It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer pistol whipped with his own gun. Witnesses happily take pics (warning graphic images)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

yes you are, and thank you for clearing that up for us.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sounds like you are not a cop hater.... you sound like a criminal hater.
Cops that abuse their power are criminals.

That is one reason that I would not want to be a cop. They have to walk a very tight line and it is not an easy thing to do.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That is one reason that I would not want to be a cop. They have to walk a very tight line and it is not an easy thing to do.

As much as I'd like to think I wouldn't, I'd probably be naughty. Best to avoid those temptations.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Also very true. If one guy got out and started fighting then the other one got out, the cop is in more trouble than he already was.

Or...and this is pure speculation....somebody watching joined in?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Or...and this is pure speculation....somebody watching joined in?

That was kind of my thinking. Seems he wasn't in the "right" neighborhood judging by the comments. He had his back to someone and might not even had a chance to scramble. He could have been standing there, hands up with his own gun to his head. Which set the motion of being pistol whipped and ending face down. It seems the perp was behind him, maybe from the start.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is pretty damn sad... but no more pathetic than the abuse dished out by cops day in and day out. Not all officers, of course. But if the good cops won't stand up against the bad cops, how can anyone tell the difference? What goes around comes around. It's natural law. What else can we expect?

All lives matter... Black lives... Police lives... everyone's lives. But as long as we keep picking and choosing who deserves to live or who deserves to be beaten and/or killed, everyone's life is up for grabs by someone.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RammerJammer

I love my city. A year ago, I swear race relations were not this bad. In my news feed I would never see white or black people talking negatively about another race, but it has started to become more common place. I'm worried what all this is leading up to.

Well first let me say, I'm glad you love your city. I'd guess, though I don't know, that you're a white person? Anyway, I'll run with that and advise......enjoy your city while you can.....before long it will probably be too dangerous to visit.

I love this last paragraph. Again assuming you're white, my comment would be, "Well, Todo, looks like we aren't in Kansas anymore!" Really.....didn't know that a very, very large number of Black folk hate your guts.....because you're white. Having lived all over the world, I'd have to say the baseline cluelessness on the part of the US white population is utterly stunning. Until you become an actual victim of the knock-out game, or have your 13 year old son chased home by urban thugs and set fire on his front porch as he desperately trys to enter his home, as happened in Kansas City, you never suspect, "maybe its a racial hatred thing".
BTW: I don't make this stuff up:www.nydailynews.com...

Let me give you a clue here. Part of the whole impetus this summer with Ferguson and "Blacklivesmatter" is that it gives justification to Black people to act out on their hate which their Federal Gov't is fond of reporting as "acceptable venting". At the same time, they are intimidating the cops and it won't be long before the cops just stand back and watch. They aren't going to continue to enforce the "laws" where the Black people are concerned. They'll hold back and observe and retreat and retreat and disappear. And frankly, I don't blame them. There's no upside for them in enforcing traffic laws where the suspected violator is Black.

Having said all that, I'd also note that what makes this situation odd and complicated is that a very large number of members of "Communities of Color" are some of the most empathetic people I've ever met and they in no way condone these acts of violence and deeply regret the fact that people they don't approve of do these things stating they do so on their behalf to better their lives because they are black.

But, as you've noted, things just seem to be getting worse and worse and to my mind it seems the fuse has been lit and eventually this thing is going to blow up in everyone's face.....including the faces of the most clueless. One blogger I read recently commented he likened this movement to the "Arab Spring"; in the US case, its the Urban Spring. Another likened the aggrieved black community to the Palestinians and warned the US is witnessing the beginnings of an Intifada, (uprising).

White, Black, or otherwise, if you're not a person of violence, make a plan, get out while the gettings still good because your need remember "the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike". And in this case, the "rain" will be in the form of the Federal Gov'ts response to the uprising. You don't want to get caught up in that.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is very unfortunate. It doesn't do the country, or the relationship between the public and public servants any good whatsoever. It will only take things to the next level of violence. Still, this could have gone the opposite direction very easily, and has many times. I would like to see body cam footage of this. Oh wait... there isn't any, is there?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I don't get why people are upset/surprised that everyone around just took pictures. Let me explain.

