It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun production has doubled under Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What you have here is two things happening. The NRA pumping out mass paranoia on behalf of the gun companies with fears of people taking your guns. While at the same time an administration where gun control is not even a remote priority. When the assault weapon ban came to an end, the administration did nothing to extend it. Despite the fact that this was law championed by Democrats and Republicans with even Reagan as a big supporter. Then after a series of mass shootings, the President says some words and nothing. This an area historically that Obama will get hit on as being one of the worst when it comes to even sensible gun regulations that the population supports my a huge margin.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

www.vox.com...

Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim".

Identifying Obama as affiliated with Islam is not unique to Republicans, according to the poll, which found that 10 percent of Democrats and 26 percent of Independents answered "Muslim" as well. 

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: intrptr

I don't really see where anything was said about it being anyone's "fault". Stating "during the Obama Administration" was just establishing the time frame, I believe.

Under Obama is different than just during Obama.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex

I agree, the office of the President is not to blame for the sizable uptick...nonetheless, I believe the fact WE have a black man in office with a muslim sounding name does feed/fuel a majority of gun buyers worst fears.

You are correct the U.S. is, by far, the largest arms exporter. Also, keep in mind the gun pieces can be manufactured outside the U.S. and then assembled here and still qualify for the "Made in America" tag/label.

Plus companies like Colt Firearms make both civilian and military versions of their rifle, some for civilians, some for active duty and some for "allies" overseas.

Thread title is misleading.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sorry you feel that way. I only used the original source article less the editorial baggage and tried to present just the basic "facts".

P.S. See KANDINSKY'S great post on page one.
edit on 23-7-2015 by fshrrex because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2015 by fshrrex because: typos

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sorry you feel that way. I only used the original source article less the editorial baggage and tried to present just the basic "facts".

I was agreeing with you? Should have said article title is misleading, sorry.

But there are other indicators of agenda propaganda. They use guns instead of firearms, they say under Obama, like he's responsible, and just cite making of guns. Leaves room for misinterpretation, by intent.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19606intrptr[/post]

www.vox.com...

Agreed. Just about any President would be blameless. But I still, stand by my statement that this black President who is perceived as a muslim fuels/feeds the majority of gun buyers/owner's worst fears. see above article.
edit on 23-7-2015 by fshrrex because: typo

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=19606intrptr[/post]

www.vox.com...

Agreed. Just about any President would be blameless. But I still, stand by my statement that this black President who is perceived as a muslim fuels/feeds the majority of gun buyers/owner's worst fears. see above article.

I don't know who's more dangerous to the world, Islam or the US government.

Well I do, but you seem fixated on a race and religious issue combined. Not as important to me.

To each their own!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You hit the nail on the head.

This administration has been very forgiving in regards to firearms and legislation regulating them.

On the other hand you have the NRA and the pro-2nd media outlets creating fear and the false notion that Obama and the Democrats are trying to take their firearms or further restrict them.

That propaganda has played-out well for manufacturers and NRA memberships. That is one of the reasons I believe the NRA is an enemy of the 2nd amendment and only serves to profit for themselves and the manufacturers.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I believe the fact WE have a black man in office with a muslim sounding name does feed/fuel a majority of gun buyers worst fears.

What a massive load of crap.

After every mass shooting, Obama gets on TV and urges Congress to pass new laws. THAT is what drives the panic buying. It has absolutely nothing to do with his race or name.

The NRA and various Conservative talk radio personalities help to push that panic as well.

If Hillary wins the next election, you're going to see several months of absolute panic in the firearm world. All the popular firearms and ammo will be sold out and backordered for awhile.
edit on 7/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
What you have here is two things happening. The NRA pumping out mass paranoia on behalf of the gun companies with fears of people taking your guns. While at the same time an administration where gun control is not even a remote priority. When the assault weapon ban came to an end, the administration did nothing to extend it. Despite the fact that this was law championed by Democrats and Republicans with even Reagan as a big supporter. Then after a series of mass shootings, the President says some words and nothing. This an area historically that Obama will get hit on as being one of the worst when it comes to even sensible gun regulations that the population supports my a huge margin.

The Assault Weapon Ban expired in 2004 under Bush so Obama had nothing to do with it.

The ban expired because it was shown to be a completely pointless law. It had zero effect on crime.

The population does not support gun control "by a huge margin." That's the narrative being pushed by the anti-gun crowd but it's just not realistic. Gun control is a losing issue, politically, because there are VERY few hard core supporters of gun control. Online polls are crap... the true measure is the number of calls, letters, and emails that are sent to Congress in support or opposition of a particular issue.

More states allow concealed carry than at any point in the last 150 years. Most states also allow open carry. Several states have switched from "concealed carry with a permit" to "no permit required."

Gun laws have been greatly relaxed across the nation for the last 15+ years because there are far more people pushing for fewer restrictions on guns and for everyone else, it's just not an important issue. The Democrats would rather pay lip-service about their anti-gun stance instead of actually doing anything because they know that gun laws = political suicide.
edit on 7/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
People see what is coming down the road. What Bush started , Obama has tremendously accelerated . Wonder how the next President will be ? I say either more accelerated or endgame.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
People see what is coming down the road. What Bush started , Obama has tremendously accelerated . Wonder how the next President will be ? I say either more accelerated or endgame.

That is part of it, as well.

There are a lot of people realizing the importance of self-sufficiency.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Gun production has more than doubled over the course of the Obama administration, according to a new report from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The ATF’s annual firearms commerce report tracks the number of guns manufactured in the United States, which provides an indication of gun sales around the country. 

The number of guns manufactured increased by 18 percent during the George W. Bush administration, while the Clinton administration actually saw a 9 percent reduction.

But under President Obama, gun production has spiked 140 percent to 10.8 million firearms in 2013, the most recent year for which data is available.

Pistols are the most popular type of gun, accounting for 4.4 million of the firearms made in 2013, according to the report. Meanwhile, gun manufacturers produced 3.9 million rifles and 1.2 million shotguns.

The number of pistols made has nearly tripled during the Obama administration...

SARCASM AHEAD

Gotta protect myself from that uhumm black man in the White house.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I agree, the office of the President is not to blame for the sizable uptick...nonetheless, I believe the fact WE have a black man in office with a muslim sounding name does feed/fuel a majority of gun buyers worst fears.

You are correct the U.S. is, by far, the largest arms exporter. Also, keep in mind the gun pieces can be manufactured outside the U.S. and then assembled here and still qualify for the "Made in America" tag/label.

Or maybe it's because he has proven and flat out said he is for more gun control. Maybe you didn't read the news a few days ago, but now he wants to ban those people who have trouble balancing their check books from time to time from owning weapons. I guess being bad at math or making the wrong financial decision means you can't be trusted with a firearm.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I participated in the thread concerning the Soc.Sec. agency putting those individuals, that receive SSI/SSDI checks, anyone with "a diminished capacity" would be put on the background check list. And I am perfectly fine with that; even I would be on that list.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The reasoning is obvious...
Put out on all the media there is going to be a petrol shortage, watch the queues at teh gas pumps start to form up, make them believe there will be a gun shortage and ergo...
Everything in the media is smoke and mirrors, designed to elicit a response, every story you read you should be looking at what they want you to do, how they want you to react, what law they want to impose, just for your safety of course.

We are all played, they do thier upmost to control us, devide us. Hate the blacks, hate the whites, hate the rich hate the poor and guess what?

It just keeps on working

top topics

<< 1   >>

join