It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I mean do you people ever listen to yourselves and try and verify the things you say. Or go through them and try to put them all together without having any contradictions???

Excellent question.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

he is Jealous in so much as he wants your acknowledgement of being your God and or that he exists and that none other should be perceived as such...

but still so loving he won't make you or force you to believe in him...

Jealous just like that....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

but still so loving he won't make you or force you to believe in him...
...or give you any real, visible, temporal reason to believe any of the stories about "him", ever.......

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

more evidence of a closed system which is evidence of creation...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: peter vlar

i said there was more being debated and I suppose much is supposed but I don't remember ever hearing it is a fact we evolved from monkeys or apes...

Good, because no Anthropologist or Evolutionary Biologist I've ever worked with thinks that we have evolved from monkeys or apes. We share common ancestry with the other apes(Chimpanzee, bonobo, Gorilla, Orangutan) but we didn't descend from them. Perhaps brushing up on what the theories state ahead of time wouldn't be a terrible idea?

but it is fact there is no evidence that can prove so...

Incorrect. Again, in addition to the fossil record, the genetic data makes it a slam dunk. There is no arguing against the shared ancestry, like it or not it is indeed a fact.

I had a source and the information is accepted as fact...

None of what you stated was an accepted fact. Not a single word of it.

Is this your first week on the internet or something? I'm having a hard time believing your a real person and not just a troll based on the insanity and lack of logic in the vast majority of your posts here. After all, you did state earlier that you just like to argue.

I'm sorry if it comes off as a dig at you as opposed to your lack of evidence, but you seem either incredibly naïve or willfully ignorant. You don't walk into a debate, make claims and then get to refuse to provide appropriate citations and still expect to be taken with even the smallest grain of seriousness. And yes... thanks to aorAki...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...we all know that you have merely quote mined Duane Gish, creator of the world famous Gish Gallop which you seem to be familiar with. Gish can say whatever he wants but when it comes to evolution in general and Neanderthal in particular, he hasn't got the foggiest clue what he's talking about.

Reading through that lovely piece written by the illustrious Dr. Gish, it seems to be the source material for a great deal of your own written work in this thread. Is that a coincidence?

My bad for not providing a link I did not claim to have Been the one who had proven said facts...

But you're using that information to support your contention that all of this is true when in fact it is not. You were wrong on every single count and now refuse to substantiate your claims yet continue to assert them as facts. It's absolute insanity and completely incorrect. It's just intellectually dishonest to make claims, state that you had a source and then refuse to provide that citation. It's even worse when you plagiarize the material and then don't give proper credit. And yes, I saw your reply to the charge of plagiarism. The simple fact is that you really didn't change much at all from the source material. If you tried that at a university, you would be expelled.

But honestly, I'm not really interested in that, it's par for the course in this forum. I'm more interested in the fact that you refuse to cite your source material and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge your errors or address them appropriately. It's no different than 20+ pages back, poster Bluejay tried to claim that the Christian god was THE true god because a couple of supposed prophesies seemed to have come true so therefore the Bible was the most truthful document in the land. Yet when I pointed to many more alleged prophesies that never came true, the poster turned tail and ran for the hills and never responded. It's befuddling to me how people can make such wild claims and then not support them in any way. Own your assertions and give citations or admit your errors. Is that really so much to ask?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

mmm......not following.
That does not compute.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Here is another way of looking at that...

You are an older woman I am assuming this because of my age...

We meet at a doorway to a store at the same time...

should I show you respect as my elder and a woman by opening the door for you?

or should I demand you open the door for me?

or in other words demand your respect...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The only time God/religion matters to me is in politics.

I don't need or want to be legislated by someone else's moral code.

I don't want science held back because of someone else's moral code.

Believe what you want, just stay out of my life.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: TheChrome

so what?

There are plenty of hi IQ people who choose to believe in religion, occult, chemtrails, and other nonsense......IQ dose not correspond with anything except hi IQ, and at least Annee is honest enough to acknowledge her limitations and let someone else explain something

You are correct. IQ means nothing. And I would not normally talk about such things. If you think all things coming from the scientific community are true and factual because they are smart, think again.