If a cop is going overboard, which they commonly do in our country, people aren't allowed to intervene. So if the cop is pistol-whipping a suspect and someone does more than take pictures, that person risks getting pistol-whipped and/or shot by said officer, on top of going to jail.

People are conditioned by police to not interfere, so people are upset that they acted the way they were conditioned?? Seems pretty stupid to me.

I'm not going to say this cop deserved it, because nobody knows if he was a good one or a bad one. But the police in our country are teaching us that they're not trustworthy, your lives are in danger when they're around, and no matter what they do, they'll get away with it. So they really shouldn't be surprised that people aren't jumping to save them in situations like this.

Is it messed up?? Yes, yes it is. But in my opinion, it's more messed up that police lost this trust due to their actions. I know not every cop is bad, but there's enough bad ones to make many in our country not trust them, as well as fear them. This is what happens because of that.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Police are People too.

Anyone screaming for harm to come to anyone should have harm come to them.

Sending Good Vibrations to the Officer and His family may they stay out of Harms way and the Divine Watch over them.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Gestas because: Sendin dem vibrations.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yea as soon as those #ing idiots stop executing people in street I'll give two pence from Sunday about their little bloody heads and Facebook and social media sob story's meant to make you feel what, sorry? Yea #en right I don't feel sorry I don't like police nor do I see them as hero's, infact I see them as assholes who get in peoples business and look for reasons to take people to jail.

Do you realize the amount of lives completely destroyed by these #en excuses for human, nah I'm not only talking about the folks executed in the streets, I'm also talking about the system that locks people up for years on end and let's them rot while some fat ass in a control box presses buttons for a egress door. I'm talking about the system that is rigged and fundlementallly meant to keep those who get caught coming back.

With the way the system works you'd think the criminal just loves prison, or can't quit it like a bad addiction to herion.Thing is he can't, the system is designed in such a way to keep living breathing people in a #ing cage. I'm not suggesting crimes aren't worthy of punishment but I am saying punishment is disproportionate to the crime committed and this sentiment is not so raging cop hater mentality in fact it's non disputable it's the #ing truth.

I was married once she broke my heart I learned from that mistake and never will be there again. Don't call 911 people, they are not your friends don't learn that lesson it could mean your life or someone you love.
edit on 8-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

If an African American is going overboard, which they commonly do in our country, people aren't allowed to intervene. So if the African American is pistol-whipping a cop and someone does more than take pictures, that person risks getting pistol-whipped and/or shot by said African American.

I'm not going to say this African American deserved it, because nobody knows if he was a good one or a bad one. But the African Americans in our country are teaching us that they're not trustworthy, your lives are in danger when they're around, and no matter what they do, they'll get away with it. So they really shouldn't be surprised that people aren't jumping to save them in situations like this.

Is it messed up?? Yes, yes it is. But in my opinion, it's more messed up that African Americans lost this trust due to their actions. I know not every African American is bad, but there's enough bad ones to make many in our country not trust them, as well as fear them. This is what happens because of that.

See how that works?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

They let anyone use the Internet these days I see.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The System is Bunk there is lack of Oversight of Police and Politicians but there are still Good Folk out there.

Said Good Folk need to Rise up and Take a Stand.

Edit: More lives are affected by serial killers, Granted some wear a Uniform but its only a Matter of time untill they are caught also.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Because any of what you ranted about justifies beating somebody.

Then again, your inability to treat a person as an individual shines perfectly clear, so I can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Police are people too
Many forget that

They get all happy that things like this and worse happen to police
They demand that the police not go after criminals of a certain color because it is racist
They demand strong and vigorous prosecution of a cop for sneezing on a criminal

What do you get?
An increase in crime

If you worked at a business
and loved your job
or this was the only job you could do
or you had to stay for financial reasons.

And your boss (the prosecutors/people)
were watching for you to slip up so that
they could fire you or even send you to jail
if they thought your slip up could send you to jail.

And you were told to look the other way if
people of a certain color messed up and
the mess up was not significant. If you called
them on their screw up then you might be
fired.

