It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of Atheism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I know there are other threads like this on here already but I thought I just give a reminder to those who are atheist and think that they are without blemish.

You know I'm really getting tired of all these atheist acting like their undies ant sh##y. Every time I turn around, I see an atheist saying crap like "well if it wasn't for religion this wouldn't be a problem" or "If God existed then why does he allow so much death" and the list goes on. The truth of the matter is that these type of people have committed more murders and genocide than all the religions combined. But of course this is something they never want to talk about.

Let's not talk about the fact that in the past 100 years, governments under the banner of atheistic communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives. The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation!

Who can deny that Stalin and Mao, not to mention Pol Pot and a host of others, all committed atrocities in the name of a Communist ideology that was explicitly atheistic? Who can dispute that they did their bloody deeds by claiming to be establishing a “new man” and a religion-free utopia? These were mass murders performed with atheism as a central part of their ideological inspiration, they were not mass murders done by people who simply happened to be atheist.

And let's not forget that the French Revolution which promoted secularism and militant atheism also resulted in various other deaths, including trampling children with horses, burning people in ovens, "Republican Marriages" (which involved stripping people naked, tying them together to a log in a suggestive fashion, and then putting them into the water to drown. In the event that there wasn't enough people of both sexes, they also resorted to "tying the knot" in a homosexual manner), cutting recently-raped girls in half after tying them to a tree, crushing pregnant women under wine pressers, cutting up pregnant women and using bayonets to stab the fetus inside before leaving her to die, "catching" infants thrown from a balcony with their bayonets, and using shotguns to ensure people bled out to death.

All I'm saying is enough already about what religion has done and how many they have killed when the truth is, Atheism has killed more than anyone out there. God forbid another one of these psycho's goes into power again. Clearly death and mass murder is the best way to have a religion free world according to them.

But hey, that's the beauty of Atheism right?

*put's on bullet proof vest and cracks a beer*

Source

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker
Are you sure you want to go here? I hope you've got a lot more "facts" than you presented in your OP.

I'll start, but I'm going to stand back and let everyone else have their turn on this one.

The Abrahamic God allegedly wiped out a whole planet of people, making Yahweh the king of mass murderers of all time. Bar none. Then he instructed Israel to commit one of the most heinous acts of genocide the world has ever known. If you believe the bible anyway. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

edit on 8/10/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Are you sure you want to go here? I hope you've got a lot more "facts" than you presented in your OP.

I'll start, but I'm going to stand back and let everyone else have their turn on this one.

The Abrahamic God allegedly wiped out a whole planet of people, making Yahweh the king of mass murderers of all time. Bar none. Then he instructed Israel to commit one of the most heinous acts of genocide the world has ever known. If you believe the bible anyway. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Is that a historical fact? Or you going to try and use a book full of fairy tales to justify the acts of Atheism? Since the Bible is fiction then that can't be true now can it?
edit on 10-8-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Howdy,

As an atheist, I find your accusation of causal correlation between atheism and genocidal tendencies a tad bit disturbing. In fact, it goes right against the apparent negative correlation between atheism and crime in more secular societies. I will not deny that some atheists have committed atrocities, and I am not well enough versed in history to say whether or not atheism is what caused your list of genocidal people to commit genocide. I don't even know if it is true whether atheistic people have killed more than "all religious people combined," but I admit I am incredulous.

That said, atheism is not an ideology; it is merely one position on one topic. As such, I find your vitriol towards such a diverse community rather hypocritical and vile. You demonize the people within the community and demand for society to withhold their rights and liberties, their voice in a democratic republic.

And to be clear on the topic, I am rather grateful for the influence religion has had on the Western nations. It is very likely indeed that science developed in the West precisely because of the religious belief of a fixed nature, of order to and laws existing in the universe. For that I am eternally grateful.

So I ask you to please reconsider your hatred for such a diverse community, to remember that all peoples are entitled to liberty, freedom, and a voice in the democratic processes. Please stop enticing people into witch hunts.

