It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Gravity come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

u rock man from where did u get dese theories???????man cooooooooooooooooool

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Gravity is a phenomenon that nobody really understands. But then, there are a lot of things we don't understand. Such as magnetism. That is also not understood, and is classed as a phenomenon.

Here are a few excerpts from a book which I found interesting. Then again, they also raise more questions than answers:

www.thefinaltheory.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

You are right, gravitons are the particles that carry the force we perceive as gravity.

Two things I find very interesting in the current physics of the day:

1. Gravity should be much stronger, where the hell is it all. Answer: it does not stay in our universe. It moves thru branes (universes).

2. If gravitons can move between universes and if we can control gravitons like we do for other particles, we may be able to communicate with other universes (branes), maybe like . . . - - - . . .

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

mass never EVER changes. what you should have said was WEIGHT is zero in space.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm interested in gravity. I often think that when an object falls toward the Earth it is not being pulled towards Earth, but rather pushed down to Earth by force. The question is, is what is this force.
Also, a thoery that I've been formulating for some time is going to sound idiotic to some in its' simplicity. I sense that perhaps it's not very original, although I haven't heard it postulated. My thoery is that everything is something. If it is something, it exists and has both mass and position. The mass sometimes would be infinitesimally small and the position would be fleeting. If something ceased to have mass then it would cease to exist. I do not believe that things ever cease to exist. Matter just continues to get smaller, but never,ever approaches nothingness. Mankind just does not have the capability to measure or quantify this fact. We certainly will never be able to do so, in my opinion. I've been reading in the posts that it is an accepted fact that light has no mass. Light most certainly does have mass. Energy has mass. Human thought has mass. Vision has mass. Why do they have mass? Because they exist. And since they exist, have both mass and position.Of course, these are only my opinions and I don't want to sound dogmatic. These observations just seem logical to me. gravity also has mass. Physicists keep talking about the"dark matter" that abounds in the universe, that they believe composes a vast part of the universe, but as yet, cannot be measured or identified to any great extent.
Well that's all I have to say right now. I would appreciate some opinion...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I could tell you the secret of secrets, but I would rather just guide you in the right direction...

If you dont want to learn all the mainstream science but want to understand the world around you, think of everything as if it were magnetic. Because it is.

Think about this, you have 2 sphere permanent magnets, and they are close together, NATURALY the two magnets will want to ATTRACT. Even though the magnets have the ability to repel if they face the correct way, they will naturally want to turn, and attract. This is the same as gravity.

en.wikipedia.org...
Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another.

lawofmagnetism.com...

Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses NAVPERS 10622 - Chapter 11 - Magnetism

"According to the accepted theory of magnetism, every atom and molecule has a weak north pole and a weak south pole.
Actually that is saying that atoms and molecules are tiny magnets."

Looking at the image above, you can see a basic example of how all visible matter is made of "electricity" or "magnets". The Earth, YOU, and ALL MATTER, is made of MAGNETS.

Magnets, when you combine 2 permanent magnets together, their strength combines together. More magnetic force is stronger than less.

This explains why Mass is connected to "gravity" or "attraction". The more "magnets" or "mass" that an object has, the more "attraction" it has. So very simple.

Look at the Periodic Table

education.jlab.org...

The atomic weight is basically a measurement of the total number of particles in an atom's nucleus.

The more "particles" in an atom nucleus, the more "weight" or "gravity" there is. The more "attraction" there is to other objects, because "particles" are just magnetic, and magnetic force combines together.

The most common thought that turns people away from this truth, is that "wood is not magnetic, plastic is not magnetic, etc.". That is a very uninformed thought, because ALL OBJECTS ARE MAGNETIC. However, those materials are arranged in a way that magnetic force doesn't effect them as much. It's called Permeability. For example, copper is not attracted to a traditional magnet, it is known to be "non magnetic", but it actually IS magnetic, it has a permeability of 1.2566290 × 10-6 H/m though. Steel known as "magnetic", has a permeability of 875 × 10-6 H/m, so it "acts" more magnetic. In the end, copper and steal are both magnetic, just to a different degree.

Imagine you have a huge collection of sphere magnets, and you combine them together. Some of the magnets will be facing one direction, and other magnets will be facing another direction, and all of the magnets are facing different directions. Now image you have another magnet, and use that magnet to test the other pile of magnets strength. You will see that some areas of the sphere magnet collection will repel, and other parts of the collection will attract. The attraction and repulsion of that collection of sphere magnets depends on how the magnets are arranged.

This is why wood, plastic, and metals like copper, don't "appear" to be magnetic. Their magnets are arranged in a way that they aren't effected by an external magnet. HOWEVER ALL MATERIALS ARE EFFECTED BY THE EARTH (MAGNET).

The human body is about 70% to 80% WATER.

Water is attracted to static electricity, which is just a collection of "electrons".

The Earth is negatively charged, like the balloon in the above video. And human bodies are made of water, like the water in the video above.

The Earth is used in electronics as a "true ground" because electrons love to attract to Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...(electricity)

In electronic circuit theory, a 'ground' is usually idealized as an infinite source or sink for charge, which can absorb an unlimited amount of current (electrons/magnets) without changing its potential.