However, if the people of a certain color
spat at you, called you names to your face,
refused to cooperate, you had to let it slide
or risk losing your job.

If someone went so far at the job as to try
and destroy you or the office environment,
you would be sent to jail if you didn't stop
it, and you would be sent to jail if you did
stop it and weren't gentle enough with the
person who was doing the destruction.

What would happen?
Any employee in that situation would begin
to under perform.
To look the other way when anyone did anything
if they could look the other way.

Any employee in the situation described
above would go into self-protection mode and
go out of their way to not be where someone
would destroy them or destroy others or destroy
the office environment.

They would go out of their way if someone
attacked them to not attack back.

So don't get on the officer for not shooting
or being in a self defensive posture that led to the criminal taking his gun.

The police these days are in such a hard spot.
They can't do anything either way without risking jail for themselves.

We forget they aren't superman or robots,
they are people, real genuine people,
with real fears, and real lives and real feelings.
You can't pay someone enough to be a robot
and do everything exactly right all the time,
because people are not robots or superman.

We have put the police in such a wretched spot these days that
crime is on such an uptick in some cities that it is even dangerous to
those who hate on the police.

I have been to Birmingham enough times to know that
unless I'm driving through, don't stop, keep going.
Stay away from downtown areas if you can at all help it.

Years ago race relations were getting so much better
and I would not have said this,
nor would I have been afraid of the downtown area.
However, in the past 6 years
things have changed and race relations are quite tense and scarey.

What is happening is not the fault of police.

It is the fault of the leadership in the US
who turn people against each other at every turn;
and profit either politically or monetarily
from making race relations as bad as possible
while claiming to try to improve race relations.

The anger is misplaced, it is misplaced on the police,
and actually on the criminals also.

The anger should be directed at politicians and
leaders who are taking advantage and making
race relations worse, to make money
or to gain political advantage.

That is where your anger should be directed -
at the media, politicians, leaders
who are enticing riots and enticing hatred
for their own gain.

edit on 10Sat, 08 Aug 2015 10:07:29 -0500am80808amk086 by grandmakdw because: format grammar addition

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They let anyone use the Internet these days I see.

Is that statement supposed to have some sort of meaning? Or is it meant to just show your general disdain for what I said, k well disdain noted. Sorry about your feeling brother.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Everyone try and put yourself in the Officers shoes, One common theme that leads to Violence is misunderstanding.

There are Good and Bad in all walks of life.

It is upto the Good to stop the Bad..

As some have said that Power Corrupts and its about walking the fine line alot of stress comes with the idea alone..
Recently the Officer that was sentenced for Shooting the a man in the Face for going to drive off and fell on his ass cause he reached for the ignition to pull the keys out and drew his weapon.

Thinking Retrospectively I would have perhaps went with the Sidearm as a Go to , to intimidate we cannot say he slipped and pulled the trigger ( But that would have come with training or lack-thereof) the trigger was pulled thats the bottom line he is dead and it was pointless, but who is to say he may have suspected it was a stolen car or that he was going to draw and fire on him as he drove off either way its a fine line and sometimes stuff gets crazy even ourselves, we all have to just do our best to do the right thing, Those that deliberately do the wrong thing though.. are what Good Police officers are for so a Civilized Public need not worry about having to draw their own weapon unless they are in danger.. Instead of everyday it being Dangerous.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Because any of what you ranted about justifies beating somebody.

Then again, your inability to treat a person as an individual shines perfectly clear, so I can't say I'm surprised.

I didn't say the beating is justified I did not draw that conclusion you did. the conclusion I draw is that this is a sympathy story meant to bolster the plight of being a cop, when in reality I'm not going to jump on the cry me a river band wagon when the disgraces I pointed out are committed day in day out from a failed justice system. No the man doesn't deserve to be beaten, yes the story is meant to pull on my heart strings and it's not working.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Can anyone translate the one Facebook post for me? I know what most of the 'words' mean, but I am not sure of the idea being conveyed by the sentence.

lmao dumbass cracker dats for da red bit

It means there was a guy in their hood who they referred to as "red", who was involved in an altercation with the police, and the officer who got pistol whipped was responsible because he shares the same skin color and job title... duh.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join