It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking From NASA! "Mysterious Group of Asteroids."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

www.nasa.gov...

Guys, really? "Mysterious group of asteroids?"

4 of them, same size, shape and perfectly aligned??? Never seen anything like this before...
edit on 3-8-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88

www.nasa.gov...

Guys, really? "Mysterious group of asteroids?"

4 of them, same size, shape and perfectly aligned??? Never seen anything like this before...

The four horseman of the apocalypse?

posting to keep track of this thread. cool find.
edit on 3-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

Where does it say they are the same size and shape? Oh, wait, you're just guessing about that, because of the picture...*sigh*

As for their "alignment", if they were formed from the same collision, of course they are going to be "aligned" due to conservation of momentum.

Edit: Never mind. There is nothing aligned. It's a time-lapse image. Thanks, Chadwickus.

edit on 8/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

God doesn't play dice with the universe. But now we know She has one of these:

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It's a timelapse image..

The asteroid Euphrosyne glides across a field of background stars in this time-lapse view from NASA's WISE spacecraft. WISE obtained the images used to create this view over a period of about a day around May 17, 2010, during which it observed the asteroid four times.

...The moving asteroid appears as a string of red dots because it is much cooler than the distant background stars. Stars have temperatures in the thousands of degrees, but the asteroid is cooler than room temperature. Thus the stars are represented by shorter wavelength (hotter) blue colors in this view, while the asteroid is shown in longer wavelength (cooler) reddish colors.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/8/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Reminds me of the beginning of the "Fear" saga, with the first book "Fear the Sky"

In eleven years time, a million members of an alien race will arrive at Earth. Years before they enter orbit, their approach will be announced by the flare of a thousand flames in the sky, their ships’ huge engines burning hard to slow them from the vast speeds needed to cross interstellar space.

These foreboding lights will shine in our night sky like new stars, getting ever brighter until they outshine even the sun, casting ominous shadows and banishing the night until they suddenly blink out.

Their technology is vastly superior to ours, and they know they cannot possibly lose the coming conflict. But they, like us, have found no answer to the destructive force of the atom, and they have no intention of facing the onslaught of our primitive nuclear arsenal, or the devastation it would wreak on the planet they crave.

So they have flung out an advanced party in front of them, hidden within one of the countless asteroids randomly roaming the void.

They do not want us, they want our planet. Their Agents are arriving.

Amazon

In the book, aliens hide an advance covert scouting party inside asteroids that hit earth. They're all the same size and density...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

So much for that alignment, eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's a timelapse image..

The asteroid Euphrosyne glides across a field of background stars in this time-lapse view from NASA's WISE spacecraft. WISE obtained the images used to create this view over a period of about a day around May 17, 2010, during which it observed the asteroid four times.

...The moving asteroid appears as a string of red dots because it is much cooler than the distant background stars. Stars have temperatures in the thousands of degrees, but the asteroid is cooler than room temperature. Thus the stars are represented by shorter wavelength (hotter) blue colors in this view, while the asteroid is shown in longer wavelength (cooler) reddish colors.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

apparently its more than one ....

High above the plane of our solar system, near the asteroid-rich abyss between Mars and Jupiter, scientists have found a unique family of space rocks. These interplanetary oddballs are the Euphrosyne (pronounced you-FROH-seh-nee) asteroids, and by any measure they have been distant, dark and mysterious -- until now.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Yes, he did. Apparently, however, you didn't read the link he posted, which contains the original caption for the image:

The article in the OP may be referring to multiple objects, but the image is of a single asteroid.
edit on 8/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I did.

Did you?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh, that book I mentioned? It's actually really good -- I did the audiobook on a whim not knowing anything about it with my audible credit. I think a lot of ATS types might dig it. I'm pissed the 2nd audiobook isn't out yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Yes, he did. Apparently, however, you didn't read the link he posted, which contains the original caption for the image:

The article in the OP may be referring to multiple objects, but the image is of a single asteroid.

yep I have edited my mistake .

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I did.

Did you?

Correction made

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yes, they are. The same single asteroid, shown 4 times.

Sorry, OP.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Yes, they are. The same single asteroid, shown 4 times.

Sorry, OP.

Actually the OP was right , however the picture does not really fit the story line , the title of Op's link.

Tracking A Mysterious Group of Asteroid Outcasts

Distributed at the outer edge of the asteroid belt, the Euphrosynes have an unusual orbital path that juts well above the ecliptic, the equator of the solar system. The asteroid after which they are named, Euphrosyne -- for an ancient Greek goddess of mirth -- is about 156 miles (260 kilometers) across and is one of the 10 largest asteroids in the main belt. Current-day Euphrosyne is thought to be a remnant of a massive collision about 700 million years ago that formed the family of smaller asteroids bearing its name. Scientists think this event was one of the last great collisions in the solar system.

their is a group of them with the same name .

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've got a shiny thing in another thread; four of them actually….

Nice find.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

All good.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
I've got a shiny thing in another thread; four of them actually….

Nice find.

It would be a nice find if it were really four asteroids perfectly aligned -- but that's not what it is.

The image in the OP is a timelapse image of one asteroid (four exposures showing the trajectory of one asteroid).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Seems similar to this:

Shoemaker/Levy on its course to Jupiter. Just a comet broken up by gravitational causes not too long ago so the parts didn't leave yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Where does it say they are the same size and shape? Oh, wait, you're just guessing about that, because of the picture...*sigh*

HAHAHAHHAHA Funniest thing ive read in ages.
Thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join