It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders shows his true colors.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

One can't back up an offer, at least Constitutionally, without the legislative branch being on board. He didn't mention that in the offer. I don't doubt he'd try.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Sanders lost me even before he announced his candidacy.

His criticism of Netanyahu's speech to Congress, despite Netanyahu being between a rock and a hard place in that refusing Boehner's invitation would have disaffected The Republicans who have been Israel's largest supporters.

Netanyahu voiced Israel's position as their leader is obligated to. Sanders' struck me as unfair and pandering to the anti-Israeli crowd.

Yes..... Every American politician should kowtow to Israel at every moment. Anything less is unacceptable.

He has continued the class warfare by attacking 'billionaires' and the 'solutions' merely concentrate even more power to organizations rather than individuals. Unions, media, political action groups and, of course, the federal gov't.
Oh, those poor poor "billionaires". When will the oppression stop? They've had virtually everything taken away from them. Unfair system I tell ya.... Unfair

Fast forward to today's announcement offering free university tuition, if elected. Of course, at a later date, it will be found that it would be 'unfair' to make those who still have college debts to have to pay when it's would be free today and a whole new demographic has their votes purchased by even more federal freebies.

YES! I absolutely agree. Who do these college kids think they are? They need to learn what it's like to be in crushing debt at the youngest age possible. After all, it's a theme the majority of them will have to deal with for the rest of their lives anyway.

Any Republican candidate is a better option that anyone offered on the left.

lol...... ok

Why do people laugh a conservatives?
Only conservatives don't understand.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well considering the house and senate could switch to democrat in 2016 anything is possible is it not?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I prefer Rand to be honest buddy.

At least he admits he is a Zionist.

Moreover, I'm a believer that past records have no bearing on what someone does once they're in the hot seat.

Different ball game with different masters.

Ideals fly out the window, status quo becomes top of the bill. imo!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: beezzer

Free college.

FREE COLLEGE?

It'll only be "free" if we simply surrender all our assets and let government dictate what we should have, eat, where we should live.

Anyone who believes people should be charged to be educated with knowledge that is freely available to all, either comes from a generation fooled into thinking its a commodity...
Or is just too right wing to be any benefit to a nation hoping to grow in all departments.

Nice try.

But nothing in life is free.

unless you want;
Professors to work with no salary
Dorms to be heated/cooled maintained for no costs
Food to be provided at no cost
Workers to supply support services at no costs
Books to be supplied at no costs
The makers of the books to work with no pay
School suppliers to work with no pay

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

None of the candidates have talked about getting congress to do what they want.
That is a give in that they will need congresses go ahead, that is where their ability to compromise comes in.
I bet you have no idea of what Bernie would or would not do.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If Israeli Jews are against Netenyahu maybe it's worth exploring why that is, he won't be in charge forever. Instead of being upset with Sanders for boycotting his appearance at Congress, maybe you should be upset with the GOP for inviting him.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Or move some federal funds around.
First stop defense budget, we have a surplus there.

Or are there still some spiders that need a dose of democracy?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That's because you are under the false impression that you are being charged for knowledge. If it's knowledge you are after you can gain it in a library for the cost of late charges. What you are paying for is a piece of paper that says you gained what has been deemed acceptable knowledge, use of facilities, interaction, and who can do without the college experience. Or so they say. Of course there are many forms of knowledge beyond books and libraries, but not deemed acceptable.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Of course it's not free. Education costs money. But Sanders has already laid out how he plans on paying for it which isn't by charging the student the full bill, nor does it tax the average tax payer anything either. The money comes from a very small fee on specific wall street transactions. Transactions that happen many many times a day which add up to a lot of money over time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Free college.

FREE COLLEGE?

It'll only be "free" if we simply surrender all our assets and let government dictate what we should have, eat, where we should live.

Anyone who believes people should be charged to be educated with knowledge that is freely available to all, either comes from a generation fooled into thinking its a commodity...
Or is just too right wing to be any benefit to a nation hoping to grow in all departments.

Nice try.

unless you want;

Nicer try.

Professors/tutors should be paid out of taxes, along with healthcare, military, policing, fire services & nothing else.
Dorms are optional, therefore a commodity.
Food is a commodity, nothing to do with education.
What workers besides professors are you talking about?
Books fall under education and should be paid for by the government tax money long before it hits the pockets of politicians.
Who makes the books?
Schools should be adequately supplied by taxes.

But if you prefer to perpetuate the inherent inherited debt system currently under way, then I'd blame your generation rather than your political leaning.
It's all you've been "taught"...

Anything else is commie, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Regressives should be made to start from scratch...

No house, no money, no weapons, no food, zilch...
Without a single helping hand nor progressive intuition to save you.

And be forced into DIY...

Not for any political reason...

Just my own personal amusement.

Bernie is too soft on the Zionists.
Bernie will soon become too soft on the billionaires...

Same old same old. Lying politicians, even more rhetoric, standard leftright paradigm pushers agenda to garner the flock's support.

I would just like to know and understand, what do you care, being British, what the USA does or votes into elected office?

Really, why do you personally care?
edit on 14-8-2015 by notmyrealname because: komma

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or move some federal funds around.
First stop defense budget, we have a surplus there.

Or are there still some spiders that need a dose of democracy?

I've been threatened with a ban over the spiders. So you're free to mock me with impunity. I cannot retaliate.

So you honestly believe that government will cut programs to make funds available for this?

Since when has government done that.

Ever?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

True enough. Anyone with the desire to learn and access to the internet is capable of getting a Masters degree worth of education. Especially with free courses offered through avenues such as Coursera and by Universities themselves. But you don't get your foot in the door of your chosen profession even at entry level unless you have that very expensive pedigree, then factor in employers requiring credit checks and noting that you had to take out a loan to go to school... "Next!".

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

What happens in the USA affects everyone else on Earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Imagine that, a Jew pandering to the anti Israel crowd?

You lost me with your title.

That's why he'd never be president.

You think America is going to elect a jew as president and it is going to be good ol Bernie Sanderstien haa not going to happen.

link   

Government will use this to raise taxes.

We will all end up with less.

My standard of living will decrease as a result.

And you want me to cheer this on?

link   

Whats up with spiders??

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

When "I call"? Creative, but inaccurate.

Personally, I'd break every good old boy network I had to to get real jobs back and those people working.

I dislike offering freebies for votes. That's all I see here. The middle class hasn't exactly been enamored with the results of this administration and this enticement is a carrot for that middle class, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Education and training are the fundamental building blocks for our future prosperity.
Education and training are the answers to sustained and healthy productivity growth.
Education and training are the key to the break-down of entrenched inter-generational
poverty.

pmtranscripts.dpmc.gov.au...
Making education affordable for all people is an important steps toward the future unless we want to see the whole world end up like Detroit or Baltimore or any other shining examples of the education system failing

unless you want;

There would be a lot more taxes for this purpose with a larger percentage of society educated and productive....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join