It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama officer kept job after proposal to murder black man and hide evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
An interesting story from Alabama.

Warning, Lots of "strong language" in the article. I will only a couple of sentences, see link for full details:

Alabama officer kept job after proposal to murder black man and hide evidence
www.theguardian.com...

Secret recording played for local officials, in which police officer says resident ‘needs a god damn bullet’, resulted in $35,000 payout to prevent man from suing.

A police officer in Alabama proposed murdering a black resident and creating bogus evidence to suggest the killing was in self-defence, the Guardian has learned.

Officer Troy Middlebrooks kept his job and continues to patrol Alexander City after authorities there paid the man $35,000 to avoid being publicly sued over the incident.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Biggest joke about this thread, is that you say it like this behavior is somehow uncommon.

Bunch of thug criminals, every single one of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Is there a correlation of hiring ex-Irag/ex-Afghanistan service people with police brutality? Why have we heard so much about police malconduct lately? At least past 5 years.
This is getting our of hand. As a victim of police brutality myself, stand up for your rights.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Just enough money to get the hell out of town before somebody gives this cop a wink and a nod.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
Is there a correlation of hiring ex-Irag/ex-Afghanistan service people with police brutality?

I sincerely believe that what you're noticing is the end result of people all having cell phones with cameras and internet access. It was always thus.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

wow. wow.

and I love seeing how LEO sympathizers think the 'bad cops' are just the few in the midst of the many good ones.
I think its the other way around, there are only a few good LEOs left in the midst of the thousand demented and sick ones.

and this man is still on the force, serving and protecting... along with a terrible chemical imbalance in his head ready to kill at the opportune moment.

anyone defending this terrorist is no better than him.

FML...

how quick we are to go after nations who 'harbor' terrorists, but we protect ours with high priced lawyers, crooked police chiefs and technicalities. SMH I wont sleep tonight.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Is there a correlation of hiring ex-Irag/ex-Afghanistan service people with police brutality?

I sincerely believe that what you're noticing is the end result of people all having cell phones with cameras and internet access. It was always thus.

I tend to agree with you.....there is just no way of knowing how many cover ups happened before the age of camera phone....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Officer Troy Middlebrooks kept his job and continues to patrol Alexander City after authorities there paid the man $35,000 to avoid being publicly sued over the incident.

Why wasn't he criminally charged?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Why, he's a good ol' boah! Ain't done nothin' wrong! He's jus' funnin'!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Doesn't sound like a great defense strategy.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

In Alabama, it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Well yeah, if you have morals.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No it's not, Smee.

Go to bed.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No it's not, Smee.

Go to bed.

Naw. All he's done is the discussion part of the conspiracy to deprive the man of his civil rights. We's still a'waitin for the overt act.

ps - it's weird when other people call me Smee. That is my new moniker at one of my workplaces, however, thus the avatar. Also, that's sort of what I look like.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I always want to threaten you with the boo box when you say something I disagree with.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Biggest joke about this thread, is that you say it like this behavior is somehow uncommon.

Bunch of thug criminals, every single one of them.

I agree...So what is the solution? How does any community rid their streets of unjust cops? Where do you start? Aske the not to hire military vets? Can't do that. So please tell me how it is you can put the right individuals in the posistion without costing the state an exorborant amount of money to test them for psych probles and other issues.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I tend to agree with you.....there is just no way of knowing how many cover ups happened before the age of camera phone....

The camera phone has brought a great advantage to the populace. But..If a cop pulled his gun on you and took it from you and ended up destroying it. What could you do? Your word would never be anything when compared to a cop's. I know, I had 3 friends wrongfully imprisoned for 3 days and put in court for a disorderly house and procurring to minors. Know why? Because several of age people witnessed an undercover cop tackle and beat an innocent 18-20 year old on camera phone in 2007, it was confiscated and smashed on site and we all called him out for it ( we never left my friends property, the action was in the street and we were recording it from his porch).

What would you do if you saw a black pickup pull up next to a skatebaorader at 1 a.m. and then get out of the truck, tackle him, punch him in the back of the head a few times, handcuff him and then punch him agaian? Well me and my friends were on our front porch having some brews and called him out and said how messed up it was. He pointed his gun at my friends face and asked to look inside, to hand over his camera.

Backup came and I was calling this prick out from step one. I said if he openened the door he would lose his case, that we would show our ID's prior to him entering the"empty" house, but he kicked it in to find nothing or noone illegal. But guess what, he falsified his reports and they didn't match with the other officers. I was a witness at the hearing, didn't even have to speak, the cops did, and their story didn't add up and was dismissed. Therefore they lied out of their ass.

So this prick cop didn't get in trouble for it, we all were just off the hook; except the skateboard kid, I think he got an MIP even though, he was treated unjustly and beaten for no good reason.
edit on 6-8-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Yeah that's messed up,i have also seen it first hand,ive been screwed the court system has nothing to do with seeking the truth,my story doesn't compare to a guy i went to tafe with,he did 9 months for something he didn't do,one cop took it on himself to 'create circumstances' ...anyhow he has been exonerated and cashed up with an out of court settlement.. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
and I love seeing how LEO sympathizers think the 'bad cops' are just the few in the midst of the many good ones.
I think its the other way around, there are only a few good LEOs left in the midst of the thousand demented and sick ones.

Now consider this... all of those local officers, senior officers, new recruits, they all know about this and do nothing, say nothing, continue to work with someone who actually suggested murdering someone and planting evidence to excuse the crime, and all while there is massive outrage across the country.

How can anyone trust the characters of anyone else in that police department, knowing that they choose to do absolutely nothing about this individual?

This is not just "a few bad apples", it's a few bad apples being protected by hundreds of other bad apples who would rather do and say nothing against their colleague than maintain any semblance of morality, ethics, or basic professionalism.

When you have a whole police department doing nothing about individuals like this, they are ALL bad apples.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

So please tell me how it is you can put the right individuals in the posistion without costing the state an exorborant amount of money to test them for psych probles and other issues.

How much is too much not to be used for target practice? How much are we willing to pay to keep these psychos off the street and away from our loved ones? Screw the cost. Use some of that money they spend on the nifty toys they use on us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join