It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama declares emergency in Washington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I have 2 relatives fighting fires in my home State of Washington, first in Chelan and now they've been relocated to Tonasket. The younger of the two was a good friend of Richard Wheeler, one of the 3 that died several days ago fighting a huge blaze east of the mountains. I can't imagine facing an inferno with escape routes closing, trying to find a way out of being trapped. These two love what they do, and have grande huevos.

Thoughts and compassion go out to the families of the three that lost their lives, and to all those responders who place others before self. Gov. Inslee has responded well in rallying all resources to deal with multiple outbreaks, and I hope things will get under control soon without further injuries or fatalities.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There have been a couple days the the fire have been so bad, it has affected the air quality over here on the other side of the mountains to the point of hazardous. I remember one morning watching the news, and a swath area from Bellingham to North Everett had air quality levels at hazardous. Right now its not so bad here in Everett, but I went out to Monroe the other day and it was really bad.

I am actually considering driving over the mountains and joining the efforts, now that they are asking for civilian help.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Bombardier Aerospace Montreal made these aircraft. They don't have to land and stop to fill their water tanks---they touch down at approach speed, open the fill scoops, add lots, of power, and the tanks fill in seconds.

If they were really serious they could have a few of these aircraft.
player.vimeo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I am actually considering driving over the mountains and joining the efforts, now that they are asking for civilian help.

I would consider it but I'm watching the dogs while my girlfriend travels through that area (I'm kinda freaked out). She gets back Sunday and I don't have anything going on next week after Monday so I might be making the trip if they still need a hand.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I would consider it but I'm watching the dogs while my girlfriend travels through that area (I'm kinda freaked out). She gets back Sunday and I don't have anything going on next week after Monday so I might be making the trip if they still need a hand.

I asked my wife if I should volunteer and she gave me that "look".

Then said, "You're old. You couldn't outrun a candle!"

So no flame-jumping for me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I asked my wife if I should volunteer and she gave me that "look".

Then said, "You're old. You couldn't outrun a candle!"

So no flame-jumping for me.

I have my name in for volunteer.
I'm old too you don't have to be a jumper to volunteer.
Sometimes all that is needed is help with moving equipment.
Hell you if you have the extra cash bring them a palet of bottled water.
But if not help with equipment cleaning and or what not.

edit:
Woops forgot a link
Do look at this page for more info on your fires
Fire Link
edit on 8/21/2015 by EvilBat because: added link

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Domo1

Four MAFFS equipped C-130s have been flying in California, and 200 active duty troops are going through fire training now to deploy this weekend. An additional 200 Washington National Guard troops will deploy too.

At least that means they won't be spraying chemtrails over the rest of the country......right??

3 Firemen died and your trolling over Chemtrails?

Not to mention all the other people putting their life on the line fighting these fires.

Never let a good crisis go to waste aye?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

Thanks for that!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Low snowpack and unseasonably warm weather this spring left forests tinder dry. Because past forest-management practices dictated that fires be put out right away, many forests are thick with heavy fuels that would have burned naturally.

Calling for more funding for forest treatment and fire-prevention, state lands commissioner Peter Goldmark said the forests were unhealthy.

“Our forests are sick. They’re vulnerable to fire,” he said in an interview earlier this summer.

Some good info on this site about the fire and ways to help

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I agree with seeker. This thread was dedicated to the life of those firemen. What if the family looked on this website and saw you making that completely irrelevant joke that had nothing to do with the firemen themselves? They would be astonished and probably very depressed because of that joke.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Took a drive through Glacier National Park last week. Pretty sickening there as well.

Since then we have had more than 20 additional fires started.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.
I just got word today that some of my in-laws are headed up that way from AZ. They're old too but they will be working on food trucks and such to make sure the firefighters and support crews are kept well fed and watered. The owner of the company they used to work for called and told them he would sponsor their trip if they were planning on volunteering. He also loaded up their RV with food and water and is sending one of his own food wagons loaded with supplies along with them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why did it take so long to respond on this? I mean Americans are suppose to be the technological most advance nation in the world with satellites and airplanes.
Now the fire has spread like crazy.

I would love to see a space image of US burning right now and how much CO2 the fire releases into the atmosphere.

This was like 18 days ago. Look at the map.

www.usatoday.com...

Just imagine now when Obama calls emergency.
edit on 21-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
God is still mad, no he is more pissed of then ever. Im gonna go hide for a while

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
God is still mad, no he is more pissed of then ever. Im gonna go hide for a while

What did you do?

The issues in WA are easy to explain. We screwed up. You need to allow things to burn on occasion, or else too much material is left and causes a larger issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join