It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJIA Opened 480pts down DROPS 1000pts first 5 minutes of Trading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Who cares? Why would anyone with half a brain be invested in the stock market after what happened in 2008? I was smart enough to pull completely out in 2007 and have never looked back.

There are much better ways to let your money work for you. I'll let the fools scramble and scrape for the digital money.
edit on 24-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Good thing the market is stabilizing then.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Clearly we have a different perspective on what is considered "stabilizing"

Let's wait it out until the end of the day to make a statement like that. Right now all we see is serious volatility.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Good thing the market is stabilizing then.

finance.yahoo.com...

Cool , have at it

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

You see how the slopes of those declines are getting smaller? You see how the point drops aren't as extreme each time it dips back down? Those are signs of stabilization.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Can someone tell me how this affects rates on home loans? The reason I'm asking is I locked in rate a couple of weeks ago at around 4%. Will things like this cause those rates to go down as well? Thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

In my picture? No. I don't see that. I see a bot selloff, spike back up, and then a sell, buy, larger sell, larger buy. It's been chilling for the last half hour.

What I'm interested to see is the last hour of trading. What would be bizarre (though possible) is a gain back to within 1% of loss towards the end. Equally plausible is a last sell off bringing us under 5% loss.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Then you need some better practice at graph interpretation. Namely rates of change and how they are fluctuating. Those live graphs tell me a lot about the direction the markets are heading. Now like you said, there are possibilities that something unforeseen may happen that causes the graphs to do something unexpected, but disregarding those possibilities, I'd say the worst is over.

PS: The most recent dip has an even SMALLER derivative. Like I said all trends as of now are showing stabilization hovering right between minus 500 - minus 600

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So you are saying that my interpretation looking at size, and direction of lines does not indicate a rate of change? That's interesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Can someone tell me how this affects rates on home loans? The reason I'm asking is I locked in rate a couple of weeks ago at around 4%. Will things like this cause those rates to go down as well? Thanks in advance!

It doesn't.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

So you are saying that my interpretation looking at size, and direction of lines does not indicate a rate of change? That's interesting.

Here's a quick idea, plot a graph of the DJIA's derivative since this morning. You'll notice that as the day has gone by, the decreasing slopes are getting smaller and smaller. In effect, it produces a graph that is oscillating between two extreme points like a pendulum. Eventually that oscillation will stabilize.

This is all Calculus; so forgive me if it is over your head though.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It doesn't.

Unless it keeps the Fed from raising rates. There won't be a drop in the rate though.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

No reason to continue the passive aggression, I'm likely far beyond you in the realm of mathematics and sciences.

link   

You aren't acting like it if I have to school you on reading the rates of change in a graph.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It doesn't.

Booooooooooooooooo!! Thanks for the reply

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Look, I know you're buttsore cause I keep destroying your petty reasoning in thread after thread, but please don't assume to know my limitations. You haven't said a single thing I don't already consider in my reasoning and approach.

Run along, kid.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My crystal ball says over 16000 by the end of the day

edit on 24-8-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Look, I know you're buttsore cause I keep destroying your petty reasoning in thread after thread, but please don't assume to know my limitations. You haven't said a single thing I don't already consider in my reasoning and approach.

Run along, kid.

Butt sore? Ad hominems much? You aren't doing a lot to help your case. In fact, now you are sounding like a child. If you know what I'm talking about then speak about it instead of completely ignoring my point which you KNOW I'm correct on (if you know Calculus that is, which I am doubting by the way you are responding to me).

By looking at the graph's rates of change you can see that the market is stabilizing. It's beyond obvious, why you refuse to admit this at this point is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Um. I'm really no financial expert here, but the markets fluctuate, and the best game is the long game, assuming you aren't trying to sell at a low point, and that your portfolio is full of a good mix of solid companies that aren't going to bubble and burst. Low points are GOOD for investors as it allows them to "buy low" just as high points are good for them to "sell high." You can't play the game without the risk.

If you look at the long-term on your chart, it is steadily going higher. This is a concerning dip for people looking to sell right now, but for the long term it seems pretty normal.

?? Again. I'm not an expert.

- AB

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What I'm saying is that your analysis was premature. That's pretty much it. I can see what you were getting at, but it could just as easily have slid back down a couple notches due to the speculation alone. Hey, your position held true and I fully give you that. I'm not someone who is looking for doom and gloom just cause, so cheers to your call and let's hope it remains true for some hours yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join