It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Chevy Corvette lost it's appeal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
For starters, I have an Audi TT Roadster. It does not have the power of a Corvette. I'm fine with that.

So I go on a date with a chick who has a blue convertible Corvette. It's a newer model and she takes good care of it. She gets out of her convertible and looks at my car and gets a little jealous. She actually gave me the finger when she told me to buy American, and then we proceeded on the date in her car (lol, her giving me bird was pretty funny and we both had a big laugh).

So we pull up to a fancy club with everyone outside and not a single person mentions the car - but when another guy with my car pulls up they all start pointing and stuff.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I get compliments all the time about my car. And I wouldn't mind having a new Hellcat.

So my question is this... has the Corvette lost it's appeal? Why did not one else pay notice and why would the driver or one be jealous over a TT?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My Rolex and I prefer the corvette... Seriously?

I certainly wouldn't be jealous over anyone else's car as long as mine was rolling. If she is happy with her car and you are happy with yours, does anyone else really need to be happy with it or be in awe of it?

I actually just mailed off the final payment on one of my vehicles tonight. I almost cried when I did it. There's no amount of money I would pay to get another payment at this point. But if you can afford it, buy what you like regardless of who else likes it....

Around here there are very few Audi vehicles. Corvettes, Chargers, and mustangs rule the day. Muscle cars... It is the south.
edit on 8/23/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My mother had one of the TT's when they came out in 98. She's had two of them and still drives an 01 model. To this day she get complements on her car. On flip side, my brother's a world class drag tuner and and we've taken 'moms' TT to the track quite a few times, and outside the super lemans variant of the TT, that cars a joke. The Corvette on the other hand, still has unquestioning respect in the world of performance auto sport. Especially when you consider the 2015 Z06 is faster than a Ferrari 599, McLaren P1, Nissian GT-R and your Hellcat. So no, the corvette has not lost appeal... except maybe amongst the weekend club crowd.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I know some "Vette lover is gonna scream, but....they're junk and they're ugly. Nothing but a big engine, wrapped with fiberglass and plastic. Lately they've done a decent job on the handling, cornering, suspension and all that, but if you're going to spend that much, why not just get a Jag, Porsche, BMW or anything but a Corvette.
edit on 23-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Audi TT is a nice looking car, early versions killed some Germans with not so good handling, it didn't stop them or others buying it but there you go. The Corvette might also have killed you should you have hit a mouse in the past, but it is more growed up now.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I live next to a fancy neighborhood and I see Lamborghini aventadors, gallados, mclarens, and Ferrari California's several times a week. Neighbor owns a lotus élan. Porsche turbos too.

But someone in my neighborhood owned a brand new corvette and the thing sounds like it would eat all of those previous cars on a straitaway. Maybe not in handling. But in outright speed. Perhaps.

Hey whatever happened to those viper venoms that were like 1000hp?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

You have got to be joking!!

Corvette has never sold higher numbers than now. What you experienced was the comparative strangeness/rarity of a TT Audi. Not many around.

There are You Tube videos of ZR-1s and the new C7 Z06 in Germany and they draw attention like magnetes. Same story, Porches all over the place but a 'vette?....

edit on 23-8-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One of my business associates has a '11 vette, when we go out she prefers to take my 1980 450SL. What's that tell you? There's more to a fine automobile than horsepower.

I just don't care much for Detroit design for much of anything except the Ford F150s; always a classic.
edit on 23-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It lost it appeal with the C6 for me, the engines were by far better but I really liked the flip up head lights. The C7 is just gorgeous though and so sinister looking in black. Especially that new Z06.

I personally wouldn't buy anything from this millennium for awhile, there are too many cars I`d like to fix up from the last one, and C4s and C5s are getting cheaper. I`m a big car guy and GM happens to be what I started off in so that's what I sort of prefer. Couldn't knock any others for their choices any more, even the import guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
problem with the vette is, and always has been, they ride like crap. if you hit a rock that is bigger than a fly's eyelash, you are going to feel it.

I remember back in the 80's when they came out with that cross fire fuel injector....worst "sports" car to ever hit the road.

an american icon? sure, ill buy that. but not something I would ever have owned.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. The designers killed it for me.

I wish it went 0-60 in one second, cause thats about how long I can stand looking at the rear end.

The front and sides look cool, but damn, did they have the same 10 year old draw this one up as they did the Camero rear?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I agree...

Looks like something from a power rangers cartoon.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

Mk2 GTi or GLi over all.

Personal preference mate.

PS corvettes are prosthetic testicles.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The Vette you have pictured..."Callaway" it, about 750 HP and 770 fb of torque and it's on my bucket list....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just don't care much for Detroit design for much of anything except the Ford F150s; always a classic.

Corvettes come from Kentucky not Detroit.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The front and sides look cool, but damn, did they have the same 10 year old draw this one up as they did the Camero rear?

They don't care about the rear end because the only people that see that are the ones eating it's dust.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues
How is a Z06 faster than a P1? I'm pretty sure the McLaren outclasses it in all ways.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Mk3 vr6 all day.

About the vettes though, despite how bad a$$ they are, most of these young 'uns consider them an old man's car.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That one in the pic is a '14 c7 Stingray-455hp,460 ftlbs. 0-60 3.8sec.

That Callaway z06 is a BA though. I'd drive it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Touché Buster. Yeah they are rockets. I was playing one in my Mazda 3 today. Might as well have been in reverse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join