It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So sad that a microphallus could lead to this.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Annee

He admitted that he is the one who killed it but didn't know it was protected. I find that questionable but who knows, it's possible.

However, he knew at least when they shot it and started dressing it out before they left the carcass there. He would have seen the collar. But he contacted nobody. They simply took their prize and ditched the rest. The only reason we know about it is because they tracked the collar which was thought to be broken and not working after they smashed it.

That's like a hit and run. You are still responsible for an "accident" but if you leave it's now a crime.

Is there a direct recording of him talking?

Or is it a report on what he said?

And NO, I am not defending him. I'm waiting for the facts.

It is from a statement released by his own attorney.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes he has spent his time justifying a poacher, him or another said they were alpha males..LMFAO and we were envious of their manliness...ya envious..sure. This sorry excuse for a human being(dentist) hell I will include trophy hunters as sorry excuses. Trophy hunters I don't give 2 sh$ts if your a nice guy and salt of the earth..etc, you belong in a wax museum.

I hunt the local deer and rabbits in culling season.

Twats like this poacher give the rest of us a bad name.

And no I don't think its alpha male or makes me more manly. People who think that obviously are very insecure and lack in the down stair department.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: IanFleming

Whatever man. You accused me of being a racist and I called you on it.

I don't care what you think about this topic or anything else for that matter.

IMO your a troll.

Can we just agree not to speak to each other from this point forward??? That's all I want to know. A simply yes or no will do.

Yes, I would be glad to not speak to you again. I really don't suffer fools gladly.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes he has spent his time justifying a poacher, him or another said they were alpha males..LMFAO and we were envious of their manliness...ya envious..sure. This sorry excuse for a human being(dentist) hell I will include trophy hunters as sorry excuses. Trophy hunters I don't give 2 sh$ts if your a nice guy and salt of the earth..etc, you belong in a wax museum.

I hunt the local deer and rabbits in culling season.

Twats like this poacher give the rest of us a bad name.

And no I don't think its alpha male or makes me more manly. People who think that obviously are very insecure and lack in the down stair department.

And therein lies the rub. Hunting for meat or sport does not bother me--poaching does. The rules are designed to keep the animals around for a long time.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Which part?

What is the attorney's statement? And only the attorney's statement.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Which part?

What is your point? Are you trying to deny that he admitted killing it? Where exactly are you going with this garbage you've been slinging for two pages now? Are you trying to say that he did not issue a statement? That he has been misquoted? What is your deal? And DO NOT respond with a lame "I'm just waiting for all the facts." If THAT is the case, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE LION HAS BEEN KILLED?! After all, you haven't been there to see the body, have you? How do you know ANY of this is even real, if we are going down that road? Yeesh. . .
edit on 29-7-2015 by jaffo because: Spelling error.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This isnt about a legal hunt for conservation.

This is a about a gun (Well crossbow happy) happy dip# who lured a protected Lion out of a reservation and shot it illegally.

I hunt local deer and rabbits, but I do it LEGALLY.

Twats like him give the rest of us a bad name.

Actually from everything that has been written about this in articles. The guy hired a safari group to do a legal hunt. He paid full price for a legal hunt.

The group that was hired lured the lion and there was a local villager who was complacent. Both the villager and the safari group is facing punishment maybe even some prison for those directly involved.

I see a lot of speculation/opinions that he knew the group he hired was breaking the law, but no evidence to that effect. In fact him purposely breaking the law doesn't make any sense at all.

The outrage here seems a bit misplaced or completely misplaced. It should be focused on the "so called professional guides" and the safari group. Most of the outrage I am reading is against any hunters.

But, who cares about facts? It doesn't look like many to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This is a about a gun (Well crossbow happy) happy dip# who lured a protected Lion out of a reservation and shot it illegally.

Actually from everything that has been written about this in articles. The guy hired a safari group to do a legal hunt. He paid full price for a legal hunt.

The group that was hired lured the lion and there was a local villager who was complacent. Both the villager and the safari group is facing punishment maybe even some prison for those directly involved.

I see a lot of speculation/opinions that he knew the group he hired was breaking the law, but no evidence to that effect. In fact him purposely breaking the law doesn't make any sense at all.

The outrage here seems a bit misplaced or completely misplaced. It should be focused on the "so called professional guides" and the safari group. Most of the outrage I am reading is against any hunters.

He tried to hide the collar after the kill. And he has been nailed before for breaking the rules. Don't like the facts, huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Which part?