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

I'm not showing hatred, only the facts. And these are facts which can not be disputed no matter how hard they try to mask it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Is that a historical fact? Or you going to try and use a book full of fairy tales to justify the acts of Atheism? Since the Bible is fiction then that can't be true now can it?

You're the one defending religion. You don't believe their texts? Any google search will put the death toll at around 100-120 million for religion in the last 100 years or so. Historically, atheists couldn't catch up to religion if they wiped out the whole earth today. Considering religion has run this world for the last 8000 years at least, it's track record is atrocious.

But the big difference is, atheists don't claim to have the market cornered on morals and ethics. Religion however, does make that claim, over and over. So you have no room to say "You guys murder people too." But it's ok if it's done in the name of god, right?

ETA: Oops. My bad. The above death toll is for Abrahamic religions alone. It does not include the others.

edit on 8/10/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Howdy,

I do not know what facts you have presented which demonstrate a causal link between a person's position on the existence/non-existence of deities and genocidal tendencies. As a matter of fact, that is precisely the thing that needs to be demonstrated for you to make your argument.

As I have said, I do not know whether more people who are atheists have led more genocides than those people who are religious. That point is moot unless you can demonstrate that it was the position of atheism which was directly causal to the genocidal tendency in the first place.

To be clear once more, I do not see theologians' untested hypotheses as valid facts, either, which is what I saw in your Conservapedia source when it tries to provide "Explanatory Links between atheism and mass murder." The source also appeals to many other fallacies, such as false dichotomies, arguments from authority, and attempts to muddy waters through ad hominem attacls rather than the addressing of arguments.

And one point, you have actively called for the dismissal of all atheists from any positions of governmental leadership. You have constructed straw man arguments of some supposed atheist ideology that atheists subscribe to. You have called us psychos. To say you are not spewing hate is indeed audacious when considering what you have actually presented.

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

When was the last mass murder on these scales committed by religion and how many lives where taken?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You're the one defending religion. You don't believe their texts? Any google search will put the death toll at around 100-120 million for religion in the last 100 years or so. Historically, atheists couldn't catch up to religion if they wiped out the whole earth today. Considering religion has run this world for the last 8000 years at least, it's track record is atrocious.

But the big difference is, atheists don't claim to have the market cornered on morals and ethics. Religion however, does make that claim, over and over. So you have no room to say "You guys murder people too." But it's ok if it's done in the name of god, right?

Atheism and religion are no different, BOTH are part of the SAME agenda.

Both are nothing more than stealth mind control tools.

Atheism is a fabricated pseudo religion whether atheists want to admit it or not.

The entire agenda and purpose behind BOTH is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

Those who buy into it are JUST as deceived if not more than anyone who falls for religious lies.

Therefore, it all comes down to faith.

In the end, we're all the same.

We just have faith in different beliefs.

"The problem has more than its share of irony, for secularism, in the end, has converted itself into a kind of religion. Our hallowed tradition of skepticism and tolerance has grown into its near opposite, and it now partakes of precisely the same arrogance, the same irrationality and passion for certainty, the same pretense to unquestioned virtue against which its powers were once arrayed. In the desperate way we cling to belief, in our contempt for those who do not believe what we believe, secularism has, indeed, taken on the trappings of a faith-and a narrow one at that."

Secularism's Blind Faith

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Atheism is their primary weapon and it is a well-financed movement with a stealth agenda. Illuminati worship lucifer and teach that Jesus is a myth.

Satan is "god of this world" and the Cabalists goal is to destroy Christianity and all of civilization and have a world without God. This is why the Illuminati use religion in secret so effectively as a form of mind control to brainwash and control the world.

edit on 10-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

You know I'm really getting tired of all these atheist acting like their undies ant sh##y. Every time I turn around, I see an atheist saying crap like "well if it wasn't for religion this wouldn't be a problem" or "If God existed then why does he allow so much death" and the list goes on. The truth of the matter is that these type of people have committed more murders and genocide than all the religions combined. But of course this is something they never want to talk about.

Well, clearly you're not too sick of it or you wouldn't be making another thread to perpetuate it even longer.

