It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 2,500 benefit claimants die after being found fit for work in just two years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Its brutal.. Lets not forget the hundreds of families being cleared out of london each week becuase of the bedroom tax. Its a form of landclearence and noone buts an eyelid..

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's the same in other euro country's.
They're going to strip you naked and leave you for dead ... that's the new government social modus operandi.
Apperently this is agenda21 in action.
Shedding the "inadequate".
TPTB want a healthy, working population that gives them more and more.
Those 2650 that kicked the bucket, they costed more then they would ever bring in.
Besides, lots and lots of the healthiest illegal immigrants *the healthiest alive after a very enduring way across half the planet* to take there place and work their own asses to the bone to buy # they don't need.
See why TPTB don't really want to takle that problem. Birthrates do not quite bring the mustard on the meat that the 10% profit increase forseen by the speculating ferrari driving crowd.
And they want what they all claim to be their money.

So buckle up.

We are on a bumpy ride.

Forgot to add:
I have hope for another euro spring.
Just like the ones in the north of Africa.
We should in fact all revolt and un-power everybody.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder
Immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than British born people

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That's because they all want to work!
Obviously they do not want benefit .. they want to get money working to buy stuff.
It's much easier, apperently, to get to work somehow.
And if after walking training and drifting you're still able and willing, you do not need it.

...and the blood sucking, sickening greedy mf basterds in their porsches and ferraris and skyriding building offices are using them as new batteries for their moneygrabbing backstabbing agenda.
Sucked bonedry.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder

That's because they all want to work!
Obviously they do not want benefit .. they want to get money working to buy stuff.
It's much easier, apperently, to get to work somehow.
And if after walking training and drifting you're still able and willing, you do not need it.

...and the blood sucking, sickening greedy mf basterds in their porsches and ferraris and skyriding building offices are using them as new batteries for their moneygrabbing backstabbing agenda.
Sucked bonedry.

Why do you think we have seen and are seeing more war in the middle east?
Come to Europe...you have no war, money a stone house and a beautiful car.
(and we can suck you dry untill you, your kids are either sick or die at about the calculated day you die)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry immigrants. You're just human 2.
You can either suffer and get killed by our bombes and bullits or come to europe where you will be more scared of the next letter in your mailbox stating you just lost everything and you have to keep on starting your lives over and over.
Work-jobless-social security-job-no job- no income-sick-not getting of the ground- job-hope and then you die....or get sick and die anyway.
...all because you wanted it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sorry people but our EUROPE is a #ed up place to be in right about now.
...and that's not going to get better soon untill some revolution ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thats truly sad. I cant help but think that the people who abuse the system are also to blame. There wouldnt be such an effort to weed out liars if there werent TOO MANY to ignore. I have not met a citizen of the UK that was on the doll for no good reason, but I have seen and heard about them online and through my friends from over seas.

I once saw a TV show from the UK about dead beat dads. Some of those people who came up on stage made me want to punch my TV.

I think there should be a review from time to time to see how people who were on assistance are making out. You cant just throw people into the mix after years in some cases of not working. You need to start them off slow and allow them time to fall into place. If they dont you see why and fix the issue or revert your prior assessment of their current ability to work.

Just my thoughts.

My thoughts:

The real problem behind just about all of societies woes is the ignorance of the fact that people cannot be controlled, and that people will do what people do.

I don't allow a rattlesnake to sleep in my bed with me. Why? Because rattlesnakes do what they will do: bite me. So i make my plans around the knowledge of this fact.

Welfare...a good example. Do you really think that free money isn't going to have all manner of crooks latching on to it? No, like i would not be mad at the snake for biting me (thats what he's gonna do...i can't be mad at it...its what a snake does), i can't be angry at the crooks. Thats what they will do.

I should be angry at whoever isn't stopping the crooks. Because knowing crooks will be crooks....the only solution is to stop them by securing the system. If i laid $1000 on the sidewalk of my house, its going to be stolen. Its just going to happen....being angry is dumb. Unless i am angry at myself for failing to secure my property.

Its the same with our elected leaders. Im not angry at Obama, or Bush. Im angry at the people who keep voting for them. The ones who should secure our system. Politicans, like snakes, will do what they will do. And it isn't surprising to anyone. That lack of surprise indicates who is at fault.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than British born people

Do you have a source for this?

Please don't tell me it was pulled from the Association of Statistical Studies.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Unfortunately your right in what you say. I can't see any other way to stop this rot. All the systems are bought up and the soap opera of politics provides the if orang with an excuse nnot to care.
When did the world so willingly stop caring that they turn a blind eye to men women and children dying in the back of lorries looking for a better life. No wonder the world is full of monsters as its we who are breeding them

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Mate, you hit the nail on the Head... Social Cleansing, plain and simple.

And what’s next, another round of benefit cuts which will see them again targeting the sick and infirm through Employment and Support Allowance. I was watching an interview only the other day where they were suggesting that those to ill to work could still take on part time positions.

Lets hope the Corbynator can bring new hope because the reality is that the majority of us are only one accident away from ESA, the only ones who arnet are the Elite.

Pretty good vid from the Artist Taxi Driver speaking about this...

edit on 27/8/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with all that you say. Some people will say the power has been taken. But I feel that the mass took to the streets power would be taken back.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandrawww.telegraph.co.uk... or-on-low-wage-report.html
Just think about it. If you went to another country to find work your probably not going to go for benefits, well I wouldn't. I'd be going for job opportunities.
fullfact.org...
edit on 27-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: ComplexCassandrawww.telegraph.co.uk... or-on-low-wage-report.html
Just think about it. If you went to another country to find work your probably not going to go for benefits, well I wouldn't. I'd be going for job opportunities.