Here you go. This is the statement HE HIMSELF ISSUED:

Statement of Dr. Walter Palmer
July 28, 2015

"In early July, I was in Zimbabwe on a bow hunting trip for big game. I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits. To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted.

"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt.

"I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.

"Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion."

LINK: www.startribune.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So, what you are saying is that he hired a legal hunt but then may have been defrauded by one of (or more) of the guides-- sort of like some one buying something in a shop and not realizing it was stolen goods because it was in a legitimate shop and it was the shop keeper that did the stealing, not the customer?

I can see that as possible, certainly.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

According to the AP, this is not the first time Palmer has been in trouble for hunting. Palmer agreed to plead guilty in 2008 for lying to a federal agent about where he shot a black bear in Wisconsin. He was fined $3,000 and received probation.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They went straight to the edge of the preserve and lured the animal out by dragging a carcass behind a vehicle. He knew damned well what he was doing. And then he tried to hide and break the collar after they killed it, cutting off the head to remove the thing. The ONLY reason this came out is because one of the hunters got cold feet and came clean. The guy did it with full knowledge of what he was doing. It's pathetic.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A tabloid?

Yeah, they never miquote or make stuff up.

As I said, you've been here long enough to know about first reports.

I don't think the Startribune is a tabloid. It seems that it's just a local paper for that area. Feel free to correct me though but I can't find anything saying it's a tabloid.

www.startribune.com... almer/318947551/

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

They went straight to the edge of the preserve and lured the animal out by dragging a carcass behind a vehicle. He knew damned well what he was doing. And then he tried to hide and break the collar after they killed it, cutting off the head to remove the thing. The ONLY reason this came out is because one of the hunters got cold feet and came clean. The guy did it with full knowledge of what he was doing. It's pathetic.

The court of law has to prove that it was him that did all of this knowingly and not the guide. The guide could have lured it out of the area without him knowing and then leading him to the lion after it was outside the area. The guide's job is to guide you to the animal.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

So, what you are saying is that he hired a legal hunt but then may have been defrauded by one of (or more) of the guides-- sort of like some one buying something in a shop and not realizing it was stolen goods because it was in a legitimate shop and it was the shop keeper that did the stealing, not the customer?

Human nature is that people want to get what they pay for.

I looked up the licensing fees there and it is 24K to hunt a lion he paid between 50 and 54k so at least 25k went to the safari group. It was their job to find him a legal kill.

It is also human nature for people to take the easy way out and make quick cash.

Who had the most to gain by doing this? It wasn't the hunter.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

A tabloid?

Yeah, they never miquote or make stuff up.

As I said, you've been here long enough to know about first reports.

I don't think the Startribune is a tabloid. It seems that it's just a local paper for that area. Feel free to correct me though but I can't find anything saying it's a tabloid.

www.startribune.com... almer/318947551/

OK.

The name sure sounds like a tabloid though.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Damn I missed about 10 replies and I apologize...

I'm also not going to answer most of them due to the repeatative nature of most of the questions.

Blue jay, I never tried to justify the poaching of this animal. If this was all on the up and up then the hunter did nothing wrong, slay some lions if the LEGAL tag says so.

If someone would be so kind as to embed this, it's a documentary from Louie Theroux and it's pretty infotastic.. He's not even pro hunting and really really tries hard to make it into something bad, watch for yourself.. The math doesn't lie.

lvWxyfipCOc

Full link for clicky clicky youtu.be...
edit on 29-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The court of law has to prove that it was him that did all of this knowingly and not the guide. The guide could have lured it out of the area without him knowing and then leading him to the lion after it was outside the area. The guide's job is to guide you to the animal.

He killed a protected animal. He has admitted to having done so. As a responsible hunter, he sure as hell had to have seen the animal well enough before taking the shot to know that it was collared and hence protected, especially given the proximity to the preserve. For my money, he is admittedly guilty. And a Grade A human queef for going around the World and killing superior predators to make up for his own below the belt shortcomings. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Human nature is that people want to get what they pay for.

I looked up the licensing fees there and it is 24K to hunt a lion he paid between 50 and 54k so at least 25k went to the safari group. It was their job to find him a legal kill.

It is also human nature for people to take the easy way out and make quick cash.

Who had the most to gain by doing this? It wasn't the hunter.

Doesnt matter how much ge paid or what he had to gain.

If he knew what he was doing he is guilty along with the guides.

Dont know why people are jumping to his defence...,

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join