It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: A group of US Marines foiled a potential terror attack on a French train

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How did that terrorist get an assault rifle in .

take a wild guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seven CLIPS? Or seven magazines?

There's a difference!

Never thought I'd see the day...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

There's a difference!

Exactly.... a clip is a made up ghetto name. there is no such thing.

Paperclips?

Potatochip clips?

Diaper clips?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And what, pray tell, could you possibly mean by that?

I think terminology is important, especially when contextualising events like these!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YeahYea4

A clip is a real thing. They differ from a magazine, but the terms have become pretty much interchangeable at this point and I know what people mean.

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm. This speeds up the process of loading and reloading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Good thing the Marines were there. I bet the bad guys are regretting their decision now.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So seriously we have 2 marines, then we have they wherent marines, we also have an ak 47 or a knife and a hand gun, geez the media is so terrible.
edit on 21-8-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Is there even a such thing as a clip anymore? Because as a shooter all my life and as someone has served... Ive never seen one unless it was in a movie.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Alek Skarlatos, a 22-year-old member of the U.S. National Guard from Oregon, said his friend, who is also in the military, had been injured while he grappled with the gunman. They eventually got the attacker under control, Norman said.

"I just got back from Afghanistan last month, and this was my vacation from Afghanistan," Skarlatos said.

Linky thingy

My brother and our friend, Oregon National Guard and Air Force respectively, were on some R and R in Europe. Terrorist came on their train with an AK, pistol, and knife. He fired off his first clip and then reloaded. Our friend tackled him and then my bro grabbed the AK and tried to shoot the terrorist. It jammed. Terrorist pulls pistol and is disarmed. Then pulls knife and stabs our friend, the poor white guy not in cuffs with the wounds on his neck/head. My bro took this video and sent it to me. He then took the AK buttstock and beat the terrorist in the head. Third friend can be heard also in background. They are looking for the pistol.

5 facts about Alex

edit on 21-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: YeahYea4

originally posted by: Domo1

There's a difference!

Exactly.... a clip is a made up ghetto name. there is no such thing.

Paperclips?

Potatochip clips?

Diaper clips?

A clip is used in a M1 Garand and called a 8 Shot En Bloc Clip.
The other type clips used with weapons are called Stripper clips and used for speed loading magazines.
And then there is the Moon and half-moon clip Such devices have most often been used to chamber rimless semi-automatic pistol cartridges in a revolver.
en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia can be your friend if you don't know anything about firearms

Me i learned the difference in boot camp

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: YeahYea4

Is there even a such thing as a clip anymore? Because as a shooter all my life and as someone has served... Ive never seen one unless it was in a movie.

Not really, no. I used to get all pedantic when people called a magazine a clip, but it's one of those things. I know what someone means, it's a very prevalent term, and it doesn't really matter. I mean it's a thing that holds a bunch of bullets. To me it seems like splitting hairs. Like the whole silencer vs. suppressor thing. You're kinda wrong, but it's not a big deal. Even BATFE refers to them as silencers in some literature.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Who ever of our people that said that we dont need marines never had one save their lives. Who ever of our enemies that said that they dont care if we have marines never had to face one.

Thanks guys.

Quoted for truth and accuracy!!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
cell phone video of shooter and gun after he was hogtied.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The word '"hero" gets misused too often these days - but, the actions of these 2 Americans and the Brit - that was heroic, potentially saving the lives of countless passengers on that train.

i am not a fan of American foreign policy, so praising 2 Marines comes hard - but praise has to be given where praise is due.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
The word '"hero" gets misused too often these days - but, the actions of these 2 Americans and the Brit - that was heroic, potentially saving the lives of countless passengers on that train.

i am not a fan of American foreign policy, so praising 2 Marines comes hard - but praise has to be given where praise is due.

And why would foreign policy (politicians) have any bearing on praising Americans (who also hate our politicians).

When you struggle to praise heroic actions you need to take a look in the mirror. These men were heroic, by any standard.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Perhaps because soldiers are the ultimate expression of a governments ability to enforce it's political will?

And if you Americans truly hated your politicians, you would not keep voting them in (carbon copies of each other it seems) time and time again.

But I won't change your mind, so lets cut this short and not derail the thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Glad to see the situation was handled without anyone getting killed. It sounds like this could have been much MUCH worse. The guy had 7 loaded magazines and and an "AK 47".

AH AK 47s are Russian therfore Russia was behind it, just like they downed MA 17 just because MA17 was hit with a Russian made missle. Gottem; red hand handed 100% evidence. Case closed.

CX

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Another report from Sky News, along with an interview with the Brit who helped the two US servicemen.....allegedly a national guardsman and an airman.

news.sky.com...

CX.

CX

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Another report from Sky News, along with an interview with the Brit who helped the two US servicemen.....allegedly a national guardsman and an airman.

news.sky.com...

CX.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Obviously glad this didn't end in tradgedy! Wasn't this lone gunmem yet another person on the watch list? How many is that now over the years? Hmmm..

I do get the impression these kind of people are left to do what they have to do,resulting in the obvious and this fits nicely into the elite agenda.

I can really see (have already) people exclaiming " what a great thing these marines were there, we need more on the streets" that kind of comment and way of thinking is just what the elites want!

If this event doesn't contribute to martial law then it's not long coming..

The elites need this to be so and in place as soon as possible, in order to quell the social disorder and fallout after the Planet X announcement. This is a similar footing to the real reason behind Jade Helm operations-that being? preparation for the fallout of the New Madrid adjustment and West Coast event that is very soon to come!

Are you ready?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join