It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm just going to post songs in this thread from now on:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I appreciate TheCrome comments it has been a while since I have had peer support in the ATS minefield of scorn and ridicule.

I wanted to add Jesus Christ believed not in evolution but in creation, he should know he was there observing and making it happen.

Matthew 19:4

Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.'

I actually think many Christians today are waffling under this barrage of pressure to believe we evolved from genderless entities, as we have seen on ATS over the years, in the end they just need to read this scripture and believe what Jesus said over scientists. It really is that simple for a person of faith.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I appreciate TheCrome comments it has been a while since I have had peer support in the ATS minefield of scorn and ridicule.

I wanted to add Jesus Christ believed not in evolution but in creation, he should know he was there observing and making it happen.

Matthew 19:4

Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.'

I actually think many Christians today are waffling under this barrage of pressure to believe we evolved from genderless entities, as we have seen on ATS over the years, in the end they just need to read this scripture and believe what Jesus said over scientists. It really is that simple for a person of faith.

The real problem is: most people have not read the bible. I don't think the majority of those who have the title "Ordained Minister" have ever read the bible. Atheists, are generally debating people who have never read the bible, and are clueless. When they start entering the territory of those who actually know the bible and history and science, they lose with facts.
edit on 12-8-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Unfortunately for you, you have no proof other than your faith:

It's not a concession. It's a song

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

They always prove my point.
He doesn't even grasp the basics of evolution. They never do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Wrong you will find many atheists are atheist because they have read the bible plus anti theists because we want to know what we fight against.
Pity people who don't believe in evolution don't do the same.

www.quora.com...

The religious know less about their own religion then Atheists and agnostics...
Obvious when yout think about it.
edit on 12-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

[hey, this is fun!!]

Oh, and Cheers! [wine for me tonight]
edit on 12-8-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Wrong you will find many atheists are atheist because they have read the bible plus anti theists because we want to know what we fight against.
Pity people who don't believe in evolution don't do the same.

www.quora.com...

You do have some sort of a point. Obviously atheists have figured out certain things by scientific and historical evidence. I am a believer in a one faith system, God isn't schitzo is he? So atheists generally know the facts of some things, yet don't understand how that plugs into the big picture. On the inverse side, the things atheists know, are not known by many religious folks. It's a shame. Somewhere in between is the absolute truth of the universe. I hope you recognize it one day.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I don't think God is schitzo at all but If you follow a man made version of him Yes they come across as schizo.
Some claim to know when not one person ever has known God maybe we do in the next life.
I can't explain my feeling why God exists but I will not lie and tell others what God knows and wants like religion does.
edit on 12-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
Atheists, are generally debating people who have never read the bible, and are clueless.

You're quite fond of broad sweeping generalizations it seems, no? I have found that most atheists and agnostics (yes, you seem to lump everyone who is not a devout believer in some entity, in as Atheists while ignoring that far more are agnostic but I digress...) have come from very religious homes and are actually quite well versed in scripture from more than one theological school. I myself grew up in a Catholic home, went to Catholic school, was an altar boy for many years, went to church 6 days per week and nearly made my Irish Catholic grandmother an ecstatic woman when I considered the Seminary when I was 17. While I may not be as familiar as I once was and can't quote from memory any more, I'm still a good deal more knowledgeable than many Christians seem to be. The difference here is that I don't prejudge them all. I don't kowtow to arrogance until they make asinine claims like your friend Blue_Jay33 who consistently makes errant claims based on scripture and then runs like brimstone is raining down upon them when confronted with the truth of their errant thoughts. Perhaps you should step down off of your soapbox and cease your self pious homilies and instead judge individuals on their own merits as opposed to just sweeping everyone under the same carpet.

When they start entering the territory of those who actually know the bible and history and science, they lose with facts.

I tell you what, when the day comes that the territory you describe begins to exist, let me know and I'll stop in for a visit. Until then, I wish you well and hope that your faith guides you well along your journey. But please stop confusing faith with fact. Nobody on the creation side of the coin has demonstrated a single fact in over 80 pages of this thread let alone supported the thesis of the OP. You've got a lot of opinions and some great rationalizations, no doubt about it. But facts? Haven't seen one yet from that side of the aisle. Feel free to PM me if they appear though, I'm always interested in broadening my knowledge base. As yet, there are far more misconceptions about science than there are opinions on the proof or evidence of a creator entity of any religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I don't think God is schitzo at all but If you follow a man made version of him Yes they come across as schizo.
Some claim to know when not one person ever has known God maybe we do in the next life.
I can't explain my feeling why God exists but I will not lie and tell others what God knows and wants like religion does.

Keep searching. Perhaps you will find what I have one day.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I have a question for you...

At what point in a catholic mass is Christ present?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

IF he is present at all you better prove it after he answers.
Otherwise the answer is never.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: TheChrome
Atheists, are generally debating people who have never read the bible, and are clueless.

You're quite fond of broad sweeping generalizations it seems, no? I have found that most atheists and agnostics (yes, you seem to lump everyone who is not a devout believer in some entity, in as Atheists while ignoring that far more are agnostic but I digress...) have come from very religious homes and are actually quite well versed in scripture from more than one theological school. I myself grew up in a Catholic home, went to Catholic school, was an altar boy for many years, went to church 6 days per week and nearly made my Irish Catholic grandmother an ecstatic woman when I considered the Seminary when I was 17. While I may not be as familiar as I once was and can't quote from memory any more, I'm still a good deal more knowledgeable than many Christians seem to be. The difference here is that I don't prejudge them all. I don't kowtow to arrogance until they make asinine claims like your friend Blue_Jay33 who consistently makes errant claims based on scripture and then runs like brimstone is raining down upon them when confronted with the truth of their errant thoughts. Perhaps you should step down off of your soapbox and cease your self pious homilies and instead judge individuals on their own merits as opposed to just sweeping everyone under the same carpet.

When they start entering the territory of those who actually know the bible and history and science, they lose with facts.

I tell you what, when the day comes that the territory you describe begins to exist, let me know and I'll stop in for a visit. Until then, I wish you well and hope that your faith guides you well along your journey. But please stop confusing faith with fact. Nobody on the creation side of the coin has demonstrated a single fact in over 80 pages of this thread let alone supported the thesis of the OP. You've got a lot of opinions and some great rationalizations, no doubt about it. But facts? Haven't seen one yet from that side of the aisle. Feel free to PM me if they appear though, I'm always interested in broadening my knowledge base. As yet, there are far more misconceptions about science than there are opinions on the proof or evidence of a creator entity of any religion.

I understand your position. In the context of this forum I am assertive, if folks are offended, then they should learn what I was taught when I was young. "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." If folks cannot take a debate, they are pussies. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

As soon as he is done looking up the answer I will prob have a diff more accurate answer...

This of course is not able to be proven and is based in faith I figured he was so well learned in the catholic faith that he would spit out an answer with little effort...

Not waiting forever going to sleep soon...

edit on 12-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

(post by peter vlar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

The most correct answer is the moment 2 or more who Believe in Christ are present...

By his own words...

So you are not correct...

All I have tomorrow is windows and doors...

Waiting on new a new foundation to be ready...

Aside from that I sleep no more than 5 hours a nite...

edit on 12-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So you are a catholic?.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

The most correct answer is the moment 2 or more who Believe in Christ are present...

By his own words...

So you are not correct...

Got a link?

I mean, some proof that's correct?

new topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86 >>

join