It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

muslims and christains agree that....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Apparently, Muslims and Christians both agree that jesus is the word of god, as described in both the bible and the quran.
they both believe in jesus' miraculous birth from the virgin mary.

they also both believe that jesus is the messiah.

what they cant agree on though, is whether or not the word is creator or creation.
in the Bible, the word was god.

In the Quran, God created the universe through the Word.

so either muslims have misinterpreted their holy texts, or christians have. or both.

what do you think?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

im very interested in reading the Quran for myself from front to back like i have done with the bible.
but i dont know where to find one other than online and thats too much text to read on a computer.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
Apparently, Muslims and Christians both agree that jesus is the word of god, as described in both the bible and the quran.
they both believe in jesus' miraculous birth from the virgin mary.

they also both believe that jesus is the messiah.

what they cant agree on though, is whether or not the word is creator or creation.
in the Bible, the word was god.

In the Quran, God created the universe through the Word.

so either muslims have misinterpreted their holy texts, or christians have. or both.

what do you think?

They don't believe Jesus was the messiah and son of god, but a prophet no better or worse then Mohammad.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

im very interested in reading the Quran for myself from front to back like i have done with the bible.
but i dont know where to find one other than online and thats too much text to read on a computer.

How does it feel to be one of the 15 Christians who have actually read the whole bible?

Prob very lonely lol.

link   
a reply to: Entreri06

i was reading a documentary that said they do believe he is the messiah, but i know that they dont believe he is the son of god.

My question was do you think the word was creator, or creation?

also jesus is mentioned in the Quran many multitudes of times more than mohammed.

edit on 25-7-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

link   

Jesus is our Messiah...

And now my quiescence in these my god vs your god threads shall continue.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Jesus is our Messiah...

And now my quiescence in these my god vs your god threads shall continue.

apparently the muslims believe that their god is the god of abraham, isaac, and jacob. the same with christianity and judaism.

its not really a my god versus your god deal.

its a prophet v.s. a false prophet deal,

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You would have to ask a devout Muslim but I am pretty damned sure they do not believe Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son Of God sent to die for our sins as the Redeemer of Mankind (those who believe shall not perish but have everlasting life, the only way to the Father is through the Son) and is above all prophets and men (including Mohamed, Moses, Adam, and any Mahdi).
edit on 25-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Any bookstore should have a copy. I got mine at Barns and Noble. Maybe a library as well.
Or make a Muslim friend...that's how I scored a Book of Mormon, I simply asked a mormon friend.

Good luck in your search.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Out of courtesy I'll respond...

Jesus is the God of Christians, and not the God of Muslims...

Therefore...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

but jesus had said not to call anyone on earth "father" for we have but one father and he is in heaven.

jesus had said that we all can be children of God.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Therefore...

if jesus was the god of christains then why does he say in revelation " I have not found your works complete in the sight of MY GOD,"

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

but jesus had said not to call anyone on earth "father" for we have but one father and he is in heaven.

jesus had said that we all can be children of God.

Yes, through him and him alone.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You'd have to ask a Christian that.

I could never reconcile that, in my Catholic days.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You'd have to ask a Christian that.

I could never reconcile that, in my Catholic days.

when jesus was crucified he also cried out "My god, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

So the average christain may believe jesus is God, But the bible clearly says that Jesus served God.

but it is confusing to say the least, because in the bible it says in the beginning was the word and the word was with god and the word was god. And that the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

The only way jesus could be God is if Himself from the future Was the Father, and that means in the beginning there was jesus. and jesus was with himself from the future, and that himself was predestined to be god.

Since God is the creator, the only way for him to exist if he himself were created and the only explanation is that he created Himself somehow.

And if the bible is called the word of god then that means that jesus was the bible become flesh and dwelt among us. meaning he is predestined to fulfill the gospels.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Therefore...

if jesus was the god of christains then why does he say in revelation " I have not found your works complete in the sight of MY GOD,"

Translation anomalies / variations (Also, Jesus is the Word of God but God is the Father. There is no other like him):

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
1"And to The Messenger who is in the assembly of Sardis write: Thus says he who has The Seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: I know your works and the name that you have, and that you are alive and are dying." 2"Be vigilant and confirm what remains of those things that are ready to die, for I have not found you such that your works are perfect before God.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

noone has been able to answer the question.

Is the Word creator, or creation?

I hold fast to the belief that he may be both.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

How does it feel to be one of the 15 Christians who have actually read the whole bible?

Prob very lonely lol.

ignorance denied. there are bible study groups all over the world. im sure that there has been more than 15 people to read the entire bible.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Share the Quran chapter & verse numbers and I'll assist in your question.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Share the Quran chapter & verse numbers and I'll assist in your question.

Sadly i dont know much about islam. Im not here to bash it or christianity.
I havent read the quran for myself yet so i wouldnjt be able to give you the verse and chapter, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join