It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short of a conspiracy theory? You can always blame the Jews

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So I was doing my usual catch up of the news over the last couple of days and i came accross this article entitled "Short of a conspiracy theory? You can always blame the Jews "", what has really sparked my interest is that this article makes direct mention of ATS and has been published by the Guardian. The article is written by British comedian David Baddiel who is starts of describing conspiracy theorists sayng that:

Conspiracy theory, I said in my last standup show, is how idiots get to feel like intellectuals. I still believe this: conspiracy theory is primarily a way for people, mainly men, to appear in the know, to use their collection of assumptions, generalisations, straw men and false inferences to say, effectively: ah, the wool may have been pulled over your eyes, my friend, but not mine.

Now I take issue with him saying that he is talking about "mainly men" because I know that hear on ATS there is a large female membership who follow conspiracies just as much as us men. Sadly however other than that, I can kind of see where is is coming from. You see quite often i find myself on ATS unable to fully articulate my feeling towards some conspiracy theories for fear of falling fowl to the T&Cs or rocking the boat a little to much. So simply I think he has made quite a good point by saying that conspiracy theories are used as a medium for many to feel intellectually superior.

I know this because apparently i am a blabbering idiot for not believing that the attacks of 9/11 were a huge false flag attack.

Which actually kind of brings me on to the second really good point I think he has made in saying this:

Why do so many conspiracy theories boil down to: it’s the Jews wot done it?

One simple reason is that Jews are quite hard to spot, compared with most minorities. This allows them to be unmasked, and unmasking – to be able to say, “I and no one else (apart from all my mates on abovetopsecret.com) have spotted something hidden” – is the principal drive of the conspiracy theorist. But more importantly, within racial stereotyping Jews occupy a somewhat unique position, with a two-pronged status – both low and high.

Now I am not a Jew but this is something I have seen quite a few times on ATS and elsewhere which seems to be a feature of many (but not all) conspiracies. I am sure it is no surprise to hear that the Zionists get blamed for quite a lot around this corder of the internet. In my view this is just a way for anti-Semites to legitimise their views, just like it legitimises the views of homophobes to claim homosexuals have some kind of "agenda" or are all touching your kids. Really all that happens is Jew is substituted for Zionist and then blamed for everything from 9/11 to the eurozone crisis. I think that David Baddiel sums this up very well in saying that:

Which makes the conspiracy theorist, to some extent, James Bond. So many conspiracy theories end up in some way to do with these particular imagined super-villains – even ones such as the “murder” of Princess Diana, which seem to have very little apparent benefit to the Zionists – that it’s clear some kind of antisemitism, even if unconsciously, is going on here. But that’s obscured by the self-image of the conspiracy theorist, who is, of course, the good guy, the lone hero, unmasking the secret powers of evil – even if unmasking the secret powers of evil in so many cases seems to involve saying: it’s the Jews.

If the conspiracy theorist is the good guy, this cannot be bad; therefore it cannot be racist. So we come to a position whereby for a lot of people, pointing at one small ethnic group and saying they’re responsible for all the worst things in the world is no longer racist. It’s fighting the good fight.

Anyway, I just thought this made for quite a interesting commentary on conspiracy theories in general however I am also aware that for some this may be very controversial but I do personally think the idea that just blaming the Jews for everything is a prominent theme in conspiracies that we need to tackle, it in my view amounts to Racism (to be clear under uk law, discrimination on the grounds of religion is racism, I do know this is not the same the world over).

Again I know this is a controversial topic but lets keep it on topic and civil.
edit on 18-8-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How is it any different from claiming most Christians want a theocracy?
Or that the Muslim Brotherhood is infiltrating the U.S. government?

Is that racism as well???

Always with the "antisemitism" argument.
Should be called "Short on the ability to take constructive criticism, you can always blame the racists."
Not surprising from a Zionist like David Badiel though.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The knob probably spent twenty mins on ATS.
It isn't the Jews all the time many here defend the Jews.
It's the lizard people.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not surprising from a Zionist like David Badiel though.

I think statements like this are part of the point of this thread.

you disagree with him, that's fine, but then automatically claim he is a Zionist with out any kind of substance behind the statement.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Really all that happens is Jew is substituted for Zionist...

If you said that to True Torah Jews or The Jews Against Zionism you'd be schooled instantly.

Research the two groups and then see if you can say that again.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you said that to True Torah Jews or The Jews Against Zionism you'd be schooled instantly.

I am sure I would!

But it still does not detract from my view and the views of other that very often Zionism is substituted for "Jew" to excuse a anti-Semitic view by many conspiracy theorists.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The two words that first come to mind are "pot" and "kettle."

He blames "those conspiracy theorists" for casting Jews in a negative light. It seems to me that nation of Israel can take the lion's share of blame for that negative light. Pretty much the same way the Spanish Inquisition put Christianity in a negative light.

