It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX to Trump: You Owe Megyn Kelly an Apology!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seems Trump just can't keep from attacking FOX news host Megyn Kelly. She returned to work yesterday and Trump took to his Twitter page to insult her totally unprovoked.

On Monday night, Donald Trump took to Twitter to tell the world how much he dislikes Fox News host Megyn Kelly (yet again.) "I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly. Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!" Trump tweeted. He later quote-tweeted one user who compared Kelly to Nancy Grace in a derogatory fashion and another who called Kelly a "bimbo."
Roger Ailes, the CEO of the network, issued this statement:
"Donald Trump's surprise and unprovoked attack on Megyn Kelly during her show last night is as unacceptable as it is disturbing. Megyn Kelly represents the very best of American journalism and all of us at Fox News Channel reject the crude and irresponsible attempts to suggest otherwise."
"Donald Trump rarely apologizes, although in this case, he should."

NewsWeek

I'm agreeing with Ailes on this one. Trump is acting like a spoiled child and seems to be hoping to sully Megyn's excellent reputation in the media... I like her a LOT more now than I did before Trump started acting like the bully that he is. And I think the people are going to get real tired of his childish behavior.

edit on 8/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
She took several shots at him during her show.

She must know by now...He hits back.

He should go pull her hair. That would make them even.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Could it be that this Trump response is a calculated and planned part of his overall campaign?

Of course this will appeal to the misogynist right wing males but drive the women completely away.

Trump is not a fool and I see a hidden agenda...he knows that without the female and Hispanic vote the GOP doesn't stand a chance in hell. The question is....why? Democratic Trojan horse perhaps?

If this is in fact the case...brilliant slimeball politics at its finest. This race is shaping up to be a hum dinger.....
edit on 25-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Like what? Ailes said Trumps tweets were "unprovoked". What did she say? And do you have a link?

Trump is not a victim here. He's a BULLY. He's acting like a big baby. No surprise, though.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Could it be that this Trump response is a calculated and planned part of his overall campaign?

Sure. He knows people LOVE it when he's an asshole. And he probably did it to get more praise fro being such. But I think it backfired when Ailes stood up for Kelly.

Yes, it will drive women (and the men who love them) further away, but he thinks they're stupid anyway...

Democratic Trojan horse perhaps?

If this is in fact the case...brilliant slimeball politics at its finest. This race is shaping up to be a hum dinger.....

LOL! I still don't think Trump is in this to benefit Hillary. Becoming the president is ego food for him, nothing more. And you're right. He sure keeps things interesting (if laughable!).

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

She literally takes every little chance to dig at him. She has a national podium and so does he. I think he is the sort of take no prisoners no BS taking man that can get the job done.

I can barely even watch her show now that she's been exposed as an agenda driven fraud.

I mean seriously when has Fox news ever been agenda driven until this sniveling babe started it?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Reporters should be reviled by every politician.

They should be hated and despised.

Reporters used to be aloof, above politics.

They had honesty and integrity.

Now they are celebrities. And when they do ask the hard questions, they are attacked for doing so.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: YeahYea4

She literally takes every little chance to dig at him.

OK. Show me. I don't watch her show. Show me what she said about Trump on her show yesterday to warrant his nasty tweets.

I mean seriously when has Fox news ever been agenda driven until this sniveling babe started it?

Are you serious??? LOL!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
And when they do ask the hard questions, they are attacked for doing so.

Exactly. She asked some hard questions during the debate, but Trump is the ONLY one who went after her. She asked several of them some pretty tough questions. I was impressed.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's all a ratings game. Trump loves FOX.
Megan Kelly has the most (or second most-O'Reilly?) popular news-related show at night. Her ratings will go even higher now. Trump did Megan Kelly a huge favor...I'm sure she knows it too.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Like what? Ailes said Trumps tweets were "unprovoked". What did she say? And do you have a link?

I believe "unprovoked" may be subject to interpretation... There is an rundown of Megyn's show last night here:

Donald Trump Goes On A Sexist Twitter Tirade Against Megyn Kelly Again

Apparently most/all of the show was devoted to criticizing Trump. Not exactly fair and balanced.

Trump is not a victim here. He's a BULLY. He's acting like a big baby. No surprise, though.

A bully? No more than Kelly is for using her show to criticize Trump. A big baby? Yup!!!