I think that things coming from science are true and factualy correct because they have followed the scientific method and are the best we know at the moment.

The IQ of the people who did the work is of no importance.

I posted that comment for a reason.

appeal to authority??

You should not blindly follow all things that you are told. Rather, do research and examine whether there is truth and facts behind the scenario.

it is a foolish thing to require people to do all their own research to establish the objective truth of absolutely anything - you saying it should be so is evidence of the stupidity that high IQ can engender!!

Hence I shall not believe what you tell me

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Respect can not be demanded. It has to be earned.

And, it's all the same to me whether you open the door and hold it for me, or if I go in and hold it open for you. It's common courtesy. Manners.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I said there was no proof man evolved from apes or monkeys thank you for clarifying and validating that...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Or in other words God needs to earn your respect...

Gotcha

I would of course out of respect open the door for you...

You wouldn't have to earn it at all...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I said there was no proof man evolved from apes or monkeys thank you for clarifying and validating that...

You have been told that at least twice before hand.

There can't be proof of something that didn't happen - well done for finally getting something right!

edit on 11-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There is also no proof that your God exists....now how about validating that. It is established that humans evolved from a common ancestor of the great apes.

There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of your "God."

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Here is another way of looking at that...

You are an older woman I am assuming this because of my age...

We meet at a doorway to a store at the same time...

should I show you respect as my elder and a woman by opening the door for you?

or should I demand you open the door for me?

or in other words demand your respect...

That would be demanding authority not respect. You can't demand respect from anyone. It doesn't work that way. You can make them follow your command (athority) but respect is a condition that is not under your control. Respect is something given by one person to another and is usually earned somehow but not always.

You can't make someone respect you. The closest you'll get is getting them to obey your or fear you. That has close the same result in their outward behavior but for entirely different reasons.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yep, "God" needs to earn my respect. And if I got to the door first, I would hold it open for you. I don't care if you're older, younger, white, black, brown, male, female, or anything. It's just who I am. Don't even care if you say "thank you."

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

All I clarified was that you are talking out your a$$ and don't know anything about evolutionary theory. NOBODY except for creationists, claims that humans evolved from apes. Can you let that sink in for just a moment or no? And it's good to see that you still refuse to provide citations or address any of your factual errors. There's really no need to continue here as you are indeed a troll posting for your own amusement. Thanks for clarifying that for everyone.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I mean do you people ever listen to yourselves and try and verify the things you say. Or go through them and try to put them all together without having any contradictions??? It can't be done.

It's all about whether or not you are seeking God, or rejecting him
in regards to any ability, you may or may not have for understanding
anything about him. Same as any basic relationship really.
edit on Rpm81115v56201500000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome

a reply to: TheChrome

so what?

There are plenty of hi IQ people who choose to believe in religion, occult, chemtrails, and other nonsense......IQ dose not correspond with anything except hi IQ, and at least Annee is honest enough to acknowledge her limitations and let someone else explain something

You are correct. IQ means nothing. And I would not normally talk about such things. If you think all things coming from the scientific community are true and factual because they are smart, think again.

I think that things coming from science are true and factualy correct because they have followed the scientific method and are the best we know at the moment.

The IQ of the people who did the work is of no importance.

I posted that comment for a reason.

appeal to authority??

You should not blindly follow all things that you are told. Rather, do research and examine whether there is truth and facts behind the scenario.

it is a foolish thing to require people to do all their own research to establish the objective truth of absolutely anything - you saying it should be so is evidence of the stupidity that high IQ can engender!!

Hence I shall not believe what you tell me

Correct in the sense that scientists mostly only get paid by the government and special interest groups. The results better prove to be in line with those who give them their grants. Otherwise, scientists generally would be out of work.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

But randy, why should we go out of our way to "find" the demanding "God" that stays so hidden, elusive, and absent?
We're supposed to "respect" someone we've only heard of, never seen, never spoken to, and who has never done anything to try to be 'found'? (And you know I don't think "God" is a person - or anything like a 'person' in any way at all.)

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join