It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Snakes Wrapped Around A Pole?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeviantMortal
Some people believe it to based on the "13th Zodiac Sign" and it is linked to Imhotep who oddly enough had advanced understanding of medicine for his time.

hear me man. its all the same. everything is all the same. all the religions are all the same. the message is always also the same. symbols and numerology, fictional truth stories created to explain the parado of existence and the purpose of life and how to achieve spiritual transcendence of this world. jesus and the 12 disciples total.. 13. and jesus being number 13 is at the head of the 12 and encompasses them all in his oneness. thus in the last supper he is placed in the middle. 6 on the left.. 6 on the right creating the secret symbol and key to the universe.... balance. so at this table, the head sits at the centre possessing a dual nature that links and acts as the neutral balancing point between left and right.. male and female etc. jesus is love. that which connects all things even that oppose eachother.. seemlessly. like fire on the left, water on the right.. and in the middle is jesus. seamlessly linking the 2 without there being able to deduce a line that divides both sides. this is the paradox of life. man still looking for the line that divides. but everything just flows into one another. left polarity into right polarity. clockwise into anticlockwise.. without ever changing direction. yes its all connected. im so sorry but a forum isnt good enough for me to say everything i can about these topics. but i can tell you.. the truth is out there. if u know where and how to look.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: John333

im so sorry but a forum isnt good enough for me to say everything i can about these topics.

Paragraphs might help.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: John333
its been the symbol for medicine since the beginning of ancient spiritual ascendence. the caduceus. its in sumeria, its in egypt, its everywhere right up and past the romans to today.

opinionating while still studying like this is what causes all the confusion about spirituality and true spiritual access in this world. i say this, becausewhat im about to say will probably stun you. but.. moses carried the caduceus to heal his followers when they were led through the wilderness and bitten by venomous snakes. whats even better, God himself instructed him to make it and have those bitten gaze upon it to be saved.

you have much to learn before u speak of 'un-christian things'. there is no such thing. the occult is christian as are all religions on the planet. snakes are not evil. no in fact they are wise.

"be as wise as serpents' - this jesus said to his disciples when instructing them on how to spread the word of God. sure the serpent in the garden seems evil. and hes at the beginning of the book so all serpents must be evil too right? nope. but im sorry if this is going to mess with your head. but that serpent wasnt evil either.

you have much to learn. id say.. start by not labelling anything u just started researching evil. evil is the flesh. physicality.

when ur ready ill explain to you how gazing ipon the caduceus can bring you salvation from snakes that bite your heel and cause you to fall.

game of snakes and ladders anyone.

oh and btw... hi

Welcome to ATS John, where the most intelligently thought out and logically correct answer goes largely unappreciated, if not completely ignored.

For those who are as confused as the OP, want to know what evil is? It's a four letter word for ignorance.
Notice how much negativity and ignorant superstition your injecting into a pretty mundane and peaceful symbol. Notice the environment of fear you're creating through your ignorance. How far will you go to prove your superstitious "evil" is real? Imprison? Banish? Torment? Torture? Kill? ...Burn at the stake? See how this TRUTH is evident through out history?

Deny Ignorance... and think before you post.

heheh thanks but im well familiar with man's difficulty and inability to deduce and process solid, life transforming information and explanations on spirituality. after all, its the world's greatest mystery. so its expected that some people would be at least a little bit jealous that they havent figured it all out yet while you seem or claim to have. its not easy, but i just put the info out there. some day theyll come around

i mean look.. my old buddies are here.. chronaut and phage.. the staunch logicist
heheh. the others will turn up soon. i have a great talent for summoning them with my posts

edit on 29-7-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

im so sorry but a forum isnt good enough for me to say everything i can about these topics.

Paragraphs might help.

i try.. but im on mobile and well there so much info thats flowing out of me it just splurs out in a long post. u know me. i have to stop myself. try my best to summarize without failing or missing the mark on the message im trying to convey. my spiritual knowledge is.. 'on tap' as they say

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

but im on mobile

Yeah. I figured.
*sigh*

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: John333
satan was spirit in paradise. just like the serpent.. as obviously all in the garden were perfect beings.. including adam and eve at the time before the fall.

here on earth we experience satan not as spirit ut as carnal desire. no not because uve never seen satan means hes not real or in spirit form. the ego desires of the flesh are satan's manifestation.. in man. the spiritual desires which we tend to neglect in favour of material satisfaction and comfort. so no you cannot invoke, evoke or summon satan. he is you. the flesh part of you. your spirit, is God's sinless spirit which he has imparted to you. we're touching the paradox. its metaphors, symbolism. its fiction but not fiction. the personified form of materialistic drive is satan. it is inherent in all living things who have yet to get in touch with their higher spiritual identity and its moral behaviour. take away the spirit from the body and u are left symbolically with pure satan. a robot, without a conscience, just its programming to keep it going. survive, eat, have sex, fight for territory to minimize resistance from accessing your food source to keep survivng.. for no reason at all.

your task here... prevent the desires of the flesh from corrupting your spirit. allow the spirit to be driver and not the body. the body/flesh is gonna probably get you comforts, but it cannot give you eternal life in an eternal state in the heavenly realms. so.. we choose. dont take the bible stories too literally. they are what i call fictional truths. truths encoded in works of fiction with history incorporated to convey a message. a moral of the story. the message is more important than the story. so you need to get the message. most important thing.

look to the sumerian story. the evil dragon was destroyed and its body used to create the flesh of man. genesis was formed from those sumerian stories. the message was extracted and restructured into a new story.. genesis. same message.. just a different way of telling it.

