It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Technically, the be a hypocrite on this topic, you would need to be complaining about gay marriage , while being gay married.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Wouldn't that be irony?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

sadly - i cannot cite a religious zealot who is actually married to a same sex partner - but i can give you a list of idiots who :

committed :

fraud

theft

engaged the services ofprostitutes

assault and other acts of violence

and further who committed :

adultry

divorced a spouse

engaged in homosexual sex acts

all while preaching " biblical morality "

is that close enough ??????????????

and

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

What is this endless fascination with pointing out hypocrisy every minute of every day? It's no longer clever or necessary. Enough already. MOST people don't like homosexuality. Get over it and move on with your life ffs.

Fixed that for ya with an emphasis on MOST.

And it will always BE most.

Just because it is popular on the internet to pretend more and more like it, fact is they would rather not think about it, not see it, and will not ever think it is normal, nice, or anything we want our children REALLY to be exposed to all the dam time.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Then I sincerely hope that none of your children turn out to be gay.

Because, if they are, it will be all the damn time. And you'll have to decide if they are still normal or nice or anything you want to be exposed to.

As will these 'MOST' other people you claim to speak for.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ah! You speak of all hypocrites! I do not like them either.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

To say that I applaud this gentleman's candour is somewhat of an understatement.

It is refreshing to hear a man at a pulpit, actually preach the word of Christ in spirit, rather than in letter. This is NOT a common occurrence in my extensive experience.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This is NOT a common occurrence in my extensive experience.

A rare and beautiful thing to see and hear, indeed!
edit on 25-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
the bible says we should have slaves.
We got rid of slavery and god has not thrown a temper tantrum about it yet.
Maybe we should give this all knowing all seeing being the benefit of the doubt and not just assume he's as bigoted as some of his followers.

I think at this point the "fight" is over.
Just remember if you don't like same sex marriage, try really hard not to marry someone that has the same tools as you and you should be fine.

The hypocrisy you talk about, however, will always exist, in some form or another.
intolerance never vanishes, it just takes on a different form

I'm in support of same sex marriages, but I dooooo have to say this:

The Bible does not tell us to have slaves. This discussion is not benefited by spreading falsities. The Bible has mentions of how to treat slaves, but does not condone it. Slavery, it is important to remember, was not a racial thing back then. Slavery was primarily when a person could not pay off a debt or provide for their family. Some, back then, even chose slavery. What I mean is, slavery in the modern/recent sense is not identical to what slavery mentioned in the Bible was.

Sorry for the off topic

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: windword

To say that I applaud this gentleman's candour is somewhat of an understatement.

It is refreshing to hear a man at a pulpit, actually preach the word of Christ in spirit, rather than in letter. This is NOT a common occurrence in my extensive experience.

This man gets it. I have always said, if the message you take away from the new testament is that it's OK to ostracise and judge, then you didn't understand what you just read. This preacher, yourself and winword obviously understand this. It's a refreshing thing to witness.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As a Christian. I am not in favor of a theocracy (the only examples are corrupt and controlled by pagans posing as Christ-centered: vatican)

And your point is valid, to some extent, but really the gay agenda would not be an issue if it wasn't so obvious and designed to call Christians "haters" for following the Bible.

To that I say:

HOMOSEXUALITY_101
youtu.be...

yt: Are People Born Gay? Genetic and Epigenetic Determinism in Homosexuality
youtu.be...

Joseph Davis provides an overview of recent studies in genetics whose findings do not support the self-reporting deterministic claims in homosexuality. Rather, they provide evidence that there is no gene that exclusively determines homosexual sexual identity. This lecture is part of the 2014 Faith and Science Conference.

yt: Former Homosexual Speaks Out Part 1
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Attraction isn't a genetic thing. It's hormonal.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You seriously post this same thing in every topic that deals with the GLBTQ+

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Again, Christians who discriminate against, hate, or treat people from the LGBTQ bloc differently, are not following the word of Christ in so doing. Christ is love. If you are not going to express love and respect for your fellow man, if you would prefer to indulge in judgement, take the mantle of God about your shoulders without permission, rather than taking the harder path of love and respect, then that is your choice.

It is however, the wrong one, and will avail you of little when you meet your maker.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I Do Not Care if homosexuals are born gay or choose to be so.

It's their life to live as they see fit. I doubt very much that gay people do it just to annoy everybody else.

Why on Earth does anybody need to justify their choice of sexual partner to the rest of society - unless the partner is underage, unwilling or unhuman ?

Imagine if you go into a hotel and the proprietor says 'You're wife's a right old dog, you can't sleep with her at my establishment. And while we're at it, I don't fancy washing the sheets after you either'.

You'd be outraged, and rightly so.

Gay people are people. And have the right to food, shelter and company of their choosing. Whether or not others approve of them.

The only difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals is their choice of partner. Voluntary choice or can't-help-it choice: nobody else should care.

Perhaps a bit more Christian charity and 'love thy neighbour' wouldn't go amiss. Oh, and not casting the first stone unless one is without sin.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Ladies and the gentlemen, exhibit #106,739,489,334.

Bravo. Well done for being such an excellent example of what I was saying in the OP. Let's focus on the issue of homosexuality and ignore the herd of heterosexual elephants in the room.

You could simply have proven me wrong by also addressing the issue of adultery, you know a random YouTube video about a random guy preaching about cheating spouses. But no. You insisted on proving my point.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What about the Sin of Onan?

Do christian owners of hotels demand that their guests don't masturbate in the pristine christian bedrooms? Because if they don't object to that as well as homosexual activity then they are inconsistent.

Do cake shop owners ask where your hands have been before proffering their own to take your money?

I imagine few of them have the nerve to raise that issue because they are only comfortable objecting to the activities of a marginalised minority who they didn't expect to answer back.

edit on 27-7-2015 by berenike because: went too far off on one

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Christianophobia is running wild in the world over the homosexual nonsense that we hate them somehow because of marriage.

Conservatives will be the next to be exterminated like the jews because of the hate towards them.Completely opposite of how people are mislead and brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Marriage has devolved from its original purpose into something couples must do to satisfy the State.

When they made you a corporation by means of your birth certificate, in my opinion, marriage (in the traditional sense) became null and void.

I'm not very upset when I hear of Adam and Steve getting married nowadays. I look at it as contract between two corporations who must pay their share to the state in order to receive reimbursement in the way of specific benefits.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join