It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22s deploy to Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Four F-22s, two air spares, and tankers departed Tyndall AFB for Germany this morning. The aircraft will arrive at Spangdahlem this afternoon.

This is the first non-airshow deployment to Europe for the Raptor. It's also a test of the Rapid Raptor Package in which 4 F-22s, and their logistics tail can deploy anywhere in the world, and be ready to deploy for operations within 24 hours.

Four F-22A Raptor stealth jets will arrive at Spangdahlem airbase later today, to start the deployment in Europe in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.

The aircraft, belonging to 325th Fighter Wing, from Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida, and using radio callsign “Tabor 11” are accompained by two air spares and supported by several tankers along the way according to the information posted by some very well informed users on Scramble forum.

As happened to the first A-10 Theater Security Package in May, Spangdahlem is going to be the first stop for the U.S. Raptors that are expected to visit other eastern Europe airbases.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Over the next decade the capabilities of the f22 and f35 will be demonstrated to the world and underwear will need to be changed.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You haven't seen anything yet if you think they're impressive.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All these planes are junk. But I'm biased so don't listen to me

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Everybody likes to bash military equipment even though they have no clue.
I remember back in the 80's people were dogging on the Bradley. They said it's aluminum and a t72 round will go right through the damn thing. But they didn't bother to mention it was a replacement for an apc and not a tank. That it was a vast improvement over the vehicle it was replacing.
Guess that don't make headlines

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly. "If it bleeds, it leads." It's the same with the bomber. They're already saying it's over priced, and unnecessary despite the fact that the most numerous bomber in our inventory is 60 years old, and can't even go near a modern defensive system.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So it's just the four? no six pack?

You're the man to ask on issues like this, what does this mean?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Over the next decade the capabilities of the f22 and f35 will be demonstrated to the world and underwear will need to be changed.

Surely within a year or so the Chinese will make a clone of these planes. I've seen how quickly they can copy our industrial machinery and it's quick, real quick. Surely with their spies they will have the same plane within a year or two?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It's a show of support to allies in the area as well as proving the Rapid Raptor concept works. It also let's allies that can't come to the US learn how to work with a 5th generation platform.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A copy is never as good as the original. They already have a couple of stealthy platforms, but you don't go from nothing to super advanced in one try. The F-22s aren't standing still either.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Go buy a snap on brand wrench and buy a Chinese brand wrench.
they might look similar but they don't work the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That plane has been around for quite a while according to Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know next to nothing when it comes military, or come to that, any aircraft so I would have thought it would have been superseded by now...

In any case, it does look impressive!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thats finally my chance to see one up-close. Seems like like the runway at Spangdahlem is right next to public streets, a good use for my SLR at last!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

It's still the most advanced fighter in the world, and the only 5th Generation fighter that's operational anywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

and Bluetone

Yes............... The Chinese thing are probably all for show. The Raptor is one scary thing, don't like looking at it as it looks dangerous and puts one on edge. Suppose that's the idea. USA lways seems one length ahead of the next best airforces, is it education, funding, but they always are te one step ahead. Bet the Russians are seriously concerned at this deployment - note the new offensive against Mariupol the past few days.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Anyone would be with a group of F-22s nearby. Four F-22s isn't going to be a huge game changer, but could do a lot if they wanted to.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What does concern me is it could force Putin's hand. It's all on again in Eastern Ukraine, the past week there looks like a new Russian push to take Mariupol. It's a coincidence this is at the same time as the Raptor deployment. The Russians must be seriously concerned.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The russians are likely more concerned with the price of oil than 4 jets in europe.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Four aircraft aren't going to change things that much. Twelve or fourteen maybe, four, no.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
So very wrong. These planes are built with the best by the best.
I was fortunate enough to be able to actually work on one of the F22s when
it came down the line to Flight test, during a strike with all the hourly folks
out, those of us in engineering (who had actually worked on aircraft before)
got to work on that one doing squaks and other remaining open items. I was
the first female to work on them on flightline. So maybe my view is a little biased also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join