Why would you assume that Sumerian creation myth preceded Canaanite (Proto-Hebrew) creation? Where is your evidence?

Perhaps Akkadian/Sumerian/Babylonian myth copied from an earlier Canaanite source? There were, most definitely, Canaanite tribes in existence before the Sumerian empire. The Sumerian culture was of Canaanite origin.

i didnt claim that sumerian stories preceded canaanite stories. but lets put it this way. if there was a flood that killed everyone except one family, then the stories we have would have come from that one family. back then as far as i can recall, there was no written language. all was conveyed orally for a long time. so maybe you can link me to some of these canaanite stories and their claimed source preceding sumeria? the first civilization with writing?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've heard it said (by holding a glass up against a wall and eavesdropping) that the staff and snakes represent the kundalini flow up the spine.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think there is a link to the kundalini power within the human which is depicted in some diagrams. www.google.co.uk...=diagram+of+kundalini+energy+rising

edit on 29-7-2015 by Shiloh7 because: couldn[t pick up the picture

edit on 29-7-2015 by Shiloh7 because: sorry double problem with posting

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
I've heard it said (by holding a glass up against a wall and eavesdropping) that the staff and snakes represent the kundalini flow up the spine.

u sir are a winner. one who just delved into how gazing upon the caduceus can bring u salvation. the kundalini healing power and revelation of the Holy Spirit gained via samadhi is salvation. the graduation and claiming of eternal life. once u hit samadhi, the kunda awakens, links to your third eye and activates your chi and dantien. all your chakras are opened and under your control at that point.

well.. all the first 7 chakras anyway

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
The Caduceus is not EVIL. Like any other symbol, it may get used by someone evil, but in and of itself, it's origins are very ancient, and pre-date the biblical reference to it by millennia. There are different meanings given to it, but one of the earliest is possibly Sumerian, and was the symbol for Enki, the creator.
Some light reading.
What is the Caduceus?
More in depth reading. Scroll about 2/3 of the way down for the caduceus part.
Link
(Note these are just some links I found with a quick search. There are more scholarly dissertations out there.)

The “libation vase of Gudea” (Neo-Sumerian era, around 2120 BC.)
The inscription reads: “To the god Ningiszida, his god Gudea, Ensi (governor) of Lagash, for the prolongation of his life/health, has dedicated this"

edit on 7/29/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2015 by Klassified because: add inscription

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's actually called the Rod of Aaron.

Exodus 7:8-9

8-9 Then God spoke to Moses and Aaron. He said, “When Pharaoh speaks to you and says, ‘Prove yourselves. Perform a miracle,’ then tell Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down in front of Pharaoh: It will turn into a snake.’”

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I hate snakes!

Second line.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

There really is a reason, and its not about being liars and thieves.

You should spend some of your free time reading up on the esoterica meanings of symbols like the caduceus. It is rather interesting, and puts a lot of things you see in both ancient and modern images in better context. It also gives you some insight into the metaphorical aspect of ancient human minds.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

One snake or 2 makes no difference to me , I think snakes are slithering evil creatures and associating them with medicine is evil in my opinion. Big Pharma controls the medical profession and they create sicknesses on purpose for profit.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Ok now we know that isn't the real symbol.

It's just the one being used everywhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In Roman iconography, it was often depicted being carried in the left hand of Mercury, the messenger of the gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars, and thieves.[3]

I do not need to do much research to understand that a great deal of medicine is being manipulated and having snakes as a representation of that manipulation is full of symbolism. The fact they started this in ancient times just means that the wool has been pulled over our eyes for that much longer.

Healing and "madicine" are very different.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Agartha

Ok now we know that isn't the real symbol.

It's just the one being used everywhere.

Just because the symbol is used by many organizations, it doesn't mean it's the correct one for medicine.

There is a difference between the symbols with 1 or 2 snake.
The Caduceus with 1 snake is the 'wand of magic' used mostly by commercial or military organizations.
The real one for medicine is the Asclepius, with 1 snake.

Here is a good explanation: drblayney.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Vaccines are big business. Pharma is a trillion-dollar industry with vaccines accounting for $25 billion in annual sales. CDC’s decision to add a vaccine to the schedule can guarantee its manufacturer millions of customers and billions in revenue with minimal advertising or marketing costs and complete immunity from lawsuits. High stakes and the seamless marriage between Big Pharma and government agencies have spawned an opaque and crooked regulatory system. Merck, one of America’s leading vaccine outfits, is currently under investigation for deceiving FDA regulators about the effectiveness of its MMR vaccine. Two whistleblowers say Merck ginned up sham studies to maintain Merck’s MMR monopoly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join