It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy miracle! Watch Virgin Mary's Lips 'MOVE' on Painting During Prayer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Absolutely, and furthermore the fact that we have God given free will is probably the most in humane thing he/she/it has done, I mean look at us..

*Prepare to dodge incoming projectiles in 3,2,1..*

edit on 22-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Also, one thing that really gets me with all of these "miracles" of bleeding states, crying statues, grease marks shaped like Jesus, etc, is why?
I mean, what are catholics easily amused or something?

Why, not.. "hey guys look at me, I'm God and watch me fly around and make all the nuclear war heads disappear! And then watch this! Remember my first trick, turning water to wine? Well watch this, world hunger -bye bye, look it's raining food!

I mean seriously, religion, what a joke sometimes.

The older mankind gets, the more ridiculous it looks.

I am not even Christian, so, obviously, there is interest in the topic even beyond Christians.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So speaks the most sanctimonious.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Answer
There is a special method of parenting that will stop it. Some people are able to pull it off and some aren't.

Yep, it's called a butt whopping.

That is not a good method in my opinion and may or may not stop a child from yelling at a shrine, unless you plan to butt whoop them in the shrine?

Well, why not? WWJD?

It really only helps to give a little spank to toddlers who don;t understand the full sentence of 'don't touch the stove' or similar. They will associate touching the stove or climbing a tall bookcase with a spank. Otherwise, it can be avoided, the spanking.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The who? Please explain.

link   

Still doesn't make sense. In fact that makes it worse.
Unless you mean like debating what color Suranam's robe was in Lord of The Rings. Or guessing what Harry Potters first meal might have been.
Pointless.

link   
I am going to assume that the person taking the video and witnesses are seeing the painting moving. No cgi. That being the case, I believe that the illusion lies in the canvas itself. It needs to be reframed. Humidity and time causes canvases to stretch and buckle. That is why the canvas needs to be restretched on frames to avoid the paint from eventually cracking. In this video, I believe, what we are seeing is the canvas being manipulated by air currents. As far as a miracle goes...well even realizing the truth, some will still look upon it as a message just for them from God.
pick your camp!
edit on 7 22 2015 by CynConcepts because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What if I want to be spanked?
You know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Still doesn't make sense. In fact that makes it worse.
Unless you mean like debating what color Suranam's robe was in Lord of The Rings. Or guessing what Harry Potters first meal might have been.
Pointless.

You didn;t quote what you were referring to, so makes it hard to answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: IAMTAT

If it's real then it's unsettling for me, the thought of Fatima comes to mind.

Don't worry, it's not.

No one can know if it is real or not, just because the camera is crappy. I don't know if it is real. I don't find anyone here that has special knowledge that would qualify them to prove it either way.

I think it's hokem, however the guy that took this video, (if he did) implies that, 'it happened each time he took pictures' end of. Ambiguity reigns, sort of.

edit on 22-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I am going to assume that the person taking the video and witnesses are seeing the painting moving. No cgi. That being the case, I believe that the illusion lies in the canvas itself. It needs to be reframed. Humidity and time causes canvases to stretch and buckle. That is why the canvas needs to be restretched on frames to avoid the paint from eventually cracking. In this video, I believe, what we are seeing is the canvas being manipulated by air currents. As far as a miracle goes...well even realizing the truth, some will still look upon it as a message just for them from God.
pick your camp!

That is more possible. Not that it is the answer, but it is possible and you left some room after. Good answer

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What if I want to be spanked?
You know what I mean?

Ya, that you have a fetish.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

If it's real then it's unsettling for me, the thought of Fatima comes to mind.

Don't worry, it's not.

No one can know if it is real or not, just because the camera is crappy. I don't know if it is real. I don't find anyone here that has special knowledge that would qualify them to prove it either way.

I think it's hokem, however the guy that took this video, (if he did) implies that, 'it happened each time he took pictures' end of. Ambiguity reigns, sort of.

It is not proved either way , you are right.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/
adjectivederogatory
making a show of being morally superior to other people.
"what happened to all the sanctimonious talk about putting his family first?"
synonyms: self-righteous, holier-than-thou, pious, pietistic, churchy, moralizing, preachy, smug, superior, priggish, hypocritical, insincere; informalgoody-goody
"no one wants to hear your sanctimonious hot air"

I am none of these things. If you don't like how I try to keep it logical, and questioning, or debate for what I believe my stance is, that is too bad. You don;t have to like me. I am definitely not holier than thou or churchy, smug or superior or insincere or goody goody.

I am actually very sincere. Very invested in what I believe in. If my tone is cold or non emotional soetimes (believe me it is opposite others), doesn't mean I am sanctimonious. You might need a better word.
edit on 22-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

"Go after the ball, not the player"

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I had been leaning towards writing this one off as an optical illusion.
However, after watching it two more times...it really does appear that the lips are moving in sync with the actual words. Especially towards the end.
edit on 22-7-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Honestly, I have had fun separating audio from videos and inputting a different audio track. It can be freaking hilarious on family videos! It mainly works because when you hear your brain will automatically connect the lips movement to make it more realistic. Have you ever watched cartoons? Seriously, really watched the characters lips. Uh huh. You will see what you expect or want to see, unless you really disconnect. Watch this video muted and you will see that the whole canvas is just rippling.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not buying this. One man's claims with a shoddy video. No other witnesses, unless I missed that part of the article.. "Hundreds are flocking..." Of course they are. None of which will see anything spectacular, all of which will leave feeling warm and fuzzy with their pockets potentially a little lighter.

edit on 7-22-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If this is the best god can do, miracle wise, it's a let down. I would think god could do better. Maybe a miracle budget is in effect. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If this is the best god can do, miracle wise, it's a let down. I would think god could do better. Maybe a miracle budget is in effect. Who knows.

It's possible. I have not seen that point of view before. I think ancient peoples actually saw miracles and more supernatural things (not all, though most explained by science later).

Even if you meant it as a joke, it is interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I'm not buying this. One man's claims with a shoddy video. No other witnesses, unless I missed that part of the article.. "Hundreds are flocking..." Of course they are. None of which will see anything spectacular, all of which will leave feeling warm and fuzzy with their pockets potentially a little lighter.

There are not usually camera crews with top of the line equipment just waiting when things like this happen. I think the article says others saw..correct me if I am wrong.

Of course it will raise funds for the place (both hoaxes and non hoaxes would). But that still doesn't make it impossible and there is not enough evidence to debunk it. I am not 'buying it' , lock stock and barrel either. But it could be.

Example: Sane person sees fully manifested ghost 3 times in their home. Ghost hunters with 10k in equipment show up and...nothing.
I think it has happened before.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join