It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
What does "homophobe" mean?

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).[1][2][3] It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.[4]
Source

Yes, it's a misnomer. It's been discussed at length in the thread. The preferred term is "Heterosexist". Like?

In any other context it would be labeled racist,

Hence, "Heterosexist"

And this political correctness has gone so far that...

...that to call someone a homophobe is NOT politically correct. Is that what you're saying? You started out by pointing out that "homophobe" is not politically correct! LOL!

we are now forced to consider Bruce Jenner a woman because he "identifies with women" even though he has no idea what being a woman is like.

No one is forcing you to do crap! Be honest.
edit on 7/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Im glad im not the only one who has noticed this. Take care, we who think and see are not liked

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I do not agree with many options shied here, but I try to respect and find common ground. It seem respect is an unknown word at ATS and pissing wars are the norm. No one wins a pissing war, just some thing every one should remember.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Heterosexuality is not normal, it’s just common.

It's actually both normal and common, and it's also natural, the MOST natural. Your statement is delusional and tries very hard to support a mass gay acceptance agenda due to continued insecurities. If what you state was true then none of us would be here and the last human beings would have been lonely homosexuals wondering where kids come from.

Please stop it and get real.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can get behind the whole "just because you call it marriage, doesn't make it marriage," argument. So if a Christian doesn't want to call it marriage then they can call it whatever they want, that doesn't change the fact that the LGBT community deserves the same legal protections as everyone else in regards to who they decide to spend their lives with.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I am not afraid!

My toothpaste has "Advanced Cavity Protection" (not the retarded kind that others have).

Ha!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Do you know the science behind Transgender people?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think it would be hilarious to post all the names but even better if they grabbed a few other databases to cross reference and sort by occupation and place of employment. How many preachers, politicians, judges, law enforcement officers and upstanding citizens would be highlighted.

I know it's not nice to point fingers but I can't imagine a more deserving bunch for a Nelson Ha Ha.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: flammadraco

Are you calling all Jews and Muslims homophobes then? All Christians? All those that don't like homosexuality as it isn't the norm?

The hypocrisy is that attempts at forcing your opinion is an attempt at denying others theirs.

What do you mean by 'all' Jews?

I'm Jewish and I believe homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality. I have no more dislike for people who engage in homosexual behaviour than those who have heterosexual relations.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Actually, you really ought to consider history a little more. The Romans, the Etruscans before them, and the Greeks all had significant homosexual interactions in their history, and it is thought that some of their greatest figures indulged in the practice. In fact, if you look into history from the Greek and Roman periods onward, and consider the likes of Alexander the Great, and Leonardo Da Vinci, you might begin to get a feel for how important some historical homosexuals were to the way we live our lives today.

We in Britain would be living very different lives if it was not for one Mr Turing, who put up with some extremely poor treatment at the hands of a society he saved from Nazi tyranny, using mostly his own noggin. He was arrested and jailed for being what he was. Putting up with that poor treatment actually lead to his death two years later.

So historically speaking, it is not only normal, but homosexuals have made up a great number of the worlds most important historical figures. If we could all just get along from this point, and realise that it is not our business to judge people because of their differences, rather than learning to live around folk without discrimination and that back of brain mistrust that some indulge in, the world would be better off.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: thekaboose

When you click the ''reply'' button it is a REPLY to the person making the comment and I didn't write this thread either.

If you were making a general statement you should reply to the thread not to a member.

Well, this isnt just a reply to this quote, its a reply to ALL of your comments now.

All you have tried to do on this thread is insult and debate personal opinion and when someone disagrees you call THEM name callers and then insult them further by calling them opinion nazis. Reading more and more of your god awful pretentious replies I honestly believe now that you are just a troll. Reasons:

1. You keep saying "everyone can have their own opinion", but when they say theirs you scream opinion nazi and attempt to flame.
2. Your replies are homophobic, I am sorry if that offends you. But you clearly are
3. You mistook me for the OP and banged on about it without reading and clearly just love to insult.
4. Like any troll, you say you don't care what people think yet you continue to reply showing clearly that you hate losing and you have to have the final word.

That little rant over, back to reality:

Same sex acts (homosexual pairings) happen in nature as well as society as we know it, people are hard wired the way nature made them. Never rely on statistics about sexuality! Some people would never admit their true nature (please see one of my older posts on page 3 for examples). We all know people are scared of what they don't understand and when they see a same sex couple showing acts of affection their brains cant handle it as it was so social stigmatized when they were younger leading to bigoted comments.

That's right bigoted! Any religion who shuns / mocks / attacks people based on their sexuality in my opinion is bigoted and pathetic. So many Christians forget one of the most well known lines in the bible...

Matthew 7:1-3
"Judge not, that ye be not judged."

King James Bible there before people start spewing "THATS NOT WHAT IT SAYS".

I dont understand why the people on this tiny planet are so horrified or worried about where a person puts their privates when it comes to consensual sex? Is your life so bleak and cold that you need to force hate upon your fellow man? How about you embrace your fellow man in love and respect the way we should ALL treat each other.

Oh well, I'll just wait to be called an opinion nazi again.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
First...isn't this discussion over about gay marriage? You guys got what you wanted and deserved and everything is fine...right? It is over. Why are you beating this dead horse? Could it be like I guessed it would be...that this will never end until every single person is FORCED to proclaim their acceptance of someone else's lifestyle? Which by the way...will never happen.

Second...what you are talking about with an affair is someone's sexual preference which I could have sworn you guys said "what we do behind closed doors is none of your business"? I believe I've heard that...ohhhh...a million times? Or doesn't someone's sexual preference, tendencies and desires deserve the same "off limits" rules as yours does? Maybe cheaters need to be a protected class, march in a parade, etc. without recourse.

So why are we still talking about this? I applaud your win and the fact that gay marriage is now law. But why are you still attacking, calling people out, etc? Unless it was never about gay marriage but forced acceptance? Sorry to tell you but if I am correct (as I usually am) you are not going to get what you really want. You are not going to convince everyone that what you do or what you are is acceptable. The best you can hope for is tolerance from some. Everyone has their own morals and values and on many topics, they will differ from yours. Some in the gay community (not all...just the fringe/extreme) won't be happy until there is a law that forces everyone to accept them or approve of their lifestyle. Sorry guys and gals...while the majority of us are fine with your sexual preference, you will never be accepted by everyone. Hell...I'm a straight, white and male and some of my views are not accepted by everyone.

Get over it and if you can't...get some help. You should be celebrating...not living in the past.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Same sex acts (homosexual pairings) happen in nature as well as society as we know it, people are hard wired the way nature made them. Never rely on statistics about sexuality! Some people would never admit their true nature (please see one of my older posts on page 3 for examples). We all know people are scared of what they don't understand and when they see a same sex couple showing acts of affection their brains cant handle it as it was so social stigmatized when they were younger leading to bigoted comments.

What a load of crap.... pun intended.

In one sentence you say we are hard wired the way nature made us, then in the very same paragraph you say people who are disgusted by gay behavior are socially programmed that way. Why don't you make up your mind.

The anus, the penis, and the vagina all have very specific purposes. Thinking someone is disgusting for misusing them is no more bigoted than thinking my kid is disgusting for eating her boogers.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
and consider the likes of Alexander the Great,

Who was bisexual, not homosexual

and Leonardo Da Vinci,

Who's sexuality was only ever speculated on.

We in Britain would be living very different lives if it was not for one Mr Turing,

A brilliant but confused man who married a woman.

If we could all just get along from this point, and realise that it is not our business to judge people because of their differences, rather than learning to live around folk without discrimination and that back of brain mistrust that some indulge in, the world would be better off.

And yet here we are in a thread titled "Homophobes - ye be hypocrites" which is designed to generalise and persecute anyone who doesn't agree with the gay agenda.

edit on 24/7/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What agenda?

There are gay people. Since they are people, regardless of what they do sexually, they have the same rights as the rest of us, and where they don't, there is a problem. That is not an agenda. Where they are treated differently to straight people, there is a problem. That is not about agenda.

The only agenda, is being enacted by the anti-equality mob, all of whom, frankly, can tap dance on the sun for all I care. Intolerance has no place in society any more, and the faster this is realised and accepted, the better for everyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A very true statement.

And yet here we are in a thread titled "Homophobes - ye be hypocrites" which is designed to generalise and persecute anyone who doesn't agree with the gay agenda.

Intolerance means not tolerating. That includes people's opinions and not tolerating those that don't like homosexuality or those that are homophobic.

Tolerance and equality means just that.

No amount of PC garbage justifies calling people names under the banner of ''equality'' and ''tolerance''.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: thekaboose

We all know people are scared of what they don't understand and when they see a same sex couple showing acts of affection their brains cant handle it as it was so social stigmatized when they were younger leading to bigoted comments.

What a load of crap.... pun intended.

Much like when there was a social stigmata surrounding mixed raced couples? That a load of crap as well? Thank you so much for your valued opinion on the matter though. It has shed so much light on the issues at hand

a reply to: TrueBrit

I honestly don't think these people understand, when ever anyone sticks up for themselves or others it is officially an agenda as it somehow attacks them directly and completely destroys their belief system and social order.

Issue is, these people will never see others as equals. They will always be "not normal" or "sinners" or just "morally corrupt". Ignorance is shining bright from some people on this thread, I still argue a point to deny such ignorance pummeling truth into the ground based on belief.

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

No it doesn't, it never justifies it. Want to practice what you preach?
edit on 3107America/Chicagokamb2015201507America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Who was bisexual, not homosexual

Yea and bisexuals are the most discriminated against demographic of the LGBTQ group. Even homosexuals discriminate against them. Apparently, many don't believe that they are real form of sexuality.
New report highlights discrimination against bisexuals by both gays and straights

REPORT: High Rates of Violence, Discrimination Against Bisexual People

A brilliant but confused man who married a woman.

The man was denied hero status because he was gay. He wasn't confused, society screwed him over.

Saying or implying that there is a "gay agenda" is pretty homophobic buddy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Why are you so quiet? Why are you not condemning all these people for "destroying family values"? Why are you not pointing at them; telling them how they are destroying the true meaning of marriage?

I posted in the Cheater Club hacked thread. The people that do post about how those sites and the cheaters on it are bad people get called prudes and are told that there is no law against adultery (even though some states have laws against it).
I dislike cheaters, whether straight, homo, bi or whatever. I can't stand the liars.

I am not opposed to gay marriage, but I don't like cheaters. But there are people out there standing up for them in this case.... maybe some of them are cheaters themselves? Who knows? But if that many people belong to Ashley Madison... chances are that you know a few of them. It isn't like they are going to tell you about it though.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Saying or implying that there is a "gay agenda" is pretty homophobic buddy.

Its not homophobic. Saying there is no gay agenda is delusional, especially coming from a gay rights activist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join