And to be fair, there are plenty of pro-Jewish conspiracy theories out there. Some people actually believe the attack on the USS Liberty was an accident, and that Arab nations started the Seven Day War by attacking Israel. Facts don't mean much to those conspiracy theorists.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No basis???

habodror.org.uk...

Please read the first two lines of their introduction and you can extrapolate whether their alumni David Baddiel is a Zionist or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ok you're saying that people substitute the words to hide their antisemitism rather than claiming there isn't a difference.
I agree.

My bad OtherSide, reading comprehension and contextual comprehension let me down.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Do you have a link that actually shows he is a member of their alumni?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am sure I would!

But it still does not detract from my view and the views of other that very often Zionism is substituted for "Jew" to excuse a anti-Semitic view by many conspiracy theorists.

And you would be totally wrong. There are far more Christian Zionist than there are Jewish Zionist.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Maybe it is because Zionist Jews are still waiting for Christ to come and make us all bown down to their chosen superiority.

Have you listened to anything that Benjamin Nanyatu has said about the Palestinians and Iranians recently? What about the continued illegal confiscation of Palestinian lands because Zionist feel they have a God given right to the land, despite the fact they were told by Moses to live like brothers with the foreigners in the land?

The last time I checked the Palestinian Muslims worship the God of Abraham and do not sacrifice their children to Moloch. Worshipper of demons were the only ones the Jews were instructed to eradicate from Isreal.

There are Zionist Jews
There are Zionist Christians
There are Zionist Muslims

However Moses, Jesus and Mohammed were not Zionist. Zionism is a huge problem in this world. So to say that Zionist Jews are a problem is not Anti Semitic it is Anti Zionism.

I have no problem with God Loving Jews who obey the commands of Moses. I have a major problem with religious self-righteousness regardless of the religious affiliation.

Add - Watergate, Iran Contra, Fast and Furious.
To believe in conspiracies is to believe in history.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to let their governments lie to them.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you have a link that actually shows he is a member of their alumni?

Yes I do, it's in the link I shared.

Graduates of Habonim Dror UK include Sacha Baron Cohen, David Baddiel, Mike Leigh, Baroness Deech, Tony Judt, Jonathan Freedland and Dan Patterson.
Graduates of Habonim Dror worldwide include Golda Meir, Seth Rogen, Stanley Fischer, Jack Markell (Governor of Delaware), Jacques Wagner (Governor of Bahia, Brazil), Mordechai Richler and Mark Regev.

edit on 18-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Ex tags.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

sorry my bad never read that far down the page.

That is indeed a interesting find.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
The knob probably spent twenty mins on ATS.
It isn't the Jews all the time many here defend the Jews.
It's the lizard people.

Id have respected my fellow Chelsea supporter much more if he'd signed up and made it a rant where we could debate this subject.

His character assassination of ATS & conspiracy theories & anti-Imperialistic Zionism is nothing more than a hit and run.
Not admirable in the slightest.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the idea that the word Zionist is a hate slur.

It's their own chosen title, and it's their actions we deplore.

At least for me it is anyways.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If I was Springer I would send the Guardian an email showing that many on ATS actually look very hard into various conspiracies and debunk them.
Best place to check If there is any evidence for most conspiracy theory's ATS is, many members are highly educated people and lets not forget what a conspiracy is.

An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

Heck it goes on all the time in every walk of life.
He could mention the phone hacking scandal....a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If I was Springer I would send the Guardian an email showing that many on ATS actually look very hard into various conspiracies and debunk them.

You know what the more i think about it the more i think you might be onto something with this.

while yes i do think some substitute Zionist with Jew to justify being anti-Semitic he is actually generalising.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Jews will be blamed and made to be the problems of the world because God said it would be so.

Jer 29:16 Know that thus saith the LORD of the king that sitteth upon the throne of David, and of all the people that dwelleth in this city, and of your brethren that are not gone forth with you into captivity;
17 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like vile figs, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.
18 And I will persecute them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, and an astonishment, and an hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations whither I have driven them:
19 Because they have not hearkened to my words, saith the LORD, which I sent unto them by my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them; but ye would not hear, saith the LORD.

The underlines verse say that Israel ( theJews) shall be an astonishment, hissing, reproach among the nations. They will be blamed and called names made to be the root of the problems of the world.

Is not this true today?

If this be true than the rest of Scriptures must also be true.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Anti semitism based conspiracy theories are so old school that they're almost entirely outside the experience of the casual internet conspiracy buff.

This crap went out in the days of guys who look like they just got fired by IBM handing out mimeograph newsletters for the John Birch Society- it's a complete straw man attack on conspiracy.

And let's not forget that rich Americans who really were involved in financial conspiracies, such as Henry Ford, were instrumental in bringing that crap over from Europe. That's how scapegoating works- Conspirators trot out a false conspiracy theory that blames somebody else for every visible manifestation of the real conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join