It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJIA Opened 480pts down DROPS 1000pts first 5 minutes of Trading

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When have things EVER changed for the better after a catastrophic system failure?

After WWII and precisely in Germany. But you know... just a thought.

I suppose that depends on which half of Germany you were in.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Except anyone calling this the end of a correction so early would be a huge fool. I agree with your basic premise, but c'mon guy, this could easily drop quite a bit more before hitting a bottom.

Buying at the bottom of the market isn't necessary. It generates the most profit, but hitting the precise peaks and dips is completely unnecessary. If something is trading for $100/share, it drops to $80 when you buy in, then it drops to $70, then rises back up to $120, you still came out ahead by a healthy margin.

It's all just a matter of time in how long you want to keep that money tied up before you see a return.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dow Futures up 290.

Might just be short covering.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It seems to be the case and after all the interventions during the last 7 years central banks are without instruments to fight the coming economic downturn.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
>gambling

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Give me the numbers you nasty sharks!!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ive been on my job for 35 years. We converted from a fixed pension to a 401K when if first became available. Ive been pumping lots of money into that account for years. I made alot of money on high and medium risk, but have been concerned about a correction recently. I took all my money out of stocks and put it into stable value awhile back, and Im glad I did. You should have seen the guys at work today! These guys have hundreds of thousands riding the market, and they were bummed out big time. I was happy as a clam, not at their losses, but at my safety.
I used to buy alot of gold and silver, and put it away. I was buying gold at $400 an ounce, and silver at $5 an ounce. I kept buying until it reached about $900 and $13 for the silver. Ive bought a little bit since, but not much.

IMHO we are due for a correction, and it is not time to buy now. When there is "Blood in the streets" It will be time to jump full force back into stocks and prepare to ride that wave back up. And if you have precious metals, keep those in your pocket for insurance. Good luck to you all! Play this one right and make alot of money!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Just wondering, what's the current stock market state in other countries (England, Germany, Australia, etc)?

I'm not all that informed with how the stock market works, but which countries have their own stock market, and have they been affected by current events as well?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I bet there's a chapter about bringing down one's enemies through economic dependence, rather than military force, in Sun Tzu's book...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Looks like they are throwing out the typical "don't panic" lingo while behind the scenes they're packing their bags and running for the mountains.

Now is a good time to sell. This "correction" will go on for the coming month. Then that would be the time to buy back in and catch the bullish rise.

Hedging against inflation would be advisable too. The Fed will likely not raise interest rates now. I'm investing in some bullion while it's ridiculously low and, very likely, being artificially suppressed to bolster confidence in our fiat system. JP Morgan's recent purchase of 55m ounces of silver did not go unnoticed by my eagle eye.

I made this post here in jest but it really is a whole other angle/spin on this incoming collapse.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Who cares? Why would anyone with half a brain be invested in the stock market after what happened in 2008? I was smart enough to pull completely out in 2007 and have never looked back.

It's the only way many Jews, lazy folk, and/or gamblers know how to make money. They are not creators or laborers themselves.

And having inside information helps. Every game is rigged.

PS add me to the list of lazy folk + gamblers who play this game. I got out of the market for now and plan on profiting from this time of misfortune. Or at the very least coming out unscathed.

This is modern day natural selection at work.
edit on 8/25/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
No reason to continue the passive aggression, I'm likely far beyond you in the realm of mathematics and sciences.

That guy once made 3 off-topic posts to point out my 1 off-topic post in a thread. Don't worry, I think most people know by now he's a few cards short of a full deck. Poor thing likely has no idea what he's saying or seeing half the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

Yes yes, don't see any numbers?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Why is the Nikkei (Japan) down 733 points and China down 7.6% but every one else is up? The Dow is up 533 this morning. China slashed its rates, too. Is this why?

When the NYSE opens what's going to happen?
edit on 25-8-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Asian markets are rebounding, Chinese still falling

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The interest rate cuts came after Japanese and Chinsee markets closed. Other markets are reacting positively in anticipation of a rebound in China.

Unfortunately this simply buys time, as the underlying fundamentals need be changed. If the Chinese markets continue to tank, then this bounce back will be short lived. If they retrace some of the losses then the recession/depression is averted for some time. With so much talk of a fall crash it could be short lived.

Today looks to be a strong rally, so I'll be focusing on how the Shanghai composite performs when they open up.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Just wondering, what's the current stock market state in other countries (England, Germany, Australia, etc)?

I'm not all that informed with how the stock market works, but which countries have their own stock market, and have they been affected by current events as well?

Europe is surging as well. Up 4%. Everybody will take a small bump with China but, since China exports way more than it imports it is the Chinese who will have to bear the brunt of it all.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Looks like DOW made some recoveries today, but right at the end all it recovered was lost. In a span of like 10 minutes all of todays earnings just dropped below what it started with.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Cheers to unpredictability.

Looks to be a rocky rest of week, let's see what the Shanghai composite plays this evening when their markets open.

6 more hours to figure out WTH is going to happen next.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
China has abused their currency value over the years. 9:11 they wanted to team with Russia and do a giant sell off.

They decreased value of the Chinese Yuan the day before or day of blast. The blast happened near a load of shipping containers but also in a large financial district city. I've seen theorists state "rod of god" weapon and media reports say hazardous material in shipping containers.

Please correct or add any information regarding the above.

edit on 25-8-2015 by Johnathanandheather because: Secret

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join