It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Snakes Wrapped Around A Pole?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Who the hell came up with this as a symbol for medicine? Really? Is this supposed to inspire us when we see it? Seems like an obvious ploy to infiltrate our consciousness with evil. 2 snakes wrapped around a pole and topped with what looks like nazi-wings. Evil. Not sure why I just got this clarity, but I decided to do some research on it to see where it originated.

The caduceus (☤; /kəˈduːsiːəs/ or /kəˈdjuːʃəs/; from Greek κηρύκειον kērukeion "herald's staff"[2] ) is the staff carried by Hermes in Greek mythology. The same staff was also borne by heralds in general, for example by Iris, the messenger of Hera. It is a short staff entwined by two serpents, sometimes surmounted by wings. In Roman iconography, it was often depicted being carried in the left hand of Mercury, the messenger of the gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars, and thieves.[3]

Why would the medical profession cling to this as a symbol? Because they are a bunch of thieves and liars and gamblers I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Actually, the places that use this are wrong.

The correct iteration of this symbol is this..

This is the Rod of Asclepius.

In Greek mythology, the Rod of Asclepius (⚕),[1] also known as the Staff of Asclepius (sometimes also spelled Asklepios or Aesculapius) and as the asklepian,[2] is a serpent-entwined rod wielded by the Greek god Asclepius, a deity associated with healing and medicine. The symbol has continued to be used in modern times, where it is associated with medicine and health care, yet frequently confused with the staff of the god Hermes, the caduceus. Theories have been proposed about the Greek origin of the symbol and its implications.

Wiki

I have that tattoo on my arm, as part of my medical alert tattoo.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What exactly are "nazi-wings"?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Occultism, it's everywhere if you choose to see it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

You should dig a little deeper.

The Sumerians used this symbol even before the Greeks or Romans.

The Sumerian god Ningizzida was the patron of medicine. In the image he is accompanied by two gryphons. A similar image with two snakes coiling around a rod is called the Caduceus and, although historically inappropriate, appears in the logo/emblem of a significant number of private (rather than professional or academic) medical practices.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Something Nazi angels get every time someone rings a Nazi bell?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

you know that particular hieroglyphic, some people like to say is the DNA chain and that is what they were trying to show.
i don't put much stock in it, i thought i would just throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
its been the symbol for medicine since the beginning of ancient spiritual ascendence. the caduceus. its in sumeria, its in egypt, its everywhere right up and past the romans to today.

opinionating while still studying like this is what causes all the confusion about spirituality and true spiritual access in this world. i say this, becausewhat im about to say will probably stun you. but.. moses carried the caduceus to heal his followers when they were led through the wilderness and bitten by venomous snakes. whats even better, God himself instructed him to make it and have those bitten gaze upon it to be saved.

you have much to learn before u speak of 'un-christian things'. there is no such thing. the occult is christian as are all religions on the planet. snakes are not evil. no in fact they are wise.

"be as wise as serpents' - this jesus said to his disciples when instructing them on how to spread the word of God. sure the serpent in the garden seems evil. and hes at the beginning of the book so all serpents must be evil too right? nope. but im sorry if this is going to mess with your head. but that serpent wasnt evil either.

you have much to learn. id say.. start by not labelling anything u just started researching evil. evil is the flesh. physicality.

when ur ready ill explain to you how gazing ipon the caduceus can bring you salvation from snakes that bite your heel and cause you to fall.

game of snakes and ladders anyone.

oh and btw... hi

edit on 29-7-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Something Nazi angels get every time someone rings a Nazi bell?

Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: John333
its been the symbol for medicine since the beginning of ancient spiritual ascendence. the caduceus. its in sumeria, its in egypt, its everywhere right up and past the romans to today.

opinionating while still studying like this is what causes all the confusion about spirituality and true spiritual access in this world. i say this, becausewhat im about to say will probably stun you. but.. moses carried the caduceus to heal his followers when they were led through the wilderness and bitten by venomous snakes. whats even better, God himself instructed him to make it and have those bitten gaze upon it to be saved.

you have much to learn before u speak of 'un-christian things'. there is no such thing. the occult is christian as are all religions on the planet. snakes are not evil. no in fact they are wise.

