It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
a reply to: Barcs

Is this picture true or false?

Is this really how man evolved according to evolution?

Is that a chimp? if so it' s very wrong. We probably came from animals that barely looked like chimps. In fact, chimps proably came from the same animal that splitted into the homo genus.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

I never saw God create a new species either, guess we can rule out creationism.

The OP also wants timelapse video to prove evolution, hmm, sounds pretty farfetched to come up with video of evolution proof. But hey, a time lapse video of creationism is easy. Poof! There Be Life, no more evolution. In fact, timelapse video might miss life forming, so there would be no proof again. Damn.

You can time lapse moths in a select environment to prove natural selection, but that is not evolution I suppose.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I never saw God create a new species either, guess we can rule out creationism.

Much better than my post which was going to consist of "Well, nope, no evidence. Guess a sky wizard did it all... there's proof of that, right?"

but now I don't have to.

OP... this topic seems to come up every 3 weeks. Why? it never ends with any resolution. You cannot have proof. I do not believe in god. So where does this leave us?

Either believing in a scientific theory which has evidence to support it via fossils and observed microevolution in places like the galapagos islands... OR.. believing in an imaginary all powerful creator that made everything all at once, and then said "On yer own chumps. Love me, or I'll let you burn in a fire for the rest of eternity... but I love you. Heres my son, kill him as a token of my compassion and love."

hmmmm..

Why do you have to choose one or the other ??

Can you not see they are equally not helping a dam thing ??

It makes you feel better knowing NOONE is messing with the Universe to control you, that is why you choose the unprovable and laughable evolution over the equally stupid official GOD story.

Both of the OFFICIAL STORIES, are there to control YOU, not to enlighten you in any way.

The scientists do not seem to realize, the parameters they are using will never reach a goal, actually many do , and they revel in it.

Like a pig in SH--

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

How do you figure the 2 stories are different in any way ??

They both say poof, they both offer no proof, they both are way oversimplified, and they both claim that no one is messing with it before or after the fact.

They both require total suspension of DEMANDS FOR PROOF.

They both insist that you do not LOOK for the proof, but offer tremendous CONTROL SYSTEMS that TELL YOU, HOW, you will look for everything.

And they both slowly give you "wisdom" in return for you shutting off your brain and accepting that everything is "NATURAL" errr "GODLY".

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

I nearly cut my foot off with a chainsaw once.

Just once.

I evolved to protect myself from harm and prolong my survival by evolving from STOOPID to wear rubber boots, to SMART to wear security boots.

I would love to you explain what mechanism was involved in making a decision that it had to evolve.

Alas, this is like asking the NIST for them to investigate things BEFORE the collapse.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It is not equally likely and I suspect you are trolling.

If cats could absorb doors on the cellular level I might have some kind of understanding of what you mean. It was a documented case of ecoli obtaining this ability through a series of beneficial mutations.

Look up and read the study. Find out what citrate is, understand microbial biology and see how nonsensical your cat opening a door analogy is.

Are you implying that the E.coli did this all on its own without any prodding ????

Or HELP.

Here is an interesting question.

Why do evolutionists need to believe that all of this has occurred in this way , and at no time at all, has some part of everything, EVOLVED and decided to interfere with the natural way of things, to cloak everything and hide the truth at some point.

How is it you have come to this conclusion????

Seeing as you consider that EVERY and ALL possibilities can happen like a grain of sand morphed into a solar system.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The Bible being DIVINE ???

This is where you are as lost as the Evolutionists, it may LOOK divine, appear to be telling things on some form of what happened...but ultimately is part of the same lie, and offers actually nothing we can use to find out what is going on here.

Only through DEBUNKING all religions, and belief systems can anyone get even near, and then they fail.

But total separation from ALL belief systems, now there, is a whole NEW opportunity and someone wants to make sure we choose all of the other forms of "half truths".

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha
Humans have head hair and the males have beards and both female and male have the genital and armpit hair. The rest of the body has natal hair/nothing that would protect within the physical elements presented as being at all reasonable. Human has no fur cover; so has to kill other specie to clothe itself (does this seem at all reasonable as a naturally selected specie)? Armored scales or thick fur would make more sense than a thin skin easily broken or cut by local grasses or tree thorns.

edit on 22-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Seems the human had to try very hard to survive its own 'natural selection' without a furry covering (FIRE) being the prime discovery.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You know there are still, to this very day, people who don't wear clothes, right?
Guess where many of them live? Never read National Geographic, huh?
edit on 8/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Evolution as biological processes: 100% proven.

Evolution as a complete theory: not 100% proven, but stacked with evidence.

Theories are based on verified facts. We know evolution happens, we just aren't sure about every detail about every organism and every time frame since fossilization is such a rare process. It will never be 100% proven as a theory. We have the theory for that reason, and doubting its validity because its not 100% proven is beyond silly.

Gravity is similar. Gravity is a fact that you can't deny, but we don't know everything about it, hence the theory of gravity.

And yes, man is still an ape.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You know there are still, to this very day, people who don't wear clothes, right?
Guess where many of them live? Never read National Geographic, huh?

Not the Inuit or anyone living within the Artic Circle; do you have a problem with the New Zealand or Australian Aborigines/New Guinea tribes people?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yes. But then, they did not evolve there. They walked.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes. But then, they did not evolve there. They walked.

Just as the Maya did; planted as star seeds from the Pleiades?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No.
They walked. From places where they evolved, not needing clothing.

edit on 8/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
I would love to you explain what mechanism was involved in making a decision that it had to evolve.

Probably the same mechanism involved in your failure to research evolution. Creatures don't decide to evolve. If you don't understand the way beneficial mutations can become dominant in a population and the way natural selection kills off the others, you probably shouldn't be commenting about evolution. Just saying.

and at no time at all, has some part of everything, EVOLVED and decided to interfere with the natural way of things, to cloak everything and hide the truth at some point.

Can you explain this in terms that make sense, please.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No.
They walked. From places where they evolved, not needing clothing.

They walked without any clothing to the sub-zero Artic Circle; thought the better of it and turned around; this would be before naked in the element figured out how to build an ice cave (igloo) and manhandle Elk into domestic obedience to be shot at will (meat and fur at one killing).

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Show us the lab results, or a time lap video of evolution, give us something besides a long born thesis. I really do want to see this evidence.

Here is a list of 207 recognized scientific journals which contain peer reviewed laboratory experiments on various aspects of evolution. Currently, there are 152,732 research papers containing laboratory experiments, data and results.
Now YOU tell us why all these lab results are wrong????

www.scimagojr.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: Frocharocha
Humans have head hair and the males have beards and both female and male have the genital and armpit hair. The rest of the body has natal hair/nothing that would protect within the physical elements presented as being at all reasonable. Human has no fur cover; so has to kill other specie to clothe itself (does this seem at all reasonable as a naturally selected specie)? Armored scales or thick fur would make more sense than a thin skin easily broken or cut by local grasses or tree thorns.

Once again, you have it completely backwards. Once humans began using animal hides for protection and warmth, the need for thick body hair went away. Since it was no longer a survival trait it played less of a role and became reduced. Then you factor in sexual selection with people preferring smoother skin and less hairy bodies for their mate. It makes perfect sense. They didn't start wearing clothes because they lost body hair, they lost body hair because they were wearing more clothes.

Seems the human had to try very hard to survive its own 'natural selection' without a furry covering (FIRE) being the prime discovery.

This means what exactly? Humans and their ancestors have had fire since homo erectus, maybe even earlier.

You know there are 4 seasons right? Humans didn't suddenly walk to the artic and realize they needed protection from the cold. Your whole scenario is laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join