It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well hello there, ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just joined the site, finally.

Name's Michael, 34, from Scotland and I'm a nutter.

My interests are programming and web development/design, playing guitar...drawing silly comics, that sort of thing. A well known nutter in my local hood, known for apparently seeing things what aren't actually there due to my incessant nutter-ness.

Yeah, I'm apparently the one person I know who thinks things are a bit messed up, warped, skewed - all the things I believe to be true are apparently not and are merely a product of my nuts-ness. I'm not surrounded by thieves, frauds, murderers, parasites and pests...it's all in my head so it is!

Yes, I'm as mad as a suspended, swinging sack of hedgehogs I tell you. I have a job that I hate, of course, hating my job makes me mad as a hatter. The nerve of me to not appreciate trading my life in for a pittance! Who the hell do I think I am? Yes, my appreciation of and the value I place in my free time, my life, makes me mentally unstable so it does.

Yeah, so after a lot of soul searching I decided that I fit in here, on ATS with all the other maniacs who see the world for what it obviously isn't. I'm here to spread the good word that we're all silly, silly cookies who believe crazy things and that we're all quite, quite mad!

Alright, bit tongue in cheek I suppose, my nutty way of saying I identify with many of you good folks and have spent many years reading the many threads on here. So I finally took the plunge and signed up because I've been told I'm a nutter...did I mention that?

Yeah, we're all nuts because we want a better world for ourselves and future generations. I don't know if anyone has told yous that but I've been given it on good authority by various people including members of my own family, these are very well educated and extremely clever individuals who know what they are talking about. So I thought to myself, I thought...fine, ATS is my family now!

I hope you all are nice to me and can accept my insane opinions what I harbor. I will do my level best to be very civil, to participate in the many interesting discussions and express my opinions without offending. Please don't let my confession that I'm of the nutty persuasion put you off taking to me, as I'm very approachable and quite harmless.

Just don't point at my guitars, in fact don't even look at them. They're particularly shy and sensitive.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My apologies for calling you all maniacs in my introduction...that wasn't a good idea.

I've a habit of putting my foot in it, practically kick my own teeth out on a daily basis. I was kinda being sarcastic, hope that's more obvious than it appears reading back over it.

Start as you mean to go on, eh? Heh.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ah, a witty intro thread.

Good evening to you and welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Ah, my well-deserved response, cheers!

Tryna keep this bad-boy on the go, this thread is smokin! Heh, just trying to earn the strips so that I can start threads about my various delusions.

How are you? A Calvin and Hobbes fan? I should get me one of those avatars, any tips?
edit on 27-8-2015 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Welcome and welcome. (one for each of you)....

But seriously, in case I missed anyone, welcome again 😊

a reply to: HeathenJessie

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

If you're implying, sir, that I'm suffering from split personality disorder then I have to say that I part of me agrees with you and part of me doesn't.

Another part of me said hello and thanks for the response. Tell me, how does one get one of those lovely avatar thingies? I did let out a lofty chuckle at your five dollar Bill Murray. I like your style.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There are people and groups here that can help to make them, I've seen a bunch of intros where people asked and received links and names to those who can help. Search may be of assistance or the freshman forum maybe? I honestly have to defer to another more senior member.

I used an uploaded picture....of an actual ... Bill ... That I got for change one day. Its in a frame in my room right now 😊

As far as implying anything, I was just joking a bit (to one side) and dead serious to the other. Again, welcome!!😁😎

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You know what, I'm being lazy. I ain't not ought to expect to be spoon fed nothing.

I shall have to do some research and respond to some other threads. I deserve status! I've earned my stripes! Eah....other...absurd...claims.

I'm off to have a snoop about, do me nosy. I'll be spending my time probably in the computer related forums where I lurked, and the cryptozoology forum just because it's interesting and one of the things what led me to ATS all those years ago.

Much obliged, folks. Cheers again.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Not at all, I appreciate the response and the wit. And the advice, I shall do some digging.

Hopefully see you around, thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hello and Welcome You Heathen Nutter You!! You will fit right in here!!! Here is something I wrote a while back to Welcome newbies.. Hope You like it!

Hello and Welcome!

Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship, Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, till You want to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"

Syx...

new topics

top topics

join