Thanks. The link 404s for me but I'm sure I can search it.

I don't need to think about it, it makes perfect sense to me. When I asked for the source I wasn't doing so to challenge the statement but rather because it would be handy to have to hand for when I need it. That's why I genuinely hoped it hadn't just been pulled from the A.S.S.

Edit: Now I am confused because the article linked doesn't agree with your comment. It says they are more likely and not less likely.
edit on 27-8-2015 by ComplexCassandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Remember the 2,650 people that had died during that time frame and undoubtedly the many more that have died since February 2014.

RIP The innocent victims of Austere measures, you were a price worth paying in the eyes of Iain Duncan Smith and Co.

What is the percentage? If they reviewed 250,000 people that would mean about 1%....If they reviewed 5000 then that would be a whopping 50%, kind of a big difference there even when the number of people who died is the same.

I'm struggling to find the official stat's but I can make a reasoned estimate from 2013 figures:
Link

The figures from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) were based on medical assessments of the claimants carried out last year. Across the UK, 517,000 of the 1,342,100 people assessed were deemed to be fit enough to seek work.

So 517,000 people deemed 'fit for work' in the 12 months of 2013.
The time period in the OP was 26 months and 2650 people died, that's 102 people per month, times 12 it was 1224 people each year.

This could indicate that the mortality rate for the folk in the OP could be roughly 245 per 100,000 of the population.

In 2012 the age-standardised mortality rate (ASMR) for the United Kingdom was 538.6 deaths per 100,000 population. (Link)

Of course I consider any death which can be attributed to administration of government as tragic, but I don't see the stats showing a higher rate of death among people deemed 'fit for work' compared to general population.
But hey, I don't just shout and scream over stuff I read in tabloids until I do a bit of reading first.

As a side note, and for balance if anything, here is the Governments latest official response to the claims: UK GOV RESPONSE 27/8/2015 PDF
It is an interesting read and obviously supports the government so take it as you will, just putting it out there for information purposes.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandra try this one fullfact.org...

www.cream-migration.org...
edit on 27-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thanks - been reading.

Like a lot of statistics they are a bit "flaky" and very subject to the correct interpretation. Nothing too concrete either way, if I am being honest.*

If I was anti-immigration I know I could pick those sources apart quite effectively so I'm not sure I'd want to rely on them in a debate. At best they show that there is no significant detriment to the country from immigration in recent years even if they do not conclusively show anything significantly positive about the immigrant contribution.

If anything the studies seem to show that they are pretty much the same as we resident Brits. There seems to be the same ratio of workers to unemployed, healthy to sick, social contributors to recipients as the rest of the general populace. It would appear that it isn't down to where you're from or who you pray to or how ridiculously you dress (I'm looking at you lot with the arse of your jeans down by your knees) that dictates whether you will be paying in more to society than you take out. It looks like it all depends on who you are as an individual.

Who knew?

*ETA Case in point from the BBC check the video at the head of the article. Obviously attempting to downplay the impact of immigration they are bandying around all sorts of statistics but only supporting them with such non-information as "Studies have shown...." or "Arguments have been made that...."

edit on 27-8-2015 by ComplexCassandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
This could indicate that the mortality rate for the folk in the OP could be roughly 245 per 100,000 of the population.

It seems they are actually doing a good job. It is also kind of hard to directly attribute going back to work and dying unless it is something like physical labor and you die on the job with a heart attack.

The basic problem is people do die...kind of hard to get 100% accuracy when we all will die, so 99.5% is not bad...

edit on 27-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i am currently at the sharp end of this. almost the bitter end, truth be told. there is no humanity or compassion, whatsoever, allowed under the UK government's interpretation of 'helping' those that need it. we are problems to be dispensed with as quickly and quietly as possible. a sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What does the government have to do with workers comp or sick and accident benefits?

I'm a union rep for an auto parts supplier ( build seats for GM trucks).. Our line jobs are set up using the M.O.S.T system, each movement gets a value that represents a segment of time. These very on effort, complexity and so on.. Our jobs are extremely labor intensive .. Upholstery work takes a toll on your upper body..

Anyways , we've battled WC for a while now.. Yes there are those that play the game but the majority are legit . I say this due to the amount of surgeries my guys and gals have.

My employer sends the injured employee to an IME (independent medical examiner) even when it's their dr that put them out in the first place. The IME can be within a 60 radius and they are sent to multiples (till they find one that says put him to work). If any appointment are missed, you loose your benefits. They also change your shift Schedule (if you can work under restrictions). They even find jobs outside the company within your restrictions for you..a lot of those are security or fast food.. Basically make it as inconvenient and hard on you as possible..

Our glorious govener passed a law/bill that allows them to send you out on interviews , even if you don't get the job, they deduct that hourly rate from your benefits.. So for example, work sends me to Walmart for a greeter position (I have awesome people skills and charisma, ....not) that pays $10 an hour.. I don't get the job, so WC takes that $10 an hour on a 30 hour work week and deducts the $300 a week from my benefits.. Oh and btw, we still have to pay our weekly premium share or loose our health care,

Now the fed wants to get involved? WTF is it to them? It's private business and insurance company..

God forbid you get injured on the job (or anywhere) from the employer to WC fudging with you, you now have to deal with some government sponsored IME? Bull#..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join