It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is the view of Giordano Bruno of the profound act of spirit bounding, which I can only translate metaphorically as a "Experience of Evolution".

A bonding agent does not unite a soul to himself unless he has captured it; it is not captured unless it has been bound; he does not bind it unless he has joined himself to it; he is not joined to it unless he has approached it; he has not approached it unless he has moved; A general account of bonding he does not move unless he is attracted; he is not attracted until after he has been inclined towards or turned away; he is not inclined towards unless he desires or wants; he does not desire unless he knows; he does not know unless the object contained in a species or an image is presented to the eyes or to the ears or to the gaze of an internal sense. Bonds are brought to completion by knowledge in general, and they are woven together by feelings in general. I say ‘knowledge in general’ because it is sometimes not known which sense has captured the object, and I say ‘feelings in general’ because sometimes that is not easy to define.

For further commentary, please question anything that could be still obscure to you. I know sometimes the easiest of truths could seems as an unreadable enigma.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname
Is all knowledge and thought internal or external. If external then is it our soul we respond to too gain further knowledge

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

That what is shown forth is therefore known. The object of observation(shown forth) is considered external, however the knowledge itself could be only internal. In other worlds the way is external bit the essence internal. And yes, further knowledge is demanded from inside, then when the law of things(natural order) affirms, is is acquired by external way. Unless internal controversy conspires against the bond. Then we have a magic circle, knowledge shown forth in reoccurring manner.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname
I think I agree.
I believe knowledge is external and when the right question is asked in the right order (the path), then we get the answer externally. True the desire is from within and the knowledge is not yet known internally until asked about (desire). Surely this is done by more than merely observations. Internal controversy is just denial and truth wins over denial. If your saying knowledge is internal then we should be able to remember the future. Knowledge is external and free will is simply believe over denial.
Find the truth when you look.

edit on 16-8-2015 by chewi because: missing word

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
M'ehh. All emotions and 'bonds' are just chemical addictions to peptides created by the hypothalmus in our brain.

Yes, love is just a chemical addiction.

behavenet.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi

Find the truth when you look.

It is the truth which is looking so no seeking will find it.
'What we are looking for is what is looking'. Francis of Assisi:.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
M'ehh. All emotions and 'bonds' are just chemical addictions to peptides created by the hypothalmus in our brain.

Yes, love is just a chemical addiction.

behavenet.com...
Yeah, I see it the same way, I don't believe in 'souls' because there is not a single shred of evidence to support such a belief.
I don't say there is no such thing because equally there is no way to prove such a claim, but while there is zero evidence to support claims of souls then I don't believe.

I see the soul concept as similar to claims of gods, it gives comfort to emotionally needy folk, but has as much supporting evidence as Pixies.

top topics

join