"be as wise as serpents' - this jesus said to his disciples when instructing them on how to spread the word of God. sure the serpent in the garden seems evil. and hes at the beginning of the book so all serpents must be evil too right? nope. but im sorry if this is going to mess with your head. but that serpent wasnt evil either.

you have much to learn. id say.. start by not labelling anything u just started researching evil. evil is the flesh. physicality.

when ur ready ill explain to you how gazing ipon the caduceus can bring you salvation from snakes that bite your heel and cause you to fall.

oh and btw... hi

God created the flesh. The flesh is not evil. God did not create evil.

Evil is an action, taken by a conscious and responsible being, with the intention of serving their own desires and disregarding others.

Evil is the exact science of being carefully, correctly, wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

oh and btw... hi

Evil is an action, taken by a conscious and responsible being, with the intention of serving their own desires and disregarding others.

lel. ur dreaming. i am the man of truth. now here my truth and digest.

everything in this universe of physicality is the realm of evil. all visible and tangible things.. including the flesh. heres the bombshell. as much as humans like to delude themselves. prettying up this world, buying nice things and big houses, the entertainment industry. is all to distract you as well as comfort you. this universe is Hell. your prison. u are here because u have fallen to the realm of suffering. here in hell, as many comforts as you provide yourself, you have one guarantee. to suffer. no matter what you do for comfort here, everyone experiences suffering. loved ones die and provide u a sense of loss, u smell, your breath smells, the winters are too cold and the summers are too hot. you are yere to suffer and repent. not avoid it. youll just get a 'replay' when u fail to achieve the required spiritual graduation out of this prisonous realm of suffering. your body is a prison for your spirit. a spirit you do not know until God awakens it in you to know he is with you wherever you go. not some places.. everywhere, all the time.

lets see. so man fell to earth(nice name). but who else is here? lets see.. we have satan being cast down to the earth, and his contingent of rebellious angels... the serpent.. hmm seems like the most needed figures are present when they are supposed to be in hell.

oh wait. theyre here. but theyre in hell too? put it together son. we are the fallen, satan is also fallen and here with us. so where are we?

spirit is the only sinless thing. all things material are of sin. the flesh, the stone, the dust, the diamonds and gold. sin sin sin sin. oone here is sinless as long as they have a clothe of flesh. all are evil and struggling to resist temptation... and failing.

you're correct tho you dont understand how. God doesnt create evil. your problem is you dont understand the paradox of life. God certainly can utilize any forms he likes and can surely create a vast and expanseful prison, from which you will never get out unless you do the right thing. you fail, you die, you come back. no memory of the past. ready to fail all over again, and again, and again for eternity. until you graduate with God's blessing and transcend the need to cling to physical life as your only form of identity and existence. imagine, helping to install the perfect tyrannical government in this life, doing lots of evil, and being reborn a subject under the tyranny you helped install in a previous life. justice. such is life. you may not pay for all the wrongs uve done today, or tomorrow. but you will.. pay.

theres only one way out. and that is with your spirit. no flesh may enter through the gate. so.. u will somehow have to learn how to leave it behind.. yet still exist.. forever. not dying over and over like a chump a slave to death. living in fear. build as many spaceships as you like. theres enough to keep you occupied here for an eternity until ever last soul graduates as part of God's plan.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The Temple of Asclepius had free roaming snakes and it was believed that they played a part in healing the sick.

edit on 29-7-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

oh and btw... hi

lel. ur dreaming. i am the man of truth. now here my truth and digest.

