering around

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Wow.

That's some fresh and original thinking. This sort of thing is really interesting to me and I often wonder, as you do, about our funerary practices and those of other cultures.

You know? The whole straight-path (ley line) thing found all over Europe had to do with keeping the dead traveling in straight lines; that has always fascinated me.

Anyhow, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this. Have a good one.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Cremation has happened in the west for about 7,000 years. It was just not legal in written form in Great Brittain until 1885.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Maybe folks are turning Hindu or they want to go out like Olaf into Valhalla sans the boat (another fee). I also think the costs of a funeral factor in. Casket + funeral + burial plot + +++ The majority of older folks, the greater number of those dying, grew up when a $ meant something, then to see EVERYTHING skyrocket, probably feel it isn't cost effective.

Both My folks grew up during the Depression and My Mom's dying words to Me were "I don't want a funeral, a memorial or any of that kind of 'snip'" Imagine My chagrin when My older brother called and wanted $900 for part of the costs associated w/a memorial they were putting on. I told Him not to expect anything from Me as that would be "going against My Mother's wishes.." He thought it was a snipe towards Him being adopted. He is the same brother that had My 91 year old father change the will on His deathbed, this action ended in some attorney milking Him for $6500.00

I'll go out like Olaf, I'm NOT My body.

namaste

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The reason cremation has been increasing is that it is cheaper than being buried...

www.neptunesociety.com...

As for the UFO phenomenon...I doubt being cremated has anything to do with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Wow.

That's some fresh and original thinking. This sort of thing is really interesting to me and I often wonder, as you do, about our funerary practices and those of other cultures.

You know? The whole straight-path (ley line) thing found all over Europe had to do with keeping the dead traveling in straight lines; that has always fascinated me.

Anyhow, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this. Have a good one.

................... and most of my sightings, if not all, have been very close or on ley lines. Good on you for bringng up the ley lines

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is really interesting! Star to you!

However, what I would say is that the choice between cremation and burial is a personal one i.e. that of the imminent deceased and , likely, what their will states. All of my parents, in-law or otherwise have gone the cremation route and I don't want/cannot/will not want to know their reasons.

As for me? Cremation so I cannot infect the earth with my personal toxins

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Ah thanks,

Hey, there's also the Chinese. Their whole Feng Shui thing originated as a form of traffic-control for the dead.

So weird, that Europe and China would both be obsessed with straight-paths and the dead.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Everyone should be cremated. Why are we wasting precious land with dead people in boxes?

I know that my opinion has little to do with the premise of the thread, but I don't care.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The reason cremation has been increasing is that it is cheaper than being buried...

www.neptunesociety.com...

As for the UFO phenomenon...I doubt being cremated has anything to do with it.

But there is a correlation between the use of cremation in western countries and the emergence of the ufo phenomenon. There may be nothing to it but it just stands out as something that went hand in hand in the west at the same time

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Cremation has happened in the west for about 7,000 years. It was just not legal in written form in Great Brittain until 1885.
[/quote

Exactly
Ufo activity took off around then. At the same time you do see ufo orb activity around burial mounds on ley lines that go back thousands of years as you say
edit on 28-8-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Hahaha that's funny. For sure cremation is a choice................ Since that choice has been made legal in Great Britain the increasing use of cremation has gone hand in hand with an increase of ufo sightings

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You know this is a very unique perspective however it implys a spiritual component to abduction or the alien phenomenon, and to be honest any theory after reviewing the facts, which basically says something genuinely inexplicable is happening,knowing 'what' that something is, is unknowable right now. So conjecture, which is fine I have my own theory's, I however do not believe this is a spiritual or demonic phenomenon, though it could arrive from the same place those experiences come from, IE: the collective unconscious. So I do disagree, as has been stated burning body's has been practiced arguably since we first tamed fire.
edit on 28-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Everyone should be cremated. Why are we wasting precious land with dead people in boxes?

But we may be creating the 'spirits in the sky' by not putting the body and soul to rest in the same ground (Planet Earth) that gave it the nutrients and minerals, instead we burn it and smoke it into the sky, so to speak....................

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

So I do disagree, as has been stated burning body's has been practiced arguably since we first tamed fire.

That is is true in the East where we have ufos being seen since time recorded especially in India that has always gone down the crematorium route for thousands of years. In the west we have only legally allowed the burning of the body for one hundred years and there is a correlation between the increasing use of crematorium and the ufo phenomenon

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: reldra

[/quote

Exactly
Ufo activity took off around then. At the same time you do see ufo orb activity around burial mounds on ley lines that go back thousands of years as you say

Took off then? People have been seeing and writing about UFOs fior even longer.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Answer

But we may be creating the 'spirits in the sky' by not putting the body and soul to rest in the same ground (Planet Earth) that gave it the nutrients and minerals, instead we burn it and smoke it into the sky, so to speak....................

Except... that's probably not happening at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That's an interesting theory, I would never have thought of connecting cremation with ufo's. Ley lines/fairy roads/dead roads are well known for having 'spirit lights', and ufo sighting are sometimes like that (or so I believe, knowing barely anything about ufo's).

Do you know why cremation was illegal until 1885? Just wondering.

By not allowing the body to be left in the soil of Planet Earth and sending it into the sky through cremation are we unwittingly creating the ufo phenomenon?

Arguably 'fairy' phenomena was the fore-runner to ufo phenomena, but is cremation the reason why? I have no idea, but it's a good thing to ponder.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Why would a spiritual entity be bound to a geographic location who is now 'free' floating? Not only that, but just because it has been legal does not mean it didn't happen before it was legal! For something to be illegal it must of happened, and further for something to become legal,it is happening and public opinion changes on the matter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join