It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIST officer blows up lab making meth in government building.. no charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
An explosion strong enough to blow a blast shield 25 feet ripped through the Gaithersburg, Md. campus of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, a federal entity that's part of the U.S. Department of Commerce.

An security officer was found with burns on his arms and hands and witnesses said they saw him run to his car and stash a dufle bag after the explosion. Also found were ingredients for making METH plus a recipe for METH.

The officer tried telling investigators he burned himself with a lighter.

The officer was forced to resign but no arrests have been made or charges have been filed.

An explosion tore through a government lab in Maryland this weekend, and Montgomery County Police say they're investigating whether the blast was related to the manufacture of drugs.

www.nbcwashington.com...
edit on 24-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Looks like someone was inspired by breaking bad a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Well, your link does not take us to the story you are describing.

That being said, if the story is halfway accurate as you have reported it, and there are no charges being filed or considered, then something has gone seriously wrong. One should not be able to start a meth lab in a government building without getting firmly chastised by the iron clad fists of justice. Preferably a shot to the jaw.

Good grief!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ty I fixed the link.. sry about that all

www.nbcwashington.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Are they sure it wasn't an experiment with nano-thermite? Oh wait they never check for explosives at NIST now do they?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Nice one!

Looks as if there really have not been any arrests...

What the actual...you get the picture.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Here, let me do the math on that......

Apparent meth lab blown up in a government building + burn victim x (witness to quick, get rid of the stash in the boot dude) / no charges laid or filed = government meth lab, apparently.

I neva wooda thunk it.

Not ina muillion yeers.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Nowhere in the article does it say no charges are being considered. Quite the opposite, the article says the incident is being investigated and, as on Monday night (when the article was written) no arrests had been made. There's nothing to see here (yet) and this looks like basic investigative protocol in regards to a non-bust meth lab discovery. The same thing happens all over the country: House or apartment blows up, investigators arrive, meth production is suspected, investigators verify, arrest is made. This case appears to still be in the "meth production is suspected/investigators are trying to verify" stage and an arrest may or may not be the result.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

This cat was probably just trying to heat up a bunch of Hot pockets and left them in too long. You leave one of those jokers in there for like 6 mins and they turn into Thermite.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

No cops to demonize today for doing their job so a security guard will do.

He does sound guilty as hell. I will give you that.

edit on 24-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe it was government sponsored job training. Based on the grading curve, he might still pass.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wouldn't part of this investigation include examining the contents of the duffel bag witnesses claimed he put in his car? Seems to me, that immediate step could have led to arrest at the scene. admittedly we do not have all of the facts so maybe they didn't know about that event until later on in the investigation I guess we'll see how it all works out.

Burd, this reply is not specifically to your post, for some reason the option of a general reply at the top of the thread was not available, I could only reply to a specific post for some odd reason. I would have rather just made a general reply in the thread, than make a member think I am questioning them.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
People worry about just mentioning or discussing drugs.. say on a forum .. like this forum, ATS, and censors the discussions, like it will have a negative effect on people to try drugs.

And yet you have a popular TV show about one of the worst drugs being made and sold by a school teacher (Ok that teaches good values), playing on main stream media outlets.. and becomes one of the most popular shows for some curious reason ..gotta make a few people curious.

(not that this event has anything to do about it; just sayin.)

top topics

join