But this is all just a contrived crisis... propaganda if you will... a final Hail Mary... to derail the Trump train. And I'd say it's failing miserably. What the Fox powers don't seem to understand is that the same folks supporting Trump because they're disgusted and fed up with the corruption and crony capitalism in DC are just as disgusted and fed up with the corruption and yellow journalism by the mainstream media. They're eating this up!

No sympathy for either one from me. They decided to play in the mud.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you! She seems to be reporting the news... There's a big battle between Trump and Bush right now, and EVERY news channel is talking about Trump and it's not always complementary, by a LONG shot! But he's not going after them. I didn't think Kelly said anything wrong. Sounds like you want her to walk on eggshells when talking about Trump.

Trump is running for freaking PRESIDENT. He better put on his big boy pants and learn to take criticism (that he BEGS for, by the way) like a man instead of like a pissed off brat. If he can't handle Megyn Kelly, he's not going to be very effective with Putin or other world leaders. Tweeting that "Putin is a jock strap" isn't going to go over well on the global scene.

edit on 8/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If he can't handle Megyn Kelly, he's not going to be very effective with Putin or other world leaders. Tweeting that "Putin is a jock strap" isn't going to go over well on the global scene.

It's so adolescent and scripted, it just sounds phony to me. Like he's an actor playing a part.
Trump is a member of the Screen Actors Guild/AFTRA, a union man as it were.....this must make some on the Right squirm a bit.
You can't work in TV or the Movies with out being in the union. I know what acting sounds like being SAG/AFTRA, actor, producer, filmmaker for almost 10 years here in Tamalewood.
Pretty impressive entertainment resume....

www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If he can't handle Megyn Kelly, he's not going to be very effective with Putin or other world leaders. Tweeting that "Putin is a jock strap" isn't going to go over well on the global scene.

It's so adolescent and scripted, it just sounds phony to me. Like he's an actor playing a part.
Trump is a member of the Screen Actors Guild/AFTRA, a union man as it were.....this must make some on the Right squirm a bit.
You can't work in TV or the Movies with out being in the union.
Pretty impressive entertainment resume....

www.imdb.com...

He said he would get along with Putin.

He said it would be wonderful.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Reporters should be reviled by every politician.

They should be hated and despised.

Reporters used to be aloof, above politics.

They had honesty and integrity.

Now they are celebrities. And when they do ask the hard questions, they are attacked for doing so.

But...

Megyn Kelly represents the very best of American journalism and all of us at Fox News Channel reject the crude and irresponsible attempts to suggest otherwise.

Some CEO told me that. One with honesty and integrity.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Well, Fox is "Fair and Balanced".

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

He said he would get along with Putin.

He said it would be wonderful.

LOL! Yeah, I know.

He said Mexico would pay for the wall.
He said he adores women.
He said he'd be GREAT for healthcare.
He said he's get along GREAT with China.
He said he will win the Latino vote.
He says he knows how to handle ISIS.

He makes all these high-level statements and then says, "Believe me!" like we're just supposed to take his word that he can handle it all without ANY details about how he's going to get anything done. He's a CEO. He thinks he'll be "King" or some kind of wizard that can wave a magic wand and get things done, just because he said so. He's going to be in for a world of hurt when he tells Congress to do something and they say, "no".

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you! She seems to be reporting the news...

Yup! That's her job -- At least what passes for journalism these days.

...EVERY news channel is talking about Trump and it's not always complementary, by a LONG shot! But he's not going after them.

True... what's up with that? I actually find that rather curious. But I don't have an opinion on it. At least not yet!

I didn't think Kelly said anything wrong. Sounds like you want her to walk on eggshells when talking about Trump.

Kelly can say what she wants. But the rules of engagement are changing... Kelly -- and all media -- seem to be fair game now, and for good reason. "News" is no longer just the facts. Editorializing has replaced reporting.

Trump is running for freaking PRESIDENT. He better put on his big boy pants and learn to take criticism (that he BEGS for, by the way) like a man instead of like a pissed off brat. If he can't handle Megyn Kelly, he's not going to be very effective with Putin or other world leaders. Tweeting that "Putin is a jock strap" isn't going to go over well on the global scene.

No argument here. But the same is true for Kelly. She took the job. She needs to put on her big girl panties if she wants to play with the big kids.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Personally I hope he Rosie O'donnell's her. Shake the creeps at Fox News Up, they need it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

She works for FOX. Just remember all those threads about FOX. Are they accurate and credible?

I like Trump just the way he is, long time I don't see on television someone with balls to say what he thinks, right or wrong. I don't trust politicians, Trump is not a politician.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join