It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beloved Hitchhiking Robot Traveled Half Way Across World Destroyed by Philadelphia Vandals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Why in the rant forum you might ask?

Because I guessed this might happen and it did so I'm pissed. All the way across Canada, Germany and Norway before meeting the end in only 2 weeks in the US. The project was met to unite, share and bring a message of unity across the World but there will be none of that in America.
No sir. No way.

A hitchhiking robot that traveled across the expanse of Canada, Germany, and Norway without glitches lasted only two weeks into its sojourn across the U.S. before vandals in Philadelphia destroyed it, running off with its head. According to The Star, the remains of HitchBOT were discovered in the streets of Philadelphia with its hitchhiking arms and head ripped off, and the head missing. Story:

Have a look at the enjoyment had by so many.

Until the American leg of the trip that is.

Twitter Page

Sometimes I hate being right.

Jude

edit on 3-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Unfortunetly this doesnt come as a shock. The Robot should of been outfitted with a self defense mechanism before taking the US leg of the trip. Philadelphia isn't exactly a stroll in the park. I would of liked to have seen this succeed.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'll join you in the rant. This just makes me so mad, but I gotta say, I'm not a bit surprised, we have so many morons in the USA.

People who have no regard for anything decent, destroying others property and they think it's funny.

I could compile a really big list of things I've seen people do out of sheer meanness over the years as I'm sure we all can.

Destroying property, torturing pets, stealing wheelchairs from handicapped people. Destroying landscaping for fun. Tearing down signs, breaking windows.

This story sure says volumes about us.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

a reply to: jude11
Hitch-Bot Destroyed by Philadelphia Vandals

R.I.P Hitch-Bot
edit on 3-8-2015 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Unfortunetly this doesnt come as a shock. The Robot should of been outfitted with a self defense mechanism before taking the US leg of the trip. Philadelphia isn't exactly a stroll in the park. I would of liked to have seen this succeed.

Another poster on another site suggested the robot would have been better off traveling and passed along by truckers.

I agree.

Jude

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am hitchbot! .

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

There are mindless people in every country the fact it happened in your country is no real reflection upon it.
It's sad it ended like that but that's the world we live in , at least Hitchbot had an interesting time while he was with us , I'm sure he connected with many people.

Celebrate his life , envy his travels.

edit on 3-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Perfect spot for this thread because I'm pissed too. I'm not surprised but was hoping for #s sake that "the people" here could at least let the bot do it's thang. #ing idiots that did this are the one's that have ruined Philly and parts of America.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Was it a transgender robot ? A conservative ? A liberal robot ? Did the robot arbored the confederate flag ? Or maybe the poor robot was shot by a cop ?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I am hitchbot! .

We are all hitchbot.

Stay classy America!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
Was it a transgender robot ? A conservative ? A liberal robot ? Did the robot arbored the confederate flag ? Or maybe the poor robot was shot by a cop ?

Maybe if Hitchbot had a gun???

Erm... No, forget about it...

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The United States we remember is only that, a memory. Anonimity on the internet, on the highway, and in the cities has fostered a dog eat dog mentality. No longer are strangers kind or the least bit caring. It's the Rare occurrence that someone does anything for others, and more often than not its a shoving match to get the 'prize'. Hatred, jelousy and just plain meanness abound.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm picturing that scene from chappie when the kids try to destroy him. But seriously what did they expect

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

HitchBOT's co-creators say they have been overwhelmed with support and offers to revive the child-sized robot since it was destroyed early Saturday and they are considering rebuilding it.

www.cbc.ca...

But, this time don't send the robot to Philadelphia, PA.

Maybe this time let it start its journey in Colorado where I am sure no harm will befall it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
And people wonder why the aliens don't land...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What was his country of origin....if he was an illegal alien with out the proper documentation, then he got what he deserved. Were tired of furiners comin here and raping and spreading disease and taking merican jobs.

Trump in 16!!!

www.esquire.com...
edit on 3-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
As anyone who has travelled to Philthadelpia can attest, this is not a surprise.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arcadiaestate
I'm picturing that scene from chappie when the kids try to destroy him. But seriously what did they expect

I think they expected this but what started out was most likely hope in being wrong.

Jude

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As anyone who has travelled to Philthadelpia can attest, this is not a surprise.

Not the city of brotherly love I guess.

Jude

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Not the city of brotherly love I guess.

Not if your 'brother' happens to be wearing a hat that does not say 'Eagles' or 'Phillies'.

He should expect to be pelted with coins and/or mustard-coated chunks of pretzel in that case.

edit on 3-8-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join