It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: A group of US Marines foiled a potential terror attack on a French train

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How did that terrorist get an assault rifle in Europe? Aren't they illegal?

Kudo's to the US Marines. International badasses.

Not at all - in some European nations gun laws are as relaxed (or even more so) than US states.

Hat's off to the chaps though - it could have been far worse had they not discovered him when they did and allowed him to get some shots off.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It might just be me and the way my mind works, but the microcosm of a French train that was saved by Americans and a Brit from a rampaging nutter heading to France through Belgium isn't lost on me.....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: jude11
In the source:

"Talking about a terrorist motive would be premature at the moment"

In the title:

"A group of US Marines foiled a potential terror attack on a French train "

Use it enough times in an article confirming or denying and even if it turns out to not be terrorist related, it will be terrorist related.

Terrorist, Terrorist, Terrorist, Terrorist, Terrorist, Terrorist,

Jude

Well given that he had an AK with 7 clips, was apparently heard loading it in the bathroom, and had to be subdued, I'd say its safe to start calling this a potential terrorist attack.

How about that it could just be a regular run-of-the-mill nutjob?

Those still exist.

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

They do, but the salient facts are this suspect is from Morroco so it can be safely assumed he is a Muslim, therefore it can also be safely assumed he was in fact carrying out this attack in support of IS or another Islamic group.

These sorts of things do not happen with any regularity - nutjobs tend to go on a random rampage in their locality (see Raul Moat in the UK or the Cumbria massacre). Given the choice of target and the details we know about the suspect, it is perfectly reasonable to assume some connection to Islamic terrorism.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

AH AK 47s are Russian therfore Russia was behind it, just like they downed MA 17 just because MA17 was hit with a Russian made missle. Gottem; red hand handed 100% evidence. Case closed.

It was MH 17, and Russia is responsible for training the separatists that did it.

As far as Russia being behind this...who said anything remotely close to that?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not to mention that AK-47's are manufactured all over the world, not just in Russia. In fact, more are made outside Russia than in it. Just someone else making some asinine point for the sake of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Kick Butt Guys !

CX

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
On Sky News it says that French media are reporting that the lawyer for the gunman is saying that it is lies that his client has ties to terrorism, and that he found the weapons in a bag in Brussels.

One of the reasons i hate lawyers and could never do the job...you have to stand by your man for money even if it's obvious what they did. Ok you can decide not to take the case i guess, but many do take it.

If you find a bunch of weapons in a bag, you have two paths......one of handing it in and being a good person, or that of using them to kill people and taking teh path of terrorism.

His client decided to take the later option.

He is a terrorist, he made his own link to terrorism the moment he pulled that trigger and got his ass handed to him.

CX.
edit on 23/8/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CXapparently he was known by 4 different security agencies to have links with terrorist groups in Syria. I don't think the lawyer has much hope defending this guy. Also begs the question of how he got on a train tooled up for a mass murder

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This story stinks, but might be because of media idiocy. The guy was known to multiple intelligence agency it seems and managed to get an AK-47 and bring it in a train?

I'm just happy that we have no casualties.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Unfortunately, there are so many "known to intelligence services" they lack the resources to adequately monitor them all, all the time. Being "known" might just be that they are aware you've travelled to a particular place, or have mixed in certain circles, but that doesn't mean they have someone following you around all the time. In the UK, there are estimated to be thousands of potential sympathisers which means that MI5, with it's limited manpower, has to prioritise who gets all the attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Mastronaut

Unfortunately, there are so many "known to intelligence services" they lack the resources to adequately monitor them all, all the time. Being "known" might just be that they are aware you've travelled to a particular place, or have mixed in certain circles, but that doesn't mean they have someone following you around all the time. In the UK, there are estimated to be thousands of potential sympathisers which means that MI5, with it's limited manpower, has to prioritise who gets all the attention.

Well, when you board a train going across 3 nations I'd expect the need for a named ticket, in which case it shouldn't even need a human to check the event. This guy wasn't just a sympathizer, he was already known for drug smuggling and was returning from Syria, I doubt he wasn't tracked since he moved through multiple countries since then.
There is a difference between a potential sympathizer and a known one with criminal records and coming back from the country with the highest ISIS presence.

There are also a few other coincidental things in this story, like recognizing a gun reload from outisde a train's toilet, but given the need to criminalize muslims and raise fear (a usual tactic of certain sides for political reasons) it could well be just an exxagerated story rather than a false flag or a case of intelligence idiocy/lack of funding.

Whatever is the case the only thing I'm sure of is that we'll have more public money driven from real services to useless "security" services, more anti-immigration sentiments and more tension across all Europe. Propaganda at its best levels imho.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Skynews today have a story in it saying that this 'Terrorist' was just hungry and was only going to rob people for food!!

This is actually what his 'Lawyer' is saying.

Can you believe this? I bet she's one of those 'Equality' Lawyers and PC do-gooders!

news.sky.com...
edit on CDTMon, 24 Aug 2015 10:00:42 -05000000003110x142x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: forgot link

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Guess he should have sold that ak-47 to feed himself instead of going around trying to shoot people.

Just heard about this heard they were National Guard not Marines.

Anyhow good news in what could have been much worse.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There are some things that seem fishy about this whole event.

Best explained in this article:
crimesofempire.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join