everything in this universe of physicality is the realm of evil. all visible and tangible things.. including the flesh. heres the bombshell. as much as humans like to delude themselves. prettying up this world, buying nice things and big houses, the entertainment industry. is all to distract you as well as comfort you. this universe is Hell. your prison. u are here because u have fallen to the realm of suffering. here in hell, as many comforts as you provide yourself, you have one guarantee. to suffer. no matter what you do for comfort here, everyone experiences suffering. loved ones die and provide u a sense of loss, u smell, your breath smells, the winters are too cold and the summers are too hot. you are yere to suffer and repent. not avoid it. youll just get a 'replay' when u fail to achieve the required spiritual graduation out of this prisonous realm of suffering. your body is a prison for your spirit. a spirit you do not know until God awakens it in you to know he is with you wherever you go. not some places.. everywhere, all the time.

lets see. so man fell to earth(nice name). but who else is here? lets see.. we have satan being cast down to the earth, and his contingent of rebellious angels... the serpent.. hmm seems like the most needed figures are present when they are supposed to be in hell.

oh wait. theyre here. but theyre in hell too? put it together son. we are the fallen, satan is also fallen and here with us. so where are we?

spirit is the only sinless thing. all things material are of sin. the flesh, the stone, the dust, the diamonds and gold. sin sin sin sin. oone here is sinless as long as they have a clothe of flesh. all are evil and struggling to resist temptation... and failing.

you're correct tho you dont understand how. God doesnt create evil. your problem is you dont understand the paradox of life. God certainly can utilize any forms he likes and can surely create a vast and expanseful prison, from which you will never get out unless you do the right thing. you fail, you die, you come back. no memory of the past. ready to fail all over again, and again, and again for eternity. until you graduate with God's blessing and transcend the need to cling to physical life as your only form of identity and existence.

theres only one way out. and that is with your spirit. no flesh may enter through the gate. so.. u will somehow have to learn how to leave it behind.. yet still exist.. forever. not dying over and over like a chump a slave to death. living in fear. build as many spaceships as you like. theres enough to keep you occupied here for an eternity until ever last soul graduates as part of God's plan.

Satan is spirit and is sinful.

What you propose appears to be the gnostic heresy mixed with reincarnation. Neither concept is supported from the scriptures.

But like Job said: "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another".

If spirit is sinless and the material is sinful, then God, who created the material would have created sin and we, as material beings would not be responsible for sin.

But because sin is a consequence of our actions, we are responsible.

And we are body, soul and spirit. If our spirit commits sin, we are just as sinful as we would be if our body commits sin.

edit on 29/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
satan was spirit in paradise. just like the serpent.. as obviously all in the garden were perfect beings.. including adam and eve at the time before the fall.

here on earth we experience satan not as spirit ut as carnal desire. no not because uve never seen satan means hes not real or in spirit form. the ego desires of the flesh are satan's manifestation.. in man. the spiritual desires which we tend to neglect in favour of material satisfaction and comfort. so no you cannot invoke, evoke or summon satan. he is you. the flesh part of you. your spirit, is God's sinless spirit which he has imparted to you. we're touching the paradox. its metaphors, symbolism. its fiction but not fiction. the personified form of materialistic drive is satan. it is inherent in all living things who have yet to get in touch with their higher spiritual identity and its moral behaviour. take away the spirit from the body and u are left symbolically with pure satan. a robot, without a conscience, just its programming to keep it going. survive, eat, have sex, fight for territory to minimize resistance from accessing your food source to keep survivng.. for no reason at all.

your task here... prevent the desires of the flesh from corrupting your spirit. allow the spirit to be driver and not the body. the body/flesh is gonna probably get you comforts, but it cannot give you eternal life in an eternal state in the heavenly realms. so.. we choose. dont take the bible stories too literally. they are what i call fictional truths. truths encoded in works of fiction with history incorporated to convey a message. a moral of the story. the message is more important than the story. so you need to get the message. most important thing.

look to the sumerian story. the evil dragon was destroyed and its body used to create the flesh of man. genesis was formed from those sumerian stories. the message was extracted and restructured into a new story.. genesis. same message.. just a different way of telling it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Why would the medical profession cling to this as a symbol? Because they are a bunch of thieves and liars and gamblers I guess.

