It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22s deploy to Europe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

You know if the USS Donald Cook was disabled by a magic Russian weapon then why does it keep going back to the same place and doing the same patrol. And you want stay far far away from Veterans Today, it is a fake news site. You can even find its owner on YouTube admitting 40% of what he writes is made up. I think your suppose to just enjoy reading it like with the Weekly World News when it was around. Fun, crazy made up stories.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

HPM can get through shielding that EMP can't get through, and can be targeted at specific areas, instead of blanketing an area.

High-power microwave (HPM) sources have been under investigation for several years as potential weapons for a variety of combat, sabotage, and terrorist applications. Due to classification restrictions, details of this work are relatively unknown outside the military community and its contractors. A key point to recognize is the insidious nature of HPM. Due to the gigahertz-band frequencies (4 to 20 GHz) involved, HPM has the capability to penetrate not only radio front-ends, but also the most minute shielding penetrations throughout the equipment. At sufficiently high levels, as discussed, the potential exists for significant damage to devices and circuits. For these reasons, HPM should be of interest to the broad spectrum of EMC practitioners.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice pics of the Raptors landing in Poland:

theaviationist.com...
edit on 31-8-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Obviously you don't follow this subject too much. Both Russia and China have been working on their version of the F-22 for YEARS. There are technological gaps. Fifth gen fighters aren't pop-up toasters.....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Obviously you don't follow this subject too much. Both Russia and China have been working on their version of the F-22 for YEARS. There are technological gaps. Fifth gen fighters aren't pop-up toasters.....

Yeah, know where you are coming from. Hopefully there will be a Russian version soon, maybe a Chinese version too. A Russian version will probably be quite advanced, not too sure about the Chinese but they've gone from paddy field to modern world in thirty years so suppose it's a very serious possibility.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The F-16. net version of the story saw fit to add this little tidbit:

"This first-ever F-22 training deployment to Europe is funded by the European Reassurance Initiative, and provides support to bolster the security of our NATO Allies and partners in Europe."

What is this Initiative and where is the money coming from??

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's where the real war is being fought. Either way Putin loses....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
The Foxbat was made with stainless steel. A lead sled that went fast up high and would fry their engines each time those envelopes were reached.

Down lower? An F-4 would probably take one out. ( It had no BVR tracking system whatsoever,) A piece of junk with good 'numbers'.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe during the coming weeks of joint training we'll get a few sorties in with the German EFs. A round two and re-adjust their 'reality' a tad...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
The Foxbat was made with stainless steel. A lead sled that went fast up high and would fry their engines each time those envelopes were reached.

Down lower? An F-4 would probably take one out. ( It had no BVR tracking system whatsoever,) A piece of junk with good 'numbers'.

Yea, as one of the "experts" noted.....it was designed to be an interceptor; very fast...very short range. One was reported to have out run a missle shot at it during one of the Gulf Wars. The Russians had put speed limiters on the craft to avoid engine burnout.

Interesting story today that the Russians have deployed their pilots and planes to a Syrian air base outside Damascus to use against ISIS and the Syrian rebels. I question the veracity of the claim and haven't seen it verified. Odd thing was that the accompanying photos were of the Mig 31 Foxhound which I'd read was an updated, modified version of the Mig 25 Foxbat. Its hard to believe they'd deploy something like that to Syria. I think the news outfit was simply using stock photos. You can see that report at the link provided at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It may be a false story. Although it would fit with the reports of Putin's support of Assad and Iran.

Time will tell. I could see them sending older platforms as well...less risk to their few high-end equipment.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

They delivered them to Syria, not deployed. Syria bought six Foxhound-Es earlier this year or last year, and they were delivered in August.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They delivered them to Syria, not deployed. Syria bought six Foxbat-Es earlier this year or last year, and they were delivered in August.

Does that make any sense whatsover? Don't they need fighter-bombers? Wouldn't the SU-25 be more.....on point? Whatever in the world are they going to "Intercept"?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Unlike the MiG-25 the Foxhound is far more capable. It still can't get into a turning fight, but it has an excellent radar and the ability to act as an AWACS type platform for other aircraft, sending radar data to other aircraft.

It's also equipped with the first passive electronically scanned radar.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A repeat of the reactor raid from a few years ago? Russians seeing if their tech can survive Israeli ECM systems.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Unlike the MiG-25 the Foxbat is far more capable. It still can't get into a turning fight, but it has an excellent radar and the ability to act as an AWACS type platform for other aircraft, sending radar data to other aircraft.

It's also equipped with the first passive electronically scanned radar.

Uh....I think you meant to say "Foxhound is far more capable". And that's all spot on correct. Maybe spotting is what the Syrians need. They're primary success of late seems to have been blowing up civilians with barrel bombs, but....who am I to judge.

I honestly can't imagine how Assad has hung on this long; must be outside help.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yeah I did. That's what I get for trying to do three things at once.

This gives him a cheaper, less vulnerable A-50 equivalent. Not as capable, but they don't need everything the Mainstay can do so this works.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
when you said gighertz from HPM, then yes indeed, because EMP is a blast of all freqs and probably more lower freqs...the higher the freq, the shorter the wavelength, the more penetration of a leaky faraday cage. by the way, i was once designing an anti bedbug gun..little buggers require abut 7 gig or better to pop them like little balloons...trouble was i could only find russian tech folks who had off the shelf transmitters for sale at a price.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join