Putting it to rest would be for both sides to admit they've both been murderous idealists now and then throughout history and to try and figure out who did more or who struck first is always a pointless endeavor. Then admit that one side is no better or worse than the other, call it a draw and move forward as equals.

But we can't have that now can we??

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I don't think so.

If Atheism is a Religion then what are the established teachings that are required???

What kinds of traditions are there in Atheism???

What are the Rules of Atheism???

What is the Order of Officials within the Atheism Religion that one must know???

What is required to become an Atheist???

What beliefs and/or practices must be followed???

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

I'd be here all day if I listed every resource but here are the generally-accepted death counts from atheist regimes of the 20th Century.

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered
Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

Again, all those deaths occurred in the last 100 years or so by people with an atheist ideology.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
a reply to: Klassified

When was the last mass murder on these scales committed by religion and how many lives where taken?

George Bush's war in Iraq. Around 1.3 million.

'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

George Bush

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

According to Hitler, he was Christian...

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Howdy,

That's a fine list, but not what is necessary to prove a causal link between atheism and genocidal tendencies. You said in your first post...

"These were mass murders performed with atheism as a central part of their ideological inspiration, they were not mass murders done by people who simply happened to be atheist." and before that...
"Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation!"

I am specifically asking you for your sources that demonstrate a CAUSAL correlation between atheism and genocidal tendencies. At best, what you provide shows only correlation between genocide and atheism, despite your assertion that these reprehensible murders and killings were not committed "by people who simply happened to be atheist[s]." That is, I kindly asked you to provide me information showing causality, not just (at best) correlation.

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am an atheist and I have no clue of the concepts You are digging up and could care less, I believe what I want to, it changes daily, there are no "set values" when it comes to atheism, we can believe what we want, THATS THE BEAUTY OF ATHEISM. I don't remember trying to convert anyone, ask them for money or invite them to my church that doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What I find interesting is how close all Theists actually are to being Atheists but just don't realize it yet. They are all 99% Atheist and 1% Theist in reality.

How can that be possible you might ask, well I'll tell you. Throughout history there have been no shortage of Gods. Well in to the thousands with just the Big Names alone let alone counting all the little gods and demi-gods. Take all the Big Name Gods from all the Religions in our history and you've gathered a massive head count.

But for this example let's take all those Gods and squish them all down to 100 of them. Now, for an Atheist, there is no belief in any of them. But if your Religious you also don't believe in any of them either, save one. Some maybe more but always at least one.

Yet most Religious followers see themselves in such a contrasted way to Atheists and yet they are only one off from being just as big of a non-believer as any atheist out there. 99% of the Gods are dismissed as wrong and just that 1% being held on to makes them feel as if they're doing something so profound.

The difference is simply the atheist has just taken that last step. Made a clean slate out of it. Do you still think we're really all that different now???

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

According to Hitler, he was Christian...

According to Hitler? SERIOUSLY?

WHY would anyone believe a single word that this man said:

"It is not truth that matters, but victory." ~ Adolf Hitler

Saying that one is a Christian or even believing that one is Christian does not make it so.

Stop believing what people say, and start judging them by their ACTIONS.

Actions speak louder than words, and talk is cheap.

It's high time we stop believing everything the authorities tell us and start thinking for ourselves.

The 50-page transcript of his interrogation, dubbed "The Red Symphony," was not meant to become public. It confirms that the Rothschild-Illuminati planned to use Communism to establish a world dictatorship of the super rich. This is perhaps the most explosive political document in modern history. It reveals why the Illuminati created Hitler and then sought to destroy him, and why Stalin made a pact with Hitler in 1939.

Why the Illuminati Created Hitler

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They treated the state like theists treated god. That seems to me a purely religious motivation, despite what dogmas they conformed to.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Hitler being Christian is just as accurate as the OP blaming atheism for the mass murderers of the 20th century. If he wants to throw mud against the wall, and see what sticks, we can play that game all day long. Whether he was or wasn't, he claims to have been from his own mouth. Atrocities committed in the name of god are a historical fact, and out number secular atrocities by such a wide margin, there's hardly a comparison to be made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join