What's the association between using a symbol to denote medicine (even in error), to accusing the medical profession so? Do you dislike doctors because they use this symbol, or because you don't like modern medicine?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

satan was spirit in paradise. just like the serpent.. as obviously all in the garden were perfect beings.. including adam and eve at the time before the fall.

here on earth we experience satan not as spirit ut as carnal desire. no not because uve never seen satan means hes not real or in spirit form. the ego desires of the flesh are satan's manifestation.. in man. the spiritual desires which we tend to neglect in favour of material satisfaction and comfort. so no you cannot invoke, evoke or summon satan. he is you. the flesh part of you. your spirit, is God's sinless spirit which he has imparted to you. we're touching the paradox. its metaphors, symbolism. its fiction but not fiction. the personified form of materialistic drive is satan. it is inherent in all living things who have yet to get in touch with their higher spiritual identity and its moral behaviour. take away the spirit from the body and u are left symbolically with pure satan. a robot, without a conscience, just its programming to keep it going. survive, eat, have sex, fight for territory to minimize resistance from accessing your food source to keep survivng.. for no reason at all.

your task here... prevent the desires of the flesh from corrupting your spirit. allow the spirit to be driver and not the body. the body/flesh is gonna probably get you comforts, but it cannot give you eternal life in an eternal state in the heavenly realms. so.. we choose. dont take the bible stories too literally. they are what i call fictional truths. truths encoded in works of fiction with history incorporated to convey a message. a moral of the story. the message is more important than the story. so you need to get the message. most important thing.

look to the sumerian story. the evil dragon was destroyed and its body used to create the flesh of man. genesis was formed from those sumerian stories. the message was extracted and restructured into a new story.. genesis. same message.. just a different way of telling it.

Why would you assume that Sumerian creation myth preceded Canaanite (Proto-Hebrew) creation? Where is your evidence?

Perhaps Akkadian/Sumerian/Babylonian myth copied from an earlier Canaanite source? There were, most definitely, Canaanite tribes in existence before the Sumerian empire. The Sumerian culture was of Canaanite origin.

edit on 29/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

oh and btw... hi

Welcome to ATS John, where the most intelligently thought out and logically correct answer goes largely unappreciated, if not completely ignored.

For those who are as confused as the OP, want to know what evil is? It's a four letter word for ignorance.
Notice how much negativity and ignorant superstition your injecting into a pretty mundane and peaceful symbol. Notice the environment of fear you're creating through your ignorance. How far will you go to prove your superstitious "evil" is real? Imprison? Banish? Torment? Torture? Kill? ...Burn at the stake? See how this TRUTH is evident through out history?

Deny Ignorance... and think before you post.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Some people believe it to based on the "13th Zodiac Sign" and it is linked to Imhotep who oddly enough had advanced understanding of medicine for his time.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Because they are a bunch of thieves and liars and gamblers I guess.

I guess you never visit a doctor then and you wouldn't go to A&E (ER) if anything was to happen to you and your family? Seeing as you don't seem to trust them.

I know there are doctors and nurses out there that are horrible people and are only worried about the paycheck, but the big majority of medical professionals do it because they love helping people, and they work long stressful hours, sometimes without breaks as they don't want to leave the person they are looking after... and many times, when they loose a patient, they actually cry.

Most doctors and nurses are not thieves and liars, they are decent people who try the best to help others. They are no saints, but they certainly try to do their best. The problem is that people without a medical background cannot comprehend their reasoning, which can only be understood if you have had the same type of training and experience.

And Cygnis is correct, your symbol is not even the correct one, the rod of Asclepius is the real medical symbol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join