The Earth is a giant collection of magnetic particles. That is why the Earth is magnetic. YOU are a giant collection of magnetic particles too..

There is knowledge about the universe that is "not accepted" in today's world, because of visual experiments that "show" other conclusions. When you base your theories on experiments using human eyes and vision only, that is like trying to figure out how a computer works by looking at the computer screen.

There is knowledge that exists, and it is hidden, yet, visible in all places. This knowledge will open the doors to all possibilities, but the human race is only a child, and not developed enough, or mature enough, to handle the knowledge. It would be like letting a child play with fire.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is gravity faster than light?
It takes 8 min for light from the Sun to reach us at Earth and about 5.3 hours to reach Pluto. The planets orbit the Sun and the sun is moving in orbit in the galaxy. If it takes 5.3 hours for gravity from the Sun to reach Pluto by the time it gets there the Sun is in a different place. After a few orbits the shear forces would remove Pluto for the solar system and maybe even other planets. Gravity's effects have to be almost instantaneous. I think it related to the Electro-Magnetic Force.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Come on! does anyone here really pay attention?

Answer: Black hole, about the size of a basket ball. The geometry of a black hole, and thus reality, is a tetrahedron, well double star tetrahedron(star of david) Giving the 19.47 hot spots, like red spot on jupiter, hawaii, cydonia, Hexagon on Saturn, all that fun stuff.

Some people that explain it:

Nassim Harramien
John Wilcock
Richard Hogland

Watch out the, the rabit hole is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Try reading up on the Unified Field Theory of Physics.....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That's the million dollar question. The top Physicists & Scientists cannot answer that question definitively so it is highly unlikely you will get a satisfying answer here. But then again, you never know. There are some pretty smart people here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I found a good one, gravity is a weak electrical interaction.

The consideration of gravity as a separate force may be superfluous, since it appears to be a naturally occurring weak electromagnetic interaction in the first place, caused by displacement of the nuclei of atomic mass downward by the upward passage of ether carriers and dissolving tubes of force, induced by the currents created by the movement of mass through space. As previously stated, gravitational mass is almost electrically balanced and neutral. If a flying saucer has an artificially created, strong, relatively negative charge, it will strongly attract relatively positive ether carriers. Of course, where this attraction is equal in every direction, the saucer will go nowhere. Since all atomic mass, elements, and compounds have net positive charges which exceed their normal negative charges, there will always be some electrical attractive force between matter and negatively charged bodies, but not enough to create electropulsion.

Down from the note about getting electricity from air patent not issued.

Ether goes through all mass and its electrical parts and might have something to do with bar magnet action as well as gravity.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i had a crazy dream that we are in a huge ocean of plasma and electrical current flows in spiraling fillaments away from an object. So like waves on the ocean the spiraling fillaments of electrical charge push objects, and that creates gravity.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
i had a crazy dream that we are in a huge ocean of plasma and electrical current flows in spiraling fillaments away from an object. So like waves on the ocean the spiraling fillaments of electrical charge push objects, and that creates gravity.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

In a way thats true but I would substitute the ether instead of plasma.
Plasma seems to be ether brought into a very high brightness.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have been thinking about gravity and magnetism.

Since every action has an equal but opposite reaction, think about gravity for a second like this.

As you sit on your chair reading this, why are you on the chair and not floating around? Because gravity acts as a force pulling/pushing you towards centre of earth. Why won't you sink to the centre of earth? because the atoms act a force on your ass, repelling you from sinking through your chair.

This means that the force gravity has on you is cancelled out by the forces that keep atoms together. The sum of these is zero, so we can assume that the same force that repels atoms from merging together must feed on something. This something is the zero point energy.

This means that gravity is not a pull force of mass, just that having mass results in a diminished field of zero point energy, which means the zero point energy tries to level out by pushing you towards where there is less zero point energy = where there is mass.

Is something wrong with this reasoning? I just came up with this idea, and am too overwhelmed by the implications that i might be overlooking something really simple

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For me, gravity is the absence of the ether. The ether is a pushing force, and when missing (ie when replaced by matter/energy), it creates an imbalance that pushes matter to the direction where the least amount of ether is. This explains many things:

-red shifting:the ether pushes galaxies away from each other.

-attraction of matter:the ether between two bodies exercises less pressure than the ether beyond the bodies.

-quantum uncertainty: each time a measurement is attempted, the ether is modified differently, thus applying different pressure and therefore different results, all within a specific range, of course, creating the probability function.

-the constant speed of light in a vacuum: if the ether is a substance, then it allows light to travel through it at a specific speed, just like any other substance, but since the ether permeats everything, we measure the speed of light as constant.

-the theory of wormholes: no ether, no substance to cross. Incidentally, this explains the huge energies required to keep the wormhole open (in the theoritical model, that is): the huge amount of pressure requires huge energy to counteract it.

-the big bang and the accelarating expansion of the universe: the ether pushes matter away. In the big bang, the safety lock was somehow removed and the ether was let loose.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join