It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is called a red herring fallacy.

This is a thread about hypocrisy isn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Maybe people should think a little before they write, think is this something I would be proud of my children reading in 5-10 years time

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

This is called a red herring fallacy.

This is a thread about hypocrisy isn't it?

Hypocrisy, yes? The letter of the law? No.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No one in this thread is responsible for enforcing immigration law. I have also not seen a single member in this thread saying "# it" about immigration law either. There is no hypocrisy here outside of what you have invented in your head and presented as a red herring.

The hypocrisy in the OP is noted hypocrisy based on Christians' own words and their bible. It has nothing to do with what the politicians who represent them may be doing in their names.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I wouldn't have a problem with my children reading it. Why would you?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I wouldn't have a problem with my children reading it. Why would you?

Sorry im not going to be drawn in to this pointless childish pissing match.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

There is no tactic.

I have less than no time for strategic discussion. I am BS free. I am calling it as I see it, and all I am seeing is a person desperately trying to justify an unjustifiable position, and whining about being called on it, using every fallacy, every red herring, every deflection and evasion to avoid reality for as long as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Then why did you post here to begin with? Just wanted to drive by and let everyone know your contempt for us talking openly about homosexuality?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Okay back to the topic at hand shall we?

Are any of you adulterers, or murderers, or thieves, or liars who would like to come out of the closet and convince me that there's nothing wrong with your lifestyle and I'm just a bigot for disagreeing based on something I read in a 2000 year old book?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You seem to have referenced the 10 Commandments to make your list of sinners, although you missed out Idolaters and Coveters.

Is it the elusive, probably lost forever, 11th Commandment that says: Thou Shalt Not Love a Person of the Same Gender as Thyself in A Carnal Way.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So, homosexuals are on par with murderers, thieves, liars and adulterers now?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So, homosexuals are on par with murderers, thieves, liars and adulterers now?

You forgot pedophiles, Jew hating, cross burning, devil worship, ect ect (sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Grow up. You know good and well what the Bible says about sodomy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Actually, I don't.

I'm one who worships another god than the one referenced in the First Commandment.

Might I add, that some heterosexuals indulge in buggery. Do you want them to have their rights to get married withdrawn?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: berenike

Grow up. You know good and well what the Bible says about sodomy.

was that were the bible says Sodom and Getmoreofit
edit on 24-7-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Can any of you stick to the topic? The OP wants to know why Christians seem to be focused on homosexuality while remaining silent about the Ashley Madison ordeal. I'm attempting to answer that question.

So how about it? Any adulterers in the house?

edit on 24-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

It was a tough read going through the muddle in this thread, but it is a good topic Gemwolf. The first thing I thought of with the Ashley Madison scandal was the same thing. How can so much effort be put into stopping someone experience a relationship and marriage because of on e groups demand they own the "contract rights" to it, yet the group that owned it traditionally didn't really respect it.

I don't think that homophobia was the entire premise behind the fight over Gay marriage, yes, a large chunk of it was but also people are funny critters, we cling very hard to ideologies, especially those that permit our "property rights" maybe a smaller percentage was about people fearing change in the system. A system they know their whole lives and have lived by in public. Many people don't like change.

Facing the fact that the moral obligation placed on them regarding marriage isn't taken very seriously behind closed doors it seems for a large percentage. People don't want to be caught cheating because it exposes them as homophobes, rather there are socio economic reasons why they stay in a marriage.

Hypocrital, yes in the case of AM cheaters. However, I assume not all AM cheaters were homophobic

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

was that were the bible says Sodom and Getmoreofit

Or is it "Sodit and Gomoron"?

(joke)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Weeks ago the world was ablaze with talk about "gays" after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Obergefell v. Hodges that state level bans on same-sex marriage to was unconstitutional and in the process legalized same-sex marriage. On ATS alone we saw dozens of threads on the topic. The media became saturated with discussions about it and, let's be honest, it became a bit tiresome.

While the majority of people rejoiced, it also gave the (handful of) homophobes the opportunity to be very depressed and to preach about the evils of homosexuality. We heard stuff like:

"It Is Not Marriage. Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses."

"It Violates Natural Law. Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law. Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality."

"It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother. It is in the child’s best interests that he be raised under the influence of his natural father and mother.Same-sex marriage ignores a child’s best interests."

"Same-sex marriage turns a moral wrong into a Civil Right."

"Same-sex marriage doesn't create a family but a naturally sterile union"

"Homosexual marriage will devalue your marriage."

"Same-sex marriage offends God - Random quoted Bible verse here."

And so on. You know the arguments...

So, let's fast forward to this week...

Identities now revealed in Ashley Madison hack

The odds were 37 million to 1, but a Massachusetts man is the first unlucky person to be publicly identified in connection with the recent hack on the popular online adultery site Ashley Madison, whose slogan is, “Life is short. Have an affair.”

According to the Enterprise in Brockton, Massachusetts, the local resident’s name, profile ID, home address, email address and a “list of fantasies” were included in a manifesto message as an example of the information hackers had learned.
The security breach at Ashley Madison – which even Wednesday was boasting “Over 37,890,000 anonymous members!” – was first reported late Sunday by Brian Krebs of KrebsonSecurity, a website focusing on cyber security.

More

In case you missed it, let's just repeat it - 37 890 000 people on a website dedicated to "casual encounters, married dating, discreet encounters and extramarital affairs". And that's just one of several websites and apps that exists for the sole purpose of cheating on their wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends or just casual sex...

Now let's take a quick glance at same-sex marriage numbers (not a lot of up-to-date statistics are available):
By June 26, 2013 there were 71,165 same-sex marriages in the US (Source). 400,000 reported according to 2015 figures.
In 2013 726,600 same-sex households were reported by Census. And a total of about 9 million homosexual people in the US...

How exactly does that compare to the nearly 38 million people willing to cheat on their partners? Let's pretend that only Americans are Ashley Madison members and that all 9 million homosexual people are on Ashley Madison. And let's pretend that half of those that are left are single. That leaves 14.5 million straight folks willing to be unfaithful.

So my question to those that love to cry about same-sex marriages or homosexuals in general:
Why are you so quiet? Why are you not condemning all these people for "destroying family values"? Why are you not pointing at them; telling them how they are destroying the true meaning of marriage? Why are you not quoting dozens Bible verses and telling them what an abomination they are and how they are going to burn in hell? Why not just quote the Ten Commandments - "Thou shalt not commit adultery"? Shouldn't you be even angrier with adulterers seeing that homosexuality isn't even mentioned in the 10 Commandments? Where are the dozens of threads on ATS discussing this issue? From what you've been saying this should be eating away at you because it is destroying society's moral fiber...?

Do a quick search on ATS about the topic, and you'll find that it is awfully quiet in the room. I'm sure they don't approve of the behavior of those on Ashley Madison, but they're not nearly as verbal about their disapproval of adulterers as they are about homosexuality. And if you look at the numbers, infidelity is a much bigger "problem" than homosexuality...

Yes, all those judging homosexuals and crying over same-sex marriage - you are hypocrites.

[/rant]

You can say what ever makes you feel better, but the US Supreme Court does not trump the word of God. Not even close. You follow who you want, but I'll follow Gods commandments.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

So it's ok to opress others because you believe a book is some god's law? Still hypocrisy to condemn one thing based